World Linking 12/4/2020

Cal Cohen.2358

@FalconRN.6219 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:Oh great you just made 150 WSR transfer again so another double full w/e link they chose inc again. An YB and DB is the biggest assemblage of bags in history. Hopefully they never get mag or 3.1 K/d ratio history will be made

as a YB player and comander. i feel sad about that, because this link will put us t3/t2 or even t1 because of the numbers (PPT), but we will need to put other metric for our K/D mayve we will hit 0,000001 hahha.

I'm going to make some predictions;DB/YB- T2/1Mag/DR- T3/2BG/ET- T1DH/BP- T2/3AR/FC- T1/2

@Jura.2170 said:Honestly why is Jade Quarry given a bad link again? We had Sorrow's Furnace for the last 2 months, and it was so empty, a lot of our people and guilds quit the game for that time

They won't come back if we keep getting empty servers for links

At least make Jade Quarry a link itself to a server with more players, or merge us with a T3/T2 server like Tarnished Coast

Is my server really that dead? Well, Sorrow's Furnace will always have at least me! At least until Alliances...

@"Jura.2170" said:Honestly why is Jade Quarry given a bad link again? We had Sorrow's Furnace for the last 2 months, and it was so empty, a lot of our people and guilds quit the game for that time

At least make Jade Quarry a link itself to a server with more players, or merge us with a T3/T2 server like Tarnished Coast

It's just based on activity numbers. There is no "good" or "bad" server in their metrics. If you weren't aware, JQ has pretty big SEA population so they are considered a pretty big server. That might be why you get linked with smaller servers.

@SWI.4127 said:If you weren't aware, JQ has pretty big SEA population

But a lot of our SEA players have already stopped playing. We had 2 months of an empty link server, Devona's Rest. We were stuck in tier 4. Then we got Sorrows Furnace and everyone in ODA and TPA quit. HzH in NA quit too. And no one plays in EU time. Now JQ has another empty link, Kaineng. So it'll be stuck in tier 4 for 6 months at the end of the link, and more ppl will have quit

I hope you are proud of your stupidity you just ruined the Jade Sea server. There is no one left in WvW and the few leaders who were motivated have migrated. That's good for your business, isn't it? But not for the players. But it doesn't seem to bother you too much. Please be smart with your stupid world linking, count the number of players who play on WvW maps !

Funny how after the relinks the tiers are all unbalanced and the new servers need to climb up/down to a tier where it is more balanced. If in T3 you pwn every time (always +5 victory points) ... it can get boring at certain times.

On the other hand - I mentioned in previous threads: If they can't stop players from transfering ... it will make this only worse. With this system and 5 tiers in EU and them not wanting not merge servers (I can understand that ... people that played on ther server since release and never transferred might not want to merge to a different server with another name) they will have to announce some servers without a link.

Logically it would make sense if actually more people transferred there to keep it full. (And the queue time of course would allow it ... if they as only 1 server have to fill up the maps.) But then you have gem costs (no free transfers) which make it hard for people to transfer to there. And people that play for "pwning" that want to be strong. (Not liking a challenge without link.) That transfer away. To better farm with a stronger link. (It is all about rewards and farming.)

I noticed just yesterday a few hours at midnight EU time after reset in T3 when my link pwned much less other players were online. (Back then previous like still more enemies were online. And remember: This is still weekend not during week.) Pwning others is much easier for rewards - at least for WxP if you want to max there. While I like defending (it is more fun) even when the enemies are much stronger ... enemies do not give much Wxp if you kill the same ones repeatedly in a short time. Other than that the defense event I think does not drop WxP.

When you are the strongest server you can just decide to cap and let enemies recap (for WxP) at your own pleasure/pace.

I think ArenaNet stronly needs to balance a bit regarding WxP as well. Pips and tons of badges you can still get while defending when in a weak server. (If you gather all your people and farm some attackers.) The big style flipping and letting others recapture needs some more numbers. (I don't see any other real reason why people would transfer when all other stuff can be gained even at a weak server.)

@Dayra.7405 said:

@phreeak.1023 said:Seems WSR is dropping to empty tomorrow

Yeah, and Blacktide to full is my guess, such that they can continue their succesful domination, aeh balanced fights :)

Yeah WSR and his balanced fights. Bez loosing public vs public 2-3 times and then calling his 20-30 Friends vom Layz f.e, so its a balanced 40 vs 70 fight xD

We're already seeing the Server Stacking effect, which the new relinks bring and what the current system allows.Arborstone could be getting overcrowded like RoF and maybe elsewhere, so I wonder how bad the queues will be, which will force people to maybe transfer off in a few or a couple of weeks. At least we'll be playing Cyberpunk 2077 in 4 days though and most wvw guilds will be on a break soon.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@"phreeak.1023" said:Seems WSR is dropping to empty tomorrow

Yeah, and Blacktide to full is my guess, such that they can continue their succesful domination, aeh balanced fights :)

It is amazing how we can all see where and when will WSR bandwagon next.

Thought WSR was a "fight server"

I would rather call them wtj-Group (not server, as they leave WSR as fast as they overpopulate it), that uses a more prestigious name for themself :o

Removing tier 5 won't be a real solution to server stacking with current linking system. Just remove the relinkings and fix WvW so that people don't have to overstack to take T3 keeps. Its just weird that we have combinations of 2 full servers and 2 non full servers within weeks of every relinking.

What the current stacking by literally 75%+ of experienced players indicates is that WvW just isn't fun if you're on equal footing. Rightfully so because who wants to sit openfield hoping that enemy will voluntarily come out.

Here are 5 things that need to be done ASAP:

1. Remove relinkings and keep over amount of tiers so we can have population algorithm that actually works with total of players on that linking
  2. Nerf claim buff to ground to make keep and tower fights viable again. Also dueling and roaming scene would revive as 400 stats + 25% movement speed swinging from side to side makes any skill laddering meaningless
  3. Nerf superspeed potency so fights last a bit longer and aren't just 1 push fiesta. Separate ranged groups would have usefulness again. Another option is nerfing scrapper AoE superspeed to mantralike radius.
  4. Increase upgrade times of Keeps and Castles a lot so objectives hold some meaning and map state is more forgiving for attackers. Do note that the attackers bring also defenders something to do.
  5. Fix siege balance: siege hp and shield gens blocking siege fire. Its just stupid that defensive siege outside oils and cannons can't even buy time.

Now this does not make it so that stacked servers wouldn't win more, but more so that they can take objectives and win fights at enemy side much easier. Meaning they'd be bored and forced to separate to some extent. And more importantly normal servers would be able to enjoy the game against normal servers more.

if we had more maps (looking at DLC and EotM upgrade maybe?), triplelinks should be fine.

if not, unlinks for everyone with no exception would probably be better.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@"phreeak.1023" said:Seems WSR is dropping to empty tomorrow

It is amazing how we can all see where and when will WSR bandwagon next.

Thought WSR was a "fight server"they are, they just won't stay on a constant t5 server, since u cannot realistically out-ppt yourself off that in unlinked state. desolation tried, absurd to go over t4 even. just not enough ppl for that sh** without a link. maybe somehow ppt should be reforged, idk how that would be a thing tho. keeps should probs tick far higher and level slower, and give better rewards for just defending.

rumors say WSR guilds will all leave, yesterday we still had fights with a WSR zerg or blob even at blue border. was a fun threewaybrawl, and even the framedrops were not too big.after gw2mists, only like 24 ppl left WSR this MU sofar (stand: yesterday night), guess the farm for them is still good enough. generally high activity count currently here.

@Jura.2170 said:Honestly why is Jade Quarry given a bad link again? We had Sorrow's Furnace for the last 2 months, and it was so empty, a lot of our people and guilds quit the game for that time

Kaineng isn't empty! There is at least 40 of us across 4 WvW guilds.

We all just have jobs and basically only play reset and Saturday night.

@Jura.2170 said:

That's just it, TC isn't even a T3 server. We have almost no guilds, and no coverage. We aren't even full and got a small link. So, here we are winning our T2 match because the other 2 servers refuse to attack our borderland letting us PPT into oblivion, while we are outnumbered on most maps all day long. It's Monday and thanks to outnumbered pips am already done with tickets on 2 accts. Anet really needs to do a better job of linking, not allowing transfers and devising a scoring system that actually puts larger servers against each other, and not let them avoid ppt to hide in lower tiers.

1. Remove relinkings and
    keep over amount of tiers
    so we can have population algorithm that actually works with total of players on that linking@Strider Pj.2193 said:You dint need to ‘overstock’’ to take T3 keeps.

10 tiers would be a nightmare for groups that actually want to play.

If you actually want to ‘delink’ then delete the lower servers at the next relink and just make them a part of the server they went to.

Yea thats why I said to keep amount of tiers the same. Indeed, keeping all servers around is unfavorable for the system right now. One option is for example linking something like Gunnars Hold and Abaddons mouth permanently and call it like Abaddons Hold or Gunnars Mouth if they really care enough to treat the dead link servers the same. My opinion is that they should just delete the links, maybe give the players there 500 gems in case they're not happy with their host server and be done with it.