Request; ARENANET communicate with the COMMUNITY [about Living World: Champions]

StrangeSelcouth nz.9256

I want to clarify that I love Guild Wars 2 and the whole franchise, been playing since GW1, so the game has a special place in my heart. I would also like to thank the team to still provide content to a game that we ALL LOVE.

But please, can @ARENANET explain what's going on with this Living World release? I mean seriously this is a HUGE downgrade. I can understand that sources might be limited, due to Covid / lack of funds / focusing on next expansion.

but PLEASE Arenanet, COMMUNICATE with the community! I for one prefer an explanation of what is going on, and receive feedback about the community's feedback about this release! Like tell us what is going on, don't leave us in the dark. At the end of the day we the COMMUNITY support you, not only through money, but through feedback on how to improve the game that we love.

I really believe in GW2, it has so much potential, too much. But this issue of communication has to be sorted out;

"Good communication is the bridge between confusion and clarity."

Thank you, much love and long live GuildWars <3

@"Kartky.2409" said:Thank you for keeping attention to what is happening with the game. Here is a link for you, maybe u get lighten after reading this. Cheer

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-icebrood-saga-champions/

The linked timeline is part of why the information released is confusing.

With how releases are happening and this timeline, it only appears that they took one full chapter release and split it up into 4 chopped parts rather than four meaningful parts.

They changed leadership and went from having no plans for an expansion to wanting to get one out the next year. The remainder of the living world is going to feel lackluster because it's on a skeleton crew, as practically all of their resources have been shifted to pushing out an expansion in half the usual time.

When they stopped developing dungeons I said nothing because I did not dungeon crawl. When they stopped developing wvw I said nothing because I didn't wvw. When they stopped developing raids i said nothing because I was not a raider. Now that they stop developing the content I liked, no one is left to say anything. This is kinda what this community deserved. Anet got a free pass from everything mentioned above, and now you are shocked when it happened to the LS as well.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:When they stopped developing dungeons I said nothing because I did not dungeon crawl. When they stopped developing wvw I said nothing because I didn't wvw. When they stopped developing raids i said nothing because I was not a raider. Now that they stop developing the content I liked, no one is left to say anything. This is kinda what this community deserved. Anet got a free pass from everything mentioned above, and now you are shocked when it happened to the LS as well.

This^

100% this.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:When they stopped developing dungeons I said nothing because I did not dungeon crawl. When they stopped developing wvw I said nothing because I didn't wvw. When they stopped developing raids i said nothing because I was not a raider. Now that they stop developing the content I liked, no one is left to say anything. This is kinda what this community deserved. Anet got a free pass from everything mentioned above, and now you are shocked when it happened to the LS as well.

While I enjoy the dark satire behind this post and share some of its sentiment. I would like to add, that at each of these steps and many more in between, many people spoke out, said that their favorite game mode was being harmed and asked for further content and so on. It's not like ANet/NCsoft went unopposed by the community, they just don't care.

Honestly, at this stage, it's more about lack of communication meaning that people don't know what they should be doing right now. Is there new content available (like, at all), or is it just a case of being asked to do the same set of dragon response missions, just for different tokens? It's looking like it's the latter, but...

I mean we guessed wrong and some got disappointed(well most of us) but I can almost blueprint the rest. Chapter 2 3 drm and recruit factions and 2 masteries unlock carbon copy. Chapter 3 3 drm and recruit factions and 2 masteries unlock carbon copy. Chapter 4 the final drm and mastery. Plus a whole ton recipes for the upgrades to dragon weapons and other random stuff on vendors released in each one.

@Healix.5819 said:They changed leadership and went from having no plans for an expansion to wanting to get one out the next year. The remainder of the living world is going to feel lackluster because it's on a skeleton crew, as practically all of their resources have been shifted to pushing out an expansion in half the usual time.

That may be true, but the fact of the matter is they are clearly showing to me that they (( or the person/boss that orders them not to communicate))don't respect those that have spent and continue to spend on the game.

@"StrangeSelcouth nz.9256" said:but PLEASE Arenanet, COMMUNICATE with the community!

Posted on November 25:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/119042/clarification-on-icebrood-saga-champions-chapter-1-faction-events

Anyway, I agree that they never communicate in time and leave people in the unknown for too long. Communication needs to improve, but that's nothing new.