Fix deadeye

purple.6194

fix perm stealth keep hiding and porting.I know wvw is dead, the siege side of things is dead, roaming is dead, support is dead, hackers don't get banned, get it all out of the way not here to dispute any of it.The mount sniff bell, to indicate a stealth enemy may be in the area, is not the counterplay to a perm stealth deadeye. Nor is the static paint trap that can be removed instantlyIt isn't, there are so many things wrong with stealth in gw2 but lets just go one step at a time.Since I spotted some changes recently that resemble someone blowing the dust off the wvw shelf Here I am

@"purple.6194" said:fix perm stealth keep hiding and porting.I know wvw is dead, the siege side of things is dead, roaming is dead, support is dead, hackers don't get banned, get it all out of the way not here to dispute any of it.The mount sniff bell, to indicate a stealth enemy may be in the area, is not the counterplay to a perm stealth deadeye. Nor is the static paint trap that can be removed instantlyIt isn't, there are so many things wrong with stealth in gw2 but lets just go one step at a time.Since I spotted some changes recently that resemble someone blowing the dust off the wvw shelf Here I am

Show me a video proof where a Deadeye instantly removed the paint trap debuff.Ubi made the same allegation about a year ago. He never produced anything.

Warclaw sniff isn't supposed to ping stealthed targets

Punisher is a famous Desolation player that enjoys doing keep/tower loitering. To solo it if the occasion is there or to buy time for an insertion team to make it back. He will always cause a big chatter chaos in /t and there will be calls to report him as usual by players who don't understand the play at work they think they witnessed clearly. It only takes 2 players who know the con to flush him out while Preparation Portal is on CD or to kill him (portal is they void). When you feel mature to ask for help on how to foil the con, I'll gladly share tips in this prospective thread. But since we're Until then, since we're in a thread named "Fix deadeye", here's my honorary 'l2p scrub'.

Stealth needs significant reduction in WvW small scale roaming.

A build like deadeye designed around long range burst from stealth will need compensation for upcoming stealth nerfs, but stealth + mobility as a mechanic needs to be highly adjusted to make counterplay more fluid and less a swiss army knife solution to any problem.

@purple.6194 said:fix perm stealth keep hiding and porting.I know wvw is dead, the siege side of things is dead, roaming is dead, support is dead, hackers don't get banned, get it all out of the way not here to dispute any of it.The mount sniff bell, to indicate a stealth enemy may be in the area, is not the counterplay to a perm stealth deadeye. Nor is the static paint trap that can be removed instantlyIt isn't, there are so many things wrong with stealth in gw2 but lets just go one step at a time.Since I spotted some changes recently that resemble someone blowing the dust off the wvw shelf Here I am

Unfortunately anet is gong to ignore you because its fine for them as it is.

@Mikhael.2391 said:

@purple.6194 said:fix perm stealth keep hiding and porting.I know wvw is dead, the siege side of things is dead, roaming is dead, support is dead, hackers don't get banned, get it all out of the way not here to dispute any of it.The mount sniff bell, to
indicate
a stealth enemy may be in the area, is not the counterplay to a perm stealth deadeye. Nor is the static paint trap that can be removed instantlyIt isn't, there are so many things wrong with stealth in gw2 but lets just go one step at a time.Since I spotted some changes recently that resemble someone blowing the dust off the wvw shelf Here I am

Unfortunately anet is gong to ignore you because its fine for them as it is.

If they thought it was fine they wouldn't keep nerfing stuff.

If Mesmers did that, it would be fixed (read: destroyed), a long time ago, along with a ton of unnecessary nerfs not even related to the problem. :tongue:Anet loves Thieves, they'll never get nerfed. Just deal with it and use the skills available to you to reveal them. Like the mount one for exaple.

There should be a disclaimer at game purchase or before downloading f2p version stating....this game has stealth and teleports used by some characters and heavily used by the games rogue not unlike all mmo's. If u have a problem with the standard rogue archetype or the use of these mechanics, pls be advised to look elsewhere for ur gaming needs.Stealth and ports are in all mmo's and used heavily by all rogue's in all mmo's and their not going anywhere so my suggestion for all these whiny players complaining about those 2 mechanics to save the other players sanity and ur own and play a different game where these mechanics dont exist, which basically takes all mmo's of the list :).

@Veprovina.4876 said:If Mesmers did that, it would be fixed (read: destroyed), a long time ago, along with a ton of unnecessary nerfs not even related to the problem. :tongue:Anet loves Thieves, they'll never get nerfed. Just deal with it and use the skills available to you to reveal them. Like the mount one for exaple.

See my post above. Thieves literally just got a nerf, you can read the thread. If Anet deleted thief class there would still be posts here claiming someone hacked and got their thief back in the game and got away from someone with a reset.

@GenerationX.9178 said:I think thief should be deleted from the game. Most thieves spam dodge, stealth or port all day long not to mention most skills are instant.

That's reasonable, delete a class and playstyle a lot of other players enjoy cuz u dont......gw2 player mentality right here folks, no wonder it's dead:) prob a good thing it is really.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@GenerationX.9178 said:I think thief should be deleted from the game. Most thieves spam dodge, stealth or port all day long not to mention most skills are instant.

That's reasonable, delete a class and playstyle a lot of other players enjoy cuz u dont......gw2 player mentality right here folks, no wonder it's dead:) prob a good thing it is really.

I mianed thief d/d thief for long time. only reason was to counter play all other thieves because no other class could keep up with the speed,dodge and spam of the class. There are very few good thieves. tell you what tell me how you counter an instant cast, unblockable f1 on thief? or how do you dodge 3 shadow shots a thief spams on you? OHH wait you play thief so you can because you can spam dodges and instant ports !

@GenerationX.9178 said:

I mianed thief d/d thief for long time. only reason was to counter play all other thieves because no other class could keep up with the speed,dodge and spam of the class. There are very few good thieves. tell you what tell me how you counter an instant cast, unblockable f1 on thief? or how do you dodge 3 shadow shots a thief spams on you? OHH wait you play thief so you can because you can spam dodges and instant ports !

In all of that fantasy fight of yours, you didn't once mention what you would do. They hit you with 3 shadow shots and you do nothing back? Other classes can "spam dodges" just as much as thieves and be just as out of dodges, daredevil gets an extra dodge, because it's an elite spec feature. Other classes have ports....what are you on about? That unblockable swipe was chopped down to 600 range. You didn't counter play other thieves by the way, or you'd still be playing your thief if you ever did.

@kash.9213 said:

In all of that fantasy fight of yours, you didn't once mention what you would do. They hit you with 3 shadow shots and you do nothing back? Other classes can "spam dodges" just as much as thieves and be just as out of dodges, daredevil gets an extra dodge, because it's an elite spec feature. Other classes have ports....what are you on about? That unblockable swipe was chopped down to 600 range. You didn't counter play other thieves by the way, or you'd still be playing your thief if you ever did.

He played it back in 2018 and posted about how hard it was to play thief and how he didn't want to keeping playing it because he didn't want to "spam 3" and was being countered by a lot of other professions.

Not sure what he plays now. I agree with you but I don't think there's a need to take people like this seriously. It's not a serious suggestion after all.

@"kash.9213" said:You'd have to fix Daredevil and Core also though. Poor Deadeye needs their icon changed so they don't look soo scary.

They cant fix stealth due how netcode works arround it, while doing psome gameplay with friends on same lan(as in we were watching each other screens) we notice that when the thief was revealed or unstealthed, it would keep stealthed on mine for a few seconds more (theres a delay in the stealth info from the atacker and whoi has to render the atacker out of stealth) and thus giving the impression of low reaveal uptime, with more stealthy perma builds was actually a pain to duel.The more laggy the server/ map is the worse the effect is, in blobs blasting stealth and push over and over is painfull cause game becomes a mess of daamage first than evertything can happens and enemy will continue stealthed hitting the enemy for the next 2-3sec w/o reveal.

Anet wont fix that cause if they touch the netcode they m8 break the game.

Maybe one way to kinda reduce the "perma stealth visual effect" would be remove stealth blasts to something else, and remove stealth from scrappers. :)Get mesmers or thiefs if u want stealth :P

Note: this would kinda balance out the meta classes have the all that is needed wich is 3-4 classes for the gamemode, and would make other classes being used as well,.

If I get beaten because i sucked, its ok. (most common.)If I get beaten when i managed to play well for a change but my opponent played even better its ok.If I get beaten because of my opponent played a spec that happened to overperform during that particular time period, its ok because nerfs and buffs come and go.If i get beaten by ridiculously broken stupid class mechanics that shouldn't have never been there at the first place, it makes me think moving on to a better game.

@hammu.1752 said:If I get beaten because i sucked, its ok. (most common.)If I get beaten when i managed to play well for a change but my opponent played even better its ok.If I get beaten because of my opponent played a spec that happened to overperform during that particular time period, its ok because nerfs and buffs come and go.If i get beaten by ridiculously broken stupid class mechanics that shouldn't have never been there at the first place, it makes me think moving on to a better game.

Than I suggest dropping mmo's all together as all of them have teleport and invisiblity and all of them are a main component of the rogue's playstyle. Good news though is theres tons of amazing non mmo games out there with neither.

@purple.6194 said:fix perm stealth keep hiding and porting.I know wvw is dead, the siege side of things is dead, roaming is dead, support is dead, hackers don't get banned, get it all out of the way not here to dispute any of it.The mount sniff bell, to indicate a stealth enemy may be in the area, is not the counterplay to a perm stealth deadeye. Nor is the static paint trap that can be removed instantlyIt isn't, there are so many things wrong with stealth in gw2 but lets just go one step at a time.Since I spotted some changes recently that resemble someone blowing the dust off the wvw shelf Here I am

No, no, I am sorry, you do not understand, the real question is

Alliances When!?!?

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@"kash.9213" said:You'd have to fix Daredevil and Core also though. Poor Deadeye needs their icon changed so they don't look soo scary.

They cant fix stealth due how netcode works arround it, while doing psome gameplay with friends on same lan(as in we were watching each other screens) we notice that when the thief was revealed or unstealthed, it would keep stealthed on mine for a few seconds more (theres a delay in the stealth info from the atacker and whoi has to render the atacker out of stealth) and thus giving the impression of low reaveal uptime, with more stealthy perma builds was actually a pain to duel.The more laggy the server/ map is the worse the effect is, in blobs blasting stealth and push over and over is painfull cause game becomes a mess of daamage first than evertything can happens and enemy will continue stealthed hitting the enemy for the next 2-3sec w/o reveal.

Anet wont fix that cause if they touch the netcode they m8 break the game.

Maybe one way to kinda reduce the "perma stealth visual effect" would be remove stealth blasts to something else, and remove stealth from scrappers. :)Get mesmers or thiefs if u want stealth :P

Note: this would kinda balance out the meta classes have the all that is needed wich is 3-4 classes for the gamemode, and would make other classes being used as well,.

At the risk of making things more convoluted they could try to give stealth a proximity filter where once you're within a radius for like 4 seconds of an enemy you gain Revealed buff for like 4 seconds that you can make use of and get increasingly revealed visually and can be targeted. Continuing to stealth for Stealth Attack in that radius could still keep you partially visible and you would have to get out of that radius again to go full stealth visually.

What I meant to the OP though is that All of the thief spec options will likely be the same problem for OP.