Elite Specialization Discussion - End of Dragons

DanielPienaar.8094

what the point do prediction that may be, and I hope, instesd uselss new elite sp. we will get some interesting ?why, like some magic poison effect, people think that el. spek will come ?whrere is no any anonce that and where inclused in EoD. Why ppl sure taht Elite. sp wiil come?proof plz

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"lare.5129" said:what the point do prediction that may be, and I hope, instesd uselss new elite sp. we will get some interesting ?why, like some magic poison effect, people think that el. spek will come ?whrere is no any anonce that and where inclused in EoD. Why ppl sure taht Elite. sp wiil come?proof plz

https://clips.twitch.tv/AdventurousFrailHorseradishMau5

During the Extra Life Twitch stream, Robert Gee from the skills/balance/systems team stated they are currently working on the elite specs.

@Opopanax.1803 said:

@Delita Silverburg.8632 said:We need a unarmed/clawed monk profession imo.Maybe warrior gets another melee specialization that uses dual Foci as fist weapons.Imagine punching people while dual-wielding Binding of Ipos!

Dual Shields!!

I know this is probably a joke, but I've heard the dual shield thing crop up a few times, usually in a single line like this.

I've never understood how you could make a dual shield look good, or have good animations.

If you want this, could you explain why?

Not a joke at all. Dual Shields is nothing new to combat. You can use them like Cestus/boxing gloves like Captain America in Avengers: Infinity War. The great thing is, Warriors current Shield skills already has an offensive and defensive abilities. If Warrior had a shield in the main hand too, they'll be a quick close combatant with extra armor from having 2 shields.

@VocalThought.9835 said:

@Delita Silverburg.8632 said:We need a unarmed/clawed monk profession imo.Maybe warrior gets another melee specialization that uses dual Foci as fist weapons.Imagine punching people while dual-wielding Binding of Ipos!

Dual Shields!!

I know this is probably a joke, but I've heard the dual shield thing crop up a few times, usually in a single line like this.

I've never understood how you could make a dual shield look good, or have good animations.

Not a joke at all. Dual Shields is nothing new to combat. You can use them like Cestus/boxing gloves like Captain America in Avengers: Infinity War. The great thing is, Warriors current Shield skills already has an offensive and defensive abilities. If Warrior had a shield in the main hand too, they'll be a quick close combatant with extra armor from having 2 shields.

I may have to watch infinity war again. I remember him sqinging his shield around with both hands lime a weapon, but not swinging two shields.

From an aesthetic viewpoint, I would rather have a 2h shield with 5 skills, if i had to have a shield themed weapon.

@Opopanax.1803 said:

@"Delita Silverburg.8632" said:We need a unarmed/clawed monk profession imo.Maybe warrior gets another melee specialization that uses dual Foci as fist weapons.Imagine punching people while dual-wielding Binding of Ipos!

Dual Shields!!

I may have to watch infinity war again. I remember him sqinging his shield around with both hands lime a weapon, but not swinging two shields.

From an aesthetic viewpoint, I would rather have a 2h shield with 5 skills, if i had to have a shield themed weapon.

You don't recall Black Panther saying, "Get this man a Shield", and they gave him two black claw shields? I think it'll be easier to use a shield in a main hand then create a two-handed tower shield, unless you just want the same shields and just give them 5 skills, like the Elementalist's conjure Earth Shield.

Plus, why create a new weapon when they can simply create 3 new skills and put shield in the main hand?

If you never seen people fight with dual shields, just do a Google Search. It's not that far fetched.

@VocalThought.9835 said:

@"Delita Silverburg.8632" said:We need a unarmed/clawed monk profession imo.Maybe warrior gets another melee specialization that uses dual Foci as fist weapons.Imagine punching people while dual-wielding Binding of Ipos!

Dual Shields!!

You don't recall Black Panther saying, "Get this man a Shield", and they gave him two black claw shields? I think it'll be easier to use a shield in a main hand then create a two-handed tower shield, unless you just want the same shields and just give them 5 skills, like the Elementalist's conjure Earth Shield.

Plus, why create a new weapon when they can simply create 3 new skills and put shield in the main hand?

I think my main reason is that when I think of most of the shield models, I dont see them the right side for any sort of Dual Weilding... but I guess that is just me.

Hmm some predictions, based on weapons and skills received / missing from professions in previous expansions:Guardian:Either Dagger main (and offhand )like Warrior did in PoF or offhand Warhorn.Type: Melee Bruiser Daggers / Commander like with a Warhorn.Skill: StanceRevenant:Daggers main (and offhand), Scepter or Greatsword.Type: Melee Bruiser with Daggers / Greatsword or Ranged Caster with Scepter.Skill: Legendary AspectWarrior:Short Bow or Staff, possibly main and offhand Pistols.Type: Ranged Direct DPS with Short Bow / Pistols or Melee Evasive attacks with Staff.Skill: Either Cantrip or Trap for Ranged, Deception or Mantra for StaffEngineer:Main or offhand Mace, possibly Torch.Type: Melee Bruiser or Ranged UtilitySkill: PhysicalRanger:Hammer or RifleType: Melee Heavy Direct Damage or Ranged DPS both Beastmaster Focussed.Skill: Physical Hammer or Shouts RifleThief:Mace or Greatsword, possibly ScepterType: Melee Bruiser or Caster RangedSkill: Mace and Greatsword Stance, Glyphs ScepterElementalist:Long or Short bow, possibly HammerType: Ranged Caster big Single Target DPS in all 3 cases.Skill: Wells for AoEMesmer:Long or Short bowType: Ranged Direct DPSSkill: CantripNecromancer:Mace,Pistol or Sword mainhandType: Control / Corrupter Melee or RangedSkill: Cantrip, Deception or Stance

@Opopanax.1803 said:

Dual Shields!!

There is a Martial Arts style the uses two shields. I can't find a reference right now, but I've seen it. Think of it as more like very large metal boxing gloves attacking the the edge of the shield.

Frankly for me a demon-hunter (like wow) warrior would do it. More magically inclined, dedicated individuals battling the Oni and Kanaxai's remaining demons that are now probably outside of the Jade Sea. Focus could work and scepter maybe as well, but Im still trying to figure out the perfect spot between a warrior and necro/mallyx-like abilities.

So awarrior that can counter basically stealthy enemies, fast targets, whereas berserker counters high health pools/high defense enemies (overwhelming dps) and spellbreaker is meant to be the anti-scholar class. So a warrior that will counter rangers/engis/thiefs could work out well.

As for the name a clishe DEMONSLAYER

anet pls Greataxe weapon :pSomething random but the Abyss Stalker outfit rly reminds me of the Kanaxai concept art huh.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Dual Shields!!

There is a Martial Arts style the uses two shields. I can't find a reference right now, but I've seen it. Think of it as more like very large metal boxing gloves attacking the the edge of the shield.

I could see small buckler style shields for something like that.

The problem is that most shields in game right now just seem too big for that to look good, imo.

@Opopanax.1803 said:

Dual Shields!!

The problem is that most shields in game right now just seem too big for that to look good, imo.

Gate of Goodbyes says hai2you!

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Dual Shields!!

Could you imagine dual weilding 2 tower shields? Lol!

@Opopanax.1803 said:The problem is that most shields in game right now just seem too big for that to look good, imo.And we also have many one-handed sword that look far too big for one-handed swords.There even are Greatswords that look far too big to be reasonable as weapons.The size of shields shouldn't be a factor, when it isn't a factor for other weapon categories either.

@Opopanax.1803 said:Could you imagine dual weilding 2 tower shields? Lol!At least I, and probably many other Dark Souls 2 players, can imagine it.You might want to look up Sellsword Luet.

@Opopanax.1803 said:

Dual Shields!!

Could you imagine dual weilding 2 tower shields? Lol!

In dumb brute voice imma door.

@Opopanax.1803 said:

Dual Shields!!

Pretty much this. People in real battles used weapon and shield, not shield and shield, for a reason. Particularly since a one-handed sword with a good guard, if used well, can protect a surprisingly large area without blocking the wielder's vision (an often overlooked problem with large shields among people who haven't actually trained with one). A one-handed sword with a good guard combined with a good-sized shield is probably the best combination you can get. Two shields... is better than a shield and a bare hand, to be sure, but risk blocking off too much of your vision and allowing the enemy to strike somewhere that isn't blocked by the shield because you can't see the blow coming.

I've seen the Dark Souls dual tower shield thing. Now imagine, when the wielder does that dual plant move, the attacker just angles a sword or spear to stab down over the top of the shield. Or sidesteps and stabs the dual shield wielder in the back. In the 3rd-person-view of the game, this isn't a problem, but if it was a realistic first-person-view, what you should have on the screen when using that move is the backs of your shields and maybe a bit of sky at the top. Unless your Toph from Avatar, you have no idea what your enemy is doing. Now, if you have friends, you can form a line of shields... but if you have friends, you can do that with one shield apiece, and in your other hand you can have a spear or a sword... good for, y'know, stabbing over the top of the enemy's shield line.

The only 'dual shields' I could see actually being practical would be, essentially, weaponised bucklers. Take a pair of bucklers and add blades to them, or just sharpen the edges to make a blade. You wouldn't have the reach of a sword (which is probably why, historically, bucklers were usually paired with a thin-bladed sword like a rapier or smallsword, rather than doing this), but you'd have a pair of reasonably portable weaponised bucklers that you could defend yourself with if attacked while maintaining a means of disabling your attacker. However, the end result of that would be something like the Claw of the Khan-Ur, Guild Wars 1 split chakrams, or wind and fire wheels with additional hand protection, and would probably therefore be counted as daggers.

@draxynnic.3719 said:

Dual Shields!!

Pretty much this. People in real battles used weapon and shield, not shield and shield, for a reason. Particularly since a one-handed sword with a good guard, if used well, can protect a surprisingly large area without blocking the wielder's vision (an often overlooked problem with large shields among people who haven't actually trained with one). A one-handed sword with a good guard combined with a good-sized shield is probably the best combination you can get. Two shields... is better than a shield and a bare hand, to be sure, but risk blocking off too much of your vision and allowing the enemy to strike somewhere that isn't blocked by the shield because you can't see the blow coming.

I've seen the Dark Souls dual tower shield thing. Now imagine, when the wielder does that dual plant move, the attacker just angles a sword or spear to stab down over the top of the shield. Or sidesteps and stabs the dual shield wielder in the back. In the 3rd-person-view of the game, this isn't a problem, but if it was a realistic first-person-view, what you should have on the screen when using that move is the backs of your shields and maybe a bit of sky at the top. Unless your Toph from Avatar, you have no idea what your enemy is doing. Now, if you have friends, you can form a line of shields... but if you have friends, you can do that with one shield apiece, and in your other hand you can have a spear or a sword... good for, y'know, stabbing over the top of the enemy's shield line.

The only 'dual shields' I could see actually being practical would be, essentially, weaponised bucklers. Take a pair of bucklers and add blades to them, or just sharpen the edges to make a blade. You wouldn't have the reach of a sword (which is probably why, historically, bucklers were usually paired with a thin-bladed sword like a rapier or smallsword, rather than doing this), but you'd have a pair of reasonably portable weaponised bucklers that you could defend yourself with if attacked while maintaining a means of disabling your attacker. However, the end result of that would be something like the Claw of the Khan-Ur, Guild Wars 1 split chakrams, or wind and fire wheels with additional hand protection, and would probably therefore be counted as
daggers.

Dual Shield has the same energy as dual Scepter.Doesn't fit GW worlds

@JohnWater.5760 said:

Dual Shields!!

The only 'dual shields' I could see actually being practical would be, essentially, weaponised bucklers. Take a pair of bucklers and add blades to them, or just sharpen the edges to make a blade. You wouldn't have the reach of a sword (which is probably why, historically, bucklers were usually paired with a thin-bladed sword like a rapier or smallsword, rather than doing this), but you'd have a pair of reasonably portable weaponised bucklers that you could defend yourself with if attacked while maintaining a means of disabling your attacker. However, the end result of that would be something like the Claw of the Khan-Ur, Guild Wars 1 split chakrams, or wind and fire wheels with additional hand protection, and would probably therefore be counted as
daggers.

Dual scepter works better, IMO, but for three out of four professions you can get a similar effect with scepter/torch. Scepter/mace would probably also work, but none of the scepter professions currently have access to offhand mace.

(For the record, none of this is to say that I support dual scepter, it's just... less bad than dual swords. And there is at least one NPC who goes dual scepter.)

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Opopanax.1803 said:The problem is that most shields in game right now just seem too big for that to look good, imo.And we also have many one-handed sword that look far too big for one-handed swords.There even are Greatswords that look far too big to be reasonable as weapons.The size of shields shouldn't be a factor, when it isn't a factor for other weapon categories either.

@Opopanax.1803 said:Could you imagine dual weilding 2 tower shields? Lol!At least
I,
and probably many other Dark Souls 2 players, can imagine it.You might want to look up Sellsword Luet.

This is why I almost always use Honor of Humanity for 1H sword models.

@JohnWater.5760 said:

Dual Shields!!

daggers.

This is the exact same argument people gave for mounts.

@draxynnic.3719 said:

Dual Shields!!

daggers.

I think the difference in fighting in battle with a weapon has to do with training. On average, a person with a Sword fighting a person with a Shield, the guy with a sword would win, but a train man with dual shield would win.

I think the biggest problem is that, because some of you never seen it, can't see it. Fighting with two shields is not a new concept.

I've seen it. I've also seen some very detailed analyses of it.

One large shield is good. Two large shields tend to get in the way of attacking with either, and give you a large blind zone around you that makes it hard to defend yourself. Like I said, a lot of people who haven't trained in fighting with a large shield underestimate how much of a blind spot it can create, especially if you raise it to defend your head. With sword and shield, you can adopt a stance where the sword defends your head until you use it to strike. With two shields, you can't effectively adopt that stance (it relies on using the length of the blade to protect your head when your hand is above and behind your head).

With equal skill, I wouldn't bet on someone with two shields against someone with sword and shield. I don't think I'd even bet on someone with two shields against someone with a sword alone. It might be a long fight, but the sword offers longer reach, greater agility, and a more potentially damaging attack - sooner or later the guy with a sword will find an opening or a blind spot to get a thrust in.

Sure, if you've got one guy who's trained for twenty years with dual shields and another guy who's just picked up a sword for the first time, the guy with two shields could win. But like a lot of exotic weapon combinations, it's one of those situations where the guy who spends the same amount of time training with a conventional set of weapons is still going to be ahead.