why is combustive shot so dumb?

Stand The Wall.6987

Back in the core days, combo fields were the thing, this created a combo field fo everyone to use. Tiny bit of time passes and the combo fields become a wee bit useless due to the ways people gain boons now.

Personally I'd like to see blast finishers gain more damage or cause an effect. Gaining boons for a blast just feels off in this game.

Now on the skill itself, its still stuck in 2012, Zerkers version works due to being rather spammable and the simple fact that it does more damage and burning per use, so yes combustive shot does need an update to what it does.

Have to agree with Smoosh, Combo fields could use some reworking tbh.Specifically we need some kind of priority or duel effect or something because actively using combos is quite a pain when other players are around and there is so much skill spam going on.

For example I run a Ranger with an Electric Wyvern in PvE specifically for the high amount of hard CC that pet provides as CC is an area my character alone is pretty weak in, so this is a good pet combo to have for small group/solo champion fights etc which is often how I fight them and prefer to fight them.

I often make use of the F2 to setup an electric field so I can combo a leap Daze CC but this can easily be screwed up by a Necro using GS4 or someone else throwing random AOE fields everywhere and that hurts my on demand CC capability which is also my setup to switch into melee for DPS and max my damage while the boss is stunned.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:When I proposed my spear and pistol especs for Warrior I purposely put blast finisher traits for this reason. Things like enhanced effects and blasting multiple fields with a single finisher.

Anet needs to bring finishers back into focus with EoD.They are removing that kinds of functionality on purpose, cause the server is struggling to do the calculations per tick, they need to rework the system as a whole.

@Vancho.8750 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:When I proposed my spear and pistol especs for Warrior I purposely put blast finisher traits for this reason. Things like enhanced effects and blasting multiple fields with a single finisher.

Anet needs to bring finishers back into focus with EoD.They are removing that kinds of functionality on purpose, cause the server is struggling to do the calculations per tick, they need to rework the system as a whole.

That is an issue with their engine more than anything else. Sparkly armor pieces and footfalls don't help it either.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That is an issue with their engine more than anything else. Sparkly armor pieces and footfalls don't help it either.Well they decided to fix it by removing the interactions, they can backtrack but only on new stuff, cause they are consistently inconsistent , but they will leave a big mess afterwards, as warrior is one of the best examples for that. At least they should be consistent with their decisions since backtracking for one thing and leaving the others in the previous state is not fair, example Explosive Entrance on Engi.