How would you like to travel to Cantha?

Ogwom.7940

@Ameepa.6793 said:I would simply walk into cantha

One does not simply walk into Cantha.

But in all seriousness, I think we should access it from the underground. Dredge tunnels from Sorrow's Furnace/Shiverpeaks to Echovald Forest. Would make sense with the recent Primordus stuff. If Cantha didn't want outsiders coming to their shores, I'm pretty sure they would blast ships out of sea and sky. But considering that the Aetherblades are likely to be involved somehow with hints dropped in the trailer, I am going to guess that Anet chooses we go there by airship (like how we went to the desert in PoF) because it has been done and it is easy. Going by sea could introduce us to the sea dragon as well, although why would we suddenly decide to sail across the ocean unless Cantha formally invites us?

I think all are viable given the lore, but I definitely think some kind of underground transport system cooked up by the Dredge would be the most interesting, since we have not seen this kind of transport method in game yet. Who knows, maybe the dredge that escaped to Cantha long ago have been in contact with the Tyrian tengu behind their walls, keeping tabs on the comes and goings of Cantha and secretly reporting to the tengu. A secret tengu-dredge alliance. Sure, why not?

@borgs.6103 said:Through a huge Fire Elder Dragon corpse bridge that spans from Bloodtide Coast to Kaineng City

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but Primordus' body falling and being so large it's the size of a whole new region in the game would be epic! Preferably over the ocean so it doesn't override areas we can already see on the map or may want to visit.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@"borgs.6103" said:Through a huge Fire Elder Dragon corpse bridge that spans from Bloodtide Coast to Kaineng City

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but Primordus' body falling and being so large it's the size of a whole new region in the game would be epic! Preferably over the ocean so it doesn't override areas we can already see on the map or may want to visit.

Nope. Not at all. It would in my opinion be the perfect start to "End of Dragons". Imagine traversing a dead dragon the size of a continent as the first story instance. Its magic still lingering in its corpse, so destroyers all over the place. Familiar foes and factions going there to establish a settlement to harvest magic, experiment or study for Open World playthrough purposes. It could also be the reason another dragon rose from the deep, since its corpse landed on the ocean. A great tidal wave due to the impact of its landing in the water changed the landscape, granting access to Cantha.

Anyone else thinking it might be nice to fly over with the Tengu? The dominion of winds is still prime starter location and undiscovered and the Tengu originally mostly come from Cantha anyway. They travelled from there to Tyria [continent] once, they can backtrack the same way [i dunno if they have some long-distance pelican tengu or they take breaks like migrating birds but I like the idea of going with them]

Fighting Jormag and Primordus in Tyria, we get forced for the finale back to the Shiverpeaks where it all started. We unite dredge, norn etc for the fights and Aurene buys us some time to escape with our allies through Sorrow's Embrace and via the tunnels, which the dredge allies reveal to us.

Then a heist instance while we travel. Train goes high speed and we gotta defend it from destroyers jumping all over it, trying to maintain our numbers as high as possible. At some point destroyers stop spawning, we enter some cutscene and after an undefined period of time the train stops in forgotten dredge mines in Cantha.

The only way an 'escape' will be justified for our Guild and for us the Commander would be only if we saved countless others in the process. Cause leaving Tyria for Cantha to save our skin is out off character. So with our allies/immigrants we try to enter cantha only to meet Luxons, Kurzicks or even the Empire with spears pointed to us.

There, prologue.

By cattlepult, like the cannon travel system in Secret of Mana!

@"Raknar.4735" said:Aren‘t the Sons of Svanir able to create portals? That would be an unexpected way.

Flame Legion can make portals, too. And I could see the Tengu having something that works as the key needed to make a portal to Cantha, but not having anyone that can do it. By allowing new Flame Legion allies to use it, a portal can finally be opened with no questions of "why did nobody do this before" because that's built into the plot.

• 2 weeks later...