A.E.D. cast time

schloumou.3982

So since Turret got nerfed repeatedly and now i even have to wait a second before it actually overloads, it's at a point where i, despite beeing a fan of combo fields, have to switch. I ran traited A.E.D. for some hours now and it is to slow in my opinion. It gets rupted to often and even burn ticks wreck me faster, than it activates sometimes. Shouldn't be the counterplay to this heal, to cease fire while active. I think even without any cast time it's ez to outplay.

I've been using aed quite a bit in the past month or two, and I really had to adjust my way of thinking to use it. I had to pretend it wasn't a heal and more like a pre-emptively casted block (sounds strange but that's how I went about it). It's a death knell if aed get interrupted due to the nature of when you are supposed to use the heal so I try to get it off with some stab or whatever else I got. What kind of changes could they do for it?

I think AED is actually one of the best heals in the game once you get to using it right. It works very well if you run other gadgets, as they are all cc/mobility.I usually run AED with personal battering ram, as you can launch your target and then heal safely.However, if you play it in PvP/WvW and don't want to take another gadget for some reason (rocket boots is amazing), then the tool belt skill Static Shock is a 2 second stun that should give you more than enough time to aed and maybe even blast some mortar kit water field.Also, use AED while at a higher hp% when fighting against condi, as their damage starts up slow and builds up, and you might not have the time to cast it later.

That's because AED isn't supposed to be used as a pinch heal, but a pre-emptive heal.The intended usage is to get a feel for when yu might be taking the fat damage, and the pop it before hand before it happens.

I use AED alot when I face down things which I know are gonna slap alot of damage in my face, like Trap DHs or Condi bombs from Mirages.By rule of thumb, I just slap it on when I have around 10k hp, because even if it times out, it won't be a huge heal waste if I press the aggression and intentionally "trade health for pressure"

It's also extremely powerful in PvE.The only reason its not super used in the past is because it's okay-ish when untraited and Heal Turret Blast Combo used to heal way more.

@"Yasai.3549" said:That's because AED isn't supposed to be used as a pinch heal, but a pre-emptive heal.The intended usage is to get a feel for when yu might be taking the fat damage, and the pop it before hand before it happens.

I use AED alot when I face down things which I know are gonna slap alot of damage in my face, like Trap DHs or Condi bombs from Mirages.By rule of thumb, I just slap it on when I have around 10k hp, because even if it times out, it won't be a huge heal waste if I press the aggression and intentionally "trade health for pressure"

It's also extremely powerful in PvE.The only reason its not super used in the past is because it's okay-ish when untraited and Heal Turret Blast Combo used to heal way more.

AED is the only way to try to build without alchemy imho but i feel the need of alchemy in any case

@EUmad.7645 said:

AED is the only way to try to build without alchemy imho but i feel the need of alchemy in any case

Alchemy is just too good.Ignoring the traits selected, yu will get :

• Free Boons just from dipping below 75% HP
  • Free CONVERSION just from taking in 3 Condis
  • Healing on Incoming Boons, no matter the source

And can be further traited to fit all sorts of situations and builds.

It's simply irreplacable due to how good it is, and even if yu are running AED, Alchemy is still too good to drop due to how good it is.

I agree, but I still try to do without alchemy just to be different/see if I can hehehe. It's like the same thing I tried doing with thief, I tried to make no trickery builds but they need a do over since sbow with no trickery wouldn't be advisable. I also try do that with warrior and no discipline. In any case I did end up with my own fun inv/tool/scrap build that I use from time to time, I don't think the balance patch affected it.

@"Yasai.3549" said:That's because AED isn't supposed to be used as a pinch heal, but a pre-emptive heal.The intended usage is to get a feel for when yu might be taking the fat damage, and the pop it before hand before it happens.

Aye, i allways forget to mention that i talk about PvP/WvW only. I know how it's supposed to work and from that point comes my problem. Seeing some people using it the way you do, like hitting it at at half life or so, when enemy burst is up, brought them even more problems because they usually shouldn't get over 10k dmg in 8 seconds when they don't make mayor mistakes, which leaves them at medium/low HP and A.E.D on full Cd. I think if you compare it to Rev heal it's way clunkier to use. Imho the cast time should be minimal to at least guarantee you those 8/5 seconds to pressure your fow when you are on like 20%/15% or find some traps/fields to run into. The large tell and cast has a bigger impact on this heal because you basically get only one chance to use it like DemonSeed said.

A reduction in cast time would actually be nice, it'd push the limit of when I can more than likely bait out the enemies burst by luring them with low hp. What if it was at 1/2 instead of 3/4? That is still interruptable and it goes on cd if you are too early anyway. Or what if something else was tacked on there besides the small heal if you didn't get hit? The danger with aed is that you count on the enemy to hit, and to hit you, which is why it's so do or die because what you are left with when you need to use it is so low that you most likely won't recover the aftermath if aed doesn't go off. It's a heal that requires active steps and your enemy to dance with you. I actually really love this heal and people think you are crazy for using it hehe but I can't help it. (At least with glint heal on herald, if my heal doesn't go off I can swap legends and use another heal provided I have enough energy). I'm also using aed from wvw perspective.