It's been a while.

Murdock.6547

Years. Easily years. Since the PoF release, I believe? Maybe a single living world chapter after that.But it's been years since I last played. What have I missed? Any new gearsets? What's the state of the meta?... Have people stopped fighting about entitlement vs elitism in raid?

@Murdock.6547 said:Years. Easily years. Since the PoF release, I believe? Maybe a single living world chapter after that.But it's been years since I last played. What have I missed? Any new gearsets? What's the state of the meta?

Welcome back!There were a few changes, yes. I'm also recently back and i see that Minstrel Chrono is no longer a thing, Necromancers can portal now as well, but the usual Berserker's in PvE meta has remained largely unchanged. They also butchered Mirage in WvW, also mesmers in general. You can check the meta builds here:

https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

@Murdock.6547 said:... Have people stopped fighting about entitlement vs elitism in raid?

No they haven't.

@Murdock.6547 said:... Have people stopped fighting about entitlement vs elitism in raid?

On the possitive side...This debate has neem won by elitism. Raiding is now considered a niche for players who think they are much better then others.On the negative. The debate has shifted. It is almost as far as asking kill proof for the cave troll in Queensdale. (jokes aside, there has been some stirred up emotions about asking raid killproof for incredible easy dragon respons missions).

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

On the possitive side...This debate has neem won by elitism. Raiding is now considered a niche for players who think they are much better then others.On the negative. The debate has shifted. It is almost as far as asking kill proof for the cave troll in Queensdale. (jokes aside, there has been some stirred up emotions about asking raid killproof for incredible easy dragon respons missions).

Yea its almost like people cant be bothered to make their own groups.They always want to be the last fifth to join so they never have to wait at all.

Content-wise take a look at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release

Unless you're doing raids , 100cm (new Sunqua Peak Fractal), or some select instances where the boss runs around (whisper of jormag) it's pretty much berserker gear everywhere in PVE, that won't change for the most part.

Condi is still not meta in WVW for the most part due to level of cleansing that is currently amplified by scrappers and support spellbreakers and tempests. The burst isn't high enough to counter sustain.

In PVP some classes run condi (guardian, necro, mirage), but generally most people are power or bunkery (holo, daredevil, reaper, spellbreaker, druid/soulbeast , herald). Celestial shortbow renegade was a thing before Dec 1 patch.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

@"Murdock.6547" said:... Have people stopped fighting about entitlement vs elitism in raid?

Won by elitism? You mean people agreed that raiders are elitists or...?Also, i saw someone in map chat complaining that the meta went badly (it didn't, there was just one wipe, everyone got back in again 3 seconds later), because people are running "bad builds" lol. So, kind of like your Queensdale cave troll example. :tongue:

• 3 weeks later...

I always took a rather hot take for raiding being for the sweaty vs the casuls.In that I feel both sides are fantastically stupid most of the time.

Calling a fight like VG or Cairn hard or demanding 100+ KP for a join is idiotic beyond idiotic (3-5 kills is acceptable imo if you want "clean clears" so badly). Asking for raid KP to join in on a pug group for a strike mission is ALSO beyond stupid (I'm just hearing about that, I've yet to see a group like that). But what's more idiotic is being angry that there's something to challenge players to improve. It's not inaccessible because Anet want to enable snot nosed children the ability to look down on the "plebians". It's hard because it's supposed to push you (and ideally your friends and guild) to improve your knowledge, mechanics, and game sense. Raids, on paper, are a healthy thing for this game... but in practice have torn a rift between people who feel alienated for no real reason and those who want to spit on anyone they deem lesser.As a wise man once said "Is only game. Why you have to be mad?"

But that's old bitterness. I no longer really care. If anything I'd goad the two sides with popcorn and marshmallows, but I'd probably get reported for inciting flame wars lol.

@"Murdock.6547" said:I always took a rather hot take for raiding being for the sweaty vs the casuls.In that I feel both sides are fantastically stupid most of the time.

Calling a fight like VG or Cairn hard or demanding 100+ KP for a join is idiotic beyond idiotic (3-5 kills is acceptable imo if you want "clean clears" so badly). Asking for raid KP to join in on a pug group for a strike mission is ALSO beyond stupid (I'm just hearing about that, I've yet to see a group like that). But what's more idiotic is being angry that there's something to challenge players to improve. It's not inaccessible because Anet want to enable snot nosed children the ability to look down on the "plebians". It's hard because it's supposed to push you (and ideally your friends and guild) to improve your knowledge, mechanics, and game sense. Raids, on paper, are a healthy thing for this game... but in practice have torn a rift between people who feel alienated for no real reason and those who want to spit on anyone they deem lesser.As a wise man once said "Is only game. Why you have to be mad?"

But that's old bitterness. I no longer really care. If anything I'd goad the two sides with popcorn and marshmallows, but I'd probably get reported for inciting flame wars lol.

Some people dont want to improve, want queensdale level difficulty and still be let into raid squads tho.What do you do about them?

• 3 weeks later...

@Murdock.6547 said:Years. Easily years. Since the PoF release, I believe? Maybe a single living world chapter after that.But it's been years since I last played. What have I missed? Any new gearsets? What's the state of the meta?... Have people stopped fighting about entitlement vs elitism in raid?

Mounts are awesome, Skyscale is awesome, skyscale is a huge quality of life happiness boost, I hear so is roller beetle, races are a lot of fun. Every triple trouble time has at least 1 organized run up on LFG besides the one before the last run before reset. (the last run before reset is run and awesome). There is a freaking awesome map in one of the new living seasons where you get to rock out to a charr metal concert as part of the event called Grothmar valley and everything else on that map is super fun. a lot more stuff.