Time to nerf Golem runes

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Well they're S tier DPS runes provided the 50k HP on GW2 wiki is correct. They do complement the one-push-fight-over meta we are in by having very strong impact first 5 seconds of the fight and every 60s from there on.Steps choosing runes for largescale fights with a skilled group:

1. Check if you're minstrel with lot of support, if so take monk or trooper
  2. If not, consider speed runes (supp chrono, Necro specs usually end up taking this) or durability (very stat heavy, prevents one shots for whole party)
  3. If you fall into category of Scholar, Pack or Vampirism take Golemancer runes instead as the golem will make up for the 5% lost dps from scholar runes by absorbing 5%+ of the damage from multiple enemy DPS players.
  4. Other weirdly good runes: Nightmare, Firebrand, Mercy, Eagle, Antitoxin, Leadership, Balthazar and Divinity almost feel like worth taking.

So there are pretty much 5 viable runesets , 8 if you go against the meta and enjoy long term engagements, outside that theres some weird bad condi builds and suboptimal mesmer stuff that is still goin around.

Are golemancer runes really so busted that youd run it on every member of the party? Nah, most likely not.

Are they strong enough to make it so that you can meme with them on everyone? Yea most likely. People can focus better when they have a golem companion to make them happy.

What is next evolution of golemancer guilds? Well my theory is that running durability runes on everyone should be better if you wanna be supertanky, very immune to conditions, high protection upkeep and not waste any stats. So back to HoT meta where 3 or 4 people per party were running them.

@Threather.9354 said:

Are golemancer runes really so busted that youd run it on every member of the party? Nah, most likely not.

But large guilds are. It allows everyone in the guild to run as dps, because they just need the boons, not the defensive stats (the golem is the defensive stats). So, 40-50 players, all in comp'd specs to get boons, superspeed, alacrity, yet ALL are dps, since the golem soaks up the damage that the support specs would normally need to cover with healing. Don't leave out that the golems walk through walls, can get barriers and CC + 600 dps each. The lag doesn't improve the situation either.

@Ubi.4136 said:

But large guilds are. It allows everyone in the guild to run as dps, because they just need the boons, not the defensive stats (the golem is the defensive stats). So, 40-50 players, all in comp'd specs to get boons, superspeed, alacrity, yet ALL are dps, since the golem soaks up the damage that the support specs would normally need to cover with healing. Don't leave out that the golems walk through walls, can get barriers and CC + 600 dps each. The lag doesn't improve the situation either.

Well that does sound bad, but honestly i've never seen a large group ALL use golem runes.How often does that happen to become a problem?Just curious, not being sarcastic or anything.Because, so far, the fights i've had with my guild past few weeks, 3 times a week, i haven't seen anyone use a rune of the golemancer...So i'm curious where exactly is that problem coming from, who is running a full zerg with those runes?And how widespread it is. I mean, just because i haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist or isn't a problem so i'm just wondering.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

Well that does sound bad, but honestly i've never seen a large group ALL use golem runes.How often does that happen to become a problem?Just curious, not being sarcastic or anything.Because, so far, the fights i've had with my guild past few weeks, 3 times a week, i haven't seen anyone use a rune of the golemancer...So i'm curious where exactly is that problem coming from, who is running a full zerg with those runes?And how widespread it is. I mean, just because i haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist or isn't a problem so i'm just wondering.

From what I've seen it's more of an NA thing, at least that is where I've seen it used - I think EU side don't care as much for it but I had more looks through the tiers on NA than I did on EU.

@Veprovina.4876 said:I guess you got what you wanted:

Rune of the Golemancer: Adjusted the health of the summoned golem to be more in line with other rune summons.

Still meat shields which absorbs initial damage that would otherwise be hitting players.They should have changed it such that player skills do not prioritize the Golems, meaning- a 5 target AOE on 5 Golems and 1 player will hit 4 Golems and 1 player. Or, a 5 target AOE on 5 players and 1 Golem will hit 5 players and 0 Golems.

Or just remove them entirely because at least IMO runes shouldn't summon pets, period.

EDIT:I stand corrected (maybe?) AOE's already prioritize players, which I learned via a Reddit thread on today's patch. I'm not sure this is entirely true however, but because I don't know for certain I'll just say I still stand by my opinion that runes shouldn't summon things.

• Sad 1

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:I guess you got what you wanted:

Rune of the Golemancer: Adjusted the health of the summoned golem to be more in line with other rune summons.

Still meat shields which absorbs initial damage that would otherwise be hitting players.They should have changed it such that player skills do not prioritize the Golems, meaning- a 5 target AOE on 5 Golems and 1 player will hit 4 Golems and 1 player. Or, a 5 target AOE on 5 players and 1 Golem will hit 5 players and 0 Golems.

Or just remove them entirely because at least IMO runes shouldn't summon pets, period.

EDIT:I stand corrected
(maybe?)
AOE's already prioritize players, which I learned via a Reddit thread on today's patch. I'm not sure this is entirely true however, but because I don't know for certain I'll just say I still stand by my opinion that runes shouldn't summon things.

Well it's a step in the right direction at least.

• Confused 1