Do public strike missions ever happen?

Kam.8109

You're wasting your time.

Unless it's boneskinner or whisper of jormag, you really don't need to have experience with it so I'd suggest you make a LFG squad group and just look for firebrand+alacrity renegade+banner berserker/warrior. Watch some videos if you have to get the gist of it.

• Shiverpeak Pass /Icebrood Construct = dodge when it is doing ice slam / spread attack , if you have healers/aegis you can just DPS it
  • Kodan / Voice + Claw = hit Voice til it's low then switch, kill both at same time, don't stand in red circles and break CC bar using special action ; reflects help
  • Fraenir = dodge when he jumps ; reflects help with elementals
  • Boneskinner = people don't do the torch mechanic , overheal method is stack and dodge when spikes (black puddles) pop up near it ---> fails a lot if people don't stack if ignoring torches
  • Whisper of Jormag = spread when red circles pop (no overlap) , stack on green circle, chains mechanic kills people between chain and boss, at 10% it starts firing orbs like in Nightmare fractal that do high damage ---> fails a lot if people don't break CC bar or chain others to death
  • Forging Steel = self explanatory if you read the notifications and don't do challenge motes: collect items for tonics, kill enemies, snipe from perches, use stone cannons on enemies with shield, defend tank (use scrap metal to repair), collect ammo for tank, use tank harpoon on boss breakbar and then DPS it

Most people on berserker/viper gear with damage traits and respective power/condi weapons can do them without much trouble (the first few). That said as time passes you will want a good build if you aren't running one so that you spend less time and can carry people that may be undergeared, avoid repeating if people join playing random stuff like pistol+pistol thief or no-weaponswapping max range Greatsword mesmer, or get people that are just plain lazy (1 spammers).

• 2 weeks later...

@ATMAvatar.5749 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:I'd suggest you make a LFG squad group and just look for firebrand+alacrity renegade+banner berserker/warrior.

I won't disagree with the efficacy of this group setup, but it is a rather sad indictment of the current game balance that you have to construct groups around a few very specific builds of specific professions.

You dont. All you want to do is have all boons. How you get them doesnt matter.Mightcan be covered by druid but also firebrands+ renegade, herald, tempest, warriors, deadeyes....Quickness can be covered by firebrand or chrono. But you can also cover it by dps firebrands, dragonhunters, mirages, dps chronos (or even core mesmer or guard right). You cal also use 2 support chronos, 1 quickness chrono or chrono + fb mix. Or multiple combos of those above.Alacrity can be covered by renegade or chrono. But again, 2 dps renegades, 1 support renegade, heal renegade, 2 chronos or even chrono and herald.Amd fury.... also multiple ways

I do public strikes every day, it usually works out except for boneskinner and whisper. There was one day when my public group couldn't handle the fraenir, and a lfg group could handle it just fine on their second try.

For the most part, people with experience go into the lfg and it tends to go smoothly, usually. Public strikes is more like playing the lottery, and some people actually prefer it that way. However, it's rare when a public strike can get the gold rewards.

So, to op, yes, time slice probably plays a role. People don't like idling around waiting for several minutes. If you can only do strikes at such times, use the lfg, since it allows everyone to engage in other content until the squad is full, father than wasting your time in the waiting Hall.

• 7 months later...

Well, a strike mission It is basically the methadone of the raids, with all that implies in term of toxicity etc. they were so badly implemented that the "public" option is completely useless, I think they realized this sad fact and created dragon response missions that at the moment are really fun and seems good for beginners, btw we will see in the future, the real sad thing is that strike missions are a missed opportunity to bring people closer to raids without the ever present toxic/elitists of the raid world due to this rough design.

@"nargilli.6987" said:Well, a strike mission It is basically the methadone of the raids, with all that implies in term of toxicity etc. they were so badly implemented that the "public" option is completely useless, I think they realized this sad fact and created dragon response missions that at the moment are really fun and seems good for beginners, btw we will see in the future, the real sad thing is that strike missions are a missed opportunity to bring people closer to raids without the ever present toxic/elitists of the raid world due to this rough design.

What do raiders creating their own squads or strikes have with the toxic nature of random people in the strike teams?

@ATMAvatar.5749 said:

@Infusion.7149 said:I'd suggest you make a LFG squad group and just look for firebrand+alacrity renegade+banner berserker/warrior.

I won't disagree with the efficacy of this group setup, but it is a rather sad indictment of the current game balance that you have to construct groups around a few very specific builds of specific professions.

Really doesn't have anything to do with game balance whatsoever, Chronomancer, Firebrand and Renegade are just literally the only specs in the game capable of upkeeping group Quickness and Alacrity, and Warrior the only profession capable of providing those multiple unique 10 man buffs, each of those boons/buffs adds drastically more value than anything else you could bring to an absurd degree, making them essentially mandatory.

If anything your complaint would be, understandably so, about game design, unless you are critiquing the efficacy of Quickness/Alacrity and Banners itself ofc.