What do you think of the new Living World: Champions? (spoilers inside) - [Merged]

Aaralyna.3104

@"Manasa Devi.7958" said:What do I think? It's all a bit boring, just those 3 near identical missions. I won't be contributing much to advance the progress bar. Here's hoping the next few weeks will be adding some more interesting and substantial stuff.Quoting myself here. I expected there would be more than an NPC replacement and a different brand of tokens. "Interesting and substantial" this is not.

I guess I'll do the missions once more for bonus participation rewards at the end of the week. A shame I can't preview the rewards before earning some tokens to see if it's worth the trouble.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kirigaya Kazuto.8547 said:Champions is by far the biggest let-down since release of Guild Wars 8 years ago!What a horrible joke and to think this is all we get until the expansion releases some time next year....

You can see how much Arenanet cares for Guild Wars at this point!

Even more, the biggest let down since realease of guild wars 1 , 15 years ago

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:I guess I'll do the missions once more for bonus participation rewards at the end of the week.

Just do four events in Field of Ruin.That is much faster than the DRMs and gives you more tokens.

Alas, too late. I didn't check that achievement category so I missed that, and I already did the DRMs now. I had a good groups though so it went as fast as it can.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:I guess I'll do the missions once more for bonus participation rewards at the end of the week.

Just do four events in Field of Ruin.That is much faster than the DRMs and gives you more tokens.

Alas, too late. I didn't check that achievement category so I missed that, and I already did the DRMs now. I had a good groups though so it went as fast as it can.

I think that'll be available everyday (until the next faction comes, probably mid January), so it shouldn't be too late.

@Fueki.4753 said:

I think that'll be available everyday (until the next faction comes, probably mid January), so it shouldn't be too late.It's too late in the sense that I'm done with this now that I've spent my 5 tokens. I would've preferred going to the FoR for 5 tokens but now that I already got the 5 (bought one with a material donation) I have no reason to go there.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:What do I think? It's all a bit boring, just those 3 near identical missions. I won't be contributing much to advance the progress bar. Here's hoping the next few weeks will be adding some more interesting and substantial stuff.Quoting myself here. I expected there would be more than an NPC replacement and a different brand of tokens. "Interesting and substantial" this is not.

I guess I'll do the missions once more for bonus participation rewards at the end of the week. A shame I can't preview the rewards before earning some tokens to see if it's worth the trouble.

You totaly can by going into bonus events clicking the locked achievement.But its same as crystal bloom reward week 1/5 of what we got during fractal/world boss week.Guess anet dident like people droping banners everywere.

@Ashantara.8731 said:So, am I getting this right? We won't be able to do any other episodes' achievements until the next chapter on any character with whom we have the current episode active, because we will lose all progress of this chapter and would have to start over?

It looks like all you lose is the 3 drm missions.So you dont have to do all they story missions again, atleast thats what it looked like on Mukluk's stream last night.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:So, am I getting this right? We won't be able to do any other episodes' achievements until the next chapter on any character with whom we have the current episode active, because we will lose all progress of this chapter and would have to start over?It looks like all you lose is the 3 drm missions.

Still, not the best way to go about it. I'd rather have them release the mini content in separate episodes than in chapters, thereby locking characters to the current story.

OK, I have never really made any posts in the forum. I don't have a Twitter, else I would Tweet at them but this "story" chapter is such a huge let down for me and many others. Why was it advertised as a chapter when all we got are dumb ass fucking strike missions? At least the Ryland one wasn't advertised as anything more than side content. It says we are supposed to be making allies. More like wait around for two weeks for someone new to show up. No actual recruiting. Who is doing the recruiting? The Commander isn't, that's for fucking certain. We sit around with our thumbs up our asses waiting for someone new to turn up to donate more stupid tokens to them. What a fucking joke.I was under the impression that we would have ACTUAL STORY in a LIVING WORLD STORY. We got like 10 mins of Taimi explaining the situation and then three very dull and hard missions to duo/solo. Nothing more. Nothing interesting. How could you make us having to forge an alliance with JORMAG and Ryland BORING??? I was so excited only to finish the third DRM and be hit with a "do x" and no actual end to the chapter. I legit thought I was glitched. If something in your game makes your players think it's a glitch, you've fucked up. So I looked around and it said the next mission will be Dec 1. So it came and my hubby and I got excited to see what we actually get and...Fucking nothing. Absolutely nothing. No new story. No new progress. Just another community event for grinding those dumb tokens. ANet, I have been a loyal fan for 6 years. I have enjoyed almost everything you've put out. But this is probably the worst thing you have done, including the shitshow that was HoT and the absolutely terrible LS3.The sad thing is, I want to replay the missions that now have voice acting but I can't. Not until this story actually finishes else I have to start it all over again. (I guess I can use another level 80 for this though). At least communicate with us. At least let us know if there will be actual story. Don't advertise this as anything more than a side thing, like what you did for the Ryland thing.I am more than disappointed.

I find the current LS disappointing. We have 3 dragon response missions and that is about it. We're stuck at 2/7 masteries, a "semi-permanent" green star in our screen corner until the next storyline advancement and not much else to do. The repeated grind of the same 3 response missions is not what the general player community was expecting. Not to mention the ETREMELY LOW drop rate of the new dragon weapons. Sad that such an item is locked behind a horrible RNG, not to mention a mastery point of all things. I can only hope that this means most of ANET's resources are going into the Cantha EXPAC.

I've been playing Guild Wars since GW1 Beta and this is by far the most disappointing content so far.

@radda.8920 said:

@NekoLen.9753 said:including the kitten that was
HoT
and the absolutely terrible
LS3

Best parts of the game for me.If everything had kept the level of HOT, this game would be a masterpiece.Nothing comparable to the total boredom of this saga.

wildstar showed us the fate of mmos, that cater only to the hardcore crowd. i am guessing, that hot is the prime reason for the steam delay.when the big steam crowd hits maguma, they need something, that resembles the core game, not a completely different one.they would tare it apart in the reviews, and dump it again

@battledrone.8315 said:

HoT
LS3

Best parts of the game for me.If everything had kept the level of HOT, this game would be a masterpiece.Nothing comparable to the total boredom of this saga.

wildstar showed us the fate of mmos, that cater only to the hardcore crowd
. i am guessing, that hot is the prime reason for the steam delay.when the big steam crowd hits maguma, they need something, that resembles the core game, not a completely different one.they would tare it apart in the reviews, and dump it again

I don't quite understand the connection with wildstar.hot is absolutely not complicated, proof full of casuals have managed to finish it.if it was truly a hardcore game, not so many people would be able to explore the whole game

just because content forces you to use your brain as little as possible by allowing you to improve yourself doesn't mean it's hardcore

we have the impression that for the gw2 community, as soon as we have to do something other than spam 1, it's difficult ..

hot had the best metas in the game by farAuric Bassin/verdant brink was a masterpiece in terms of contentand currently we have maps like drizzlewood coast, where we sleep on the keyboard

@radda.8920 said:

HoT
LS3

. i am guessing, that hot is the prime reason for the steam delay.when the big steam crowd hits maguma, they need something, that resembles the core game, not a completely different one.they would tare it apart in the reviews, and dump it again

I don't quite understand the connection with wildstar.hot is absolutely not complicated, proof full of casuals have managed to finish it.if it was truly a hardcore game, not so many people would be able to explore the whole game

just because content forces you to use your brain as little as possible by allowing you to improve yourself doesn't mean it's hardcore

we have the impression that for the gw2 community, as soon as we have to do something other than spam 1, it's difficult ..

hot had the best metas in the game by farAuric Bassin/verdant brink was a masterpiece in terms of contentand currently we have maps like drizzlewood coast, where we sleep on the keyboard

Yeah I don't understand the previous comment either. HoT is fine as it is as long as you don't skip the early content. Steam is delayed because of the expansion and possibly because of the server issues in LS4 and PoF which they are still trying to fix. Nothing to do with HoT at all and zero parallels to Wildstar (which just wasn't a great MMO from what I played of it).

I don't think of HoT as a masterpiece because of how much they said they had to shelve and how short the story was cut down to. But, I did love the maps at the time and it had huge replay value. As much as I loved PoF, it didn't have the staying power of HoT - I found myself constantly doing VB event chains over and over, not to mention the meta bosses. So far I've found the expac experience in GW2 far superior to the LS experience

@radda.8920 said:

HoT
LS3

if so many casuals had finished it, you can bet, that they would had made more of the same.they spent most of the next year trying to make it playable for normal people. didnt work out. they even kept the multi loot bug in game,just to make it popular too.wildstar was a hardcore mmo, and they never really got off the ground, because they didnt have millions of casuals to keep them afloat.hardcore content has to be perfectly scaled and optimized, and that process takes time. so, they either have to launch with a PERFECT game (lol)or, they have to scramble to fix things, while their customer base is leaving them.casual content is much easier to create, but then you need a lot more of it.

Just had to react to these HoT remarks but I've put it in a spoiler below since it feels like the HoT/wildstar talk isn't on topic anymore.On topic though, aside from all of the flaws I listed earlier that had nothing to do with the combat, I don't really mind the emergency response missions. You do have to look out a bit while doing them on cm cause if you don't, you can get downed pretty easily if you don't dodge. So at least it forces people to use their skills and/or dodges a bit which is a positive thing imo.

! Are we really going to put HoT content up for discussion whether it was good or not? It was and is by far the best content in the game with the most exciting maps and plenty of replayability. PoF on the contrary, I played it for 2-3 weeks to get all the achies and never set foot in there again aside from hitting a pinata for 5 secs to get some loot. Anytime I do get back to it, it doesn't last long cause there just isn't much to do aside from the bounties but we already that "content" from weekly guild missions so why they have put them as main content in the PoF maps is still a mystery to me, it was just more of the same.! HoT just has everything, meta's that require the map to truely cooperate because all of them force people to split up, and solo content that can be somewhat challenging but doesn't push it too far either. You can do plenty of it on your own, and for the few harder hero points, just ask for help in chat if you can't solo them. That's what an mmo is about, cooperating.! People have just become way too used to just pressing 1 with 100 people to get everything done since HoT and PoF elite specs provided a lot of extra damage output but none of the Tyria bosses ever got properly updated for it aside from a health increase. Things shouldn't be elitist but requiring people to use their brain a little and press something else than constantly spamming 1 isn't too much to ask is it? If the content is a little challenging like in HoT, at least people improve over time while easy content that doesn't challenge people will not make them improve in any way. Self-improvement provides satisfaction and connects people to the game way more than mindlessly autoattacking all the time and having no sense of achievement whatsoever. There used to be a time when bosses had variable time windows to spawn and people had to cooperate with those in the map at that time to actually get it done, or get some friends and guildies over which was what connected people to eachother, we helped eachother to get things done and we scavenged for every extra person we could get because it actually mattered and could make the difference between succeeding or failing. Sure, it failed sometimes, but isn't it fine for open world content to fail from time to time? I had way more fun doing them that way and having to play actively than just gathering with a full map at a given time and get the guaranteed kill while autoattacking and paying zero attention whatsoever. But when people get the choice to do something the easy way or the hard way, ofcourse we choose the easy way, that's human nature. Is the easiest way the most fun and longest lasting though? I don't think so.

The morale booster events for the Metrica Province DRM seem to be considerably more time consuming to complete than the other DRMs so far released. Gendarran Fields: grab 1 bucket and put out fires with it, Brisban Wildlands: grab 1 bucket and put out fires with it while interacting with bulbs to activate plant turrets, Metrica Province: search for a tool for about 2 seconds so that you can activate 1 golem with it and repeat 10 times.

Can this be changed so that the search is either instant or so that you can hold on to the tool after activating a golem?

@nopinopa.4861 said:I am surprised the community got t3 in the current event already. I was pretty sure that since this event has bad reward, skins from the previous and still available maps and we still need to grind drm over and over again, reaching t3 would be even harder than with crystal bloom.

Considering we can now earn the token quicker and easier than before via Fields of Ruin, I'm not terribly surprised.

@nopinopa.4861 said:I am surprised the community got t3 in the current event already. I was pretty sure that since this event has bad reward, skins from the previous and still available maps and we still need to grind drm over and over again, reaching t3 would be even harder than with crystal bloom.

They may have adjusted the target figures to require less contributions