People botting in WvW

Xisgun.3687

Since a week ago, I've been seeing a lot of dragonbrand users mostly, using BOTS. Teleporting between sentries or to get closer to the rival to apply their combos, I have also noticed the use of macros and scripts in these combos.Most of these bot use classes such as. Scourge minionmaster and scraper flame tower. I've also seen soulbeast boom power.

Anyway, the problem is not that they are difficult to kill, the real problem is their mobility on the map. It makes it difficult to upgrade fortresses and towers, and it is ruining the gaming experience.

We really need an answer for this.Users don't let this post die, we need Anet to advertise for this.

From already thank you very much.

• Like 1

@"Xisgun.3687" said:Since a week ago, I've been seeing a lot of dragonbrand users mostly, using BOTS. Teleporting between sentries or to get closer to the rival to apply their combos, I have also noticed the use of macros and scripts in these combos.Most of these bot use classes such as. Scourge minionmaster and scraper flame tower. I've also seen soulbeast boom power.

Anyway, the problem is not that they are difficult to kill, the real problem is their mobility on the map. It makes it difficult to upgrade fortresses and towers, and it is ruining the gaming experience.

We really need an answer for this.Users don't let this post die, we need Anet to advertise for this.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010187753-Reporting-a-Player-or-Guild

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"Xisgun.3687" said:Since a week ago, I've been seeing a lot of dragonbrand users mostly, using BOTS. Teleporting between sentries or to get closer to the rival to apply their combos, I have also noticed the use of macros and scripts in these combos.Most of these bot use classes such as. Scourge minionmaster and scraper flame tower. I've also seen soulbeast boom power.

All that is done. this post is my last chance.

@Xisgun.3687 said:

@Xisgun.3687 said:Since a week ago, I've been seeing a lot of dragonbrand users mostly, using BOTS. Teleporting between sentries or to get closer to the rival to apply their combos, I have also noticed the use of macros and scripts in these combos.Most of these bot use classes such as. Scourge minionmaster and scraper flame tower. I've also seen soulbeast boom power.

All that is done. this post is my last chance.

Just gotta wait. Forum posts for this won't expedite results.

@"XerMeLL.6042" said:well, i saw also a Blackgate Warrior in EBG that has stealth. and 4 engineers in McLain's Camp in Red BL.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stealth

Warrior

Engineer

...I'm kinda thinking you aren't too familiar with the game, or newer to wvw, is that a correct assumption?

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"XerMeLL.6042" said:well, i saw also a Blackgate Warrior in EBG that has stealth. and 4 engineers in McLain's Camp in Red BL.

Warrior

Engineer

...I'm kinda thinking you aren't too familiar with the game, or newer to wvw, is that a correct assumption?

No you dont get it. He saw 4 engineers in McLains.
Four
. Thats statistically impossible outside a zerg. You never see 4 engineers at once like that!!! If there was 4 engineers there, they where clearly hacking.

@Swagger.1459 said:

Warrior

Engineer

The warrior i fought 1v1 is in the Panglos Camp and we are dueling alone, then when he is about to die he stealth and i saw him on the bridge. and no i didn't lag. he vanished again came back to me like a thief. and no we dont have anyone with us.

Those 4 engineers have no guild, no food, no utilities, they took a camp in mclain, ride the mount and gone, on an instant theyre on the sentry. i was on the middle of sentry and mclain watching them. and it happened three times because i took the camp and the said sentry twice.

The warrior i fought 1v1 is in the Panglos Camp and we are dueling alone, then when he is about to die he stealth and i saw him on the bridge. and no i didn't lag. he vanished again came back to me like a thief. and no we dont have anyone with us.Snow Leopard (norn race elite skill) can apply stealth to any class and is extremely mobile.

@"XerMeLL.6042" said:The warrior i fought 1v1 is in the Panglos Camp and we are dueling alone, then when he is about to die he stealth and i saw him on the bridge. and no i didn't lag. he vanished again came back to me like a thief. and no we dont have anyone with us.

This isn't to say what you are saying isn't true, but here's an example of the Norn elite snow leopard being used which could explain it as an alternative?

At the time I didn't notice this so it was unexpected (about 10-15s in is where you see the ele, and then it change). However, I have had warriors use it occasionally in the past - both to escape and to attack.

Could this explain what you've seen?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Become_the_Snow_Leopard(using 5 then maybe 4, so prowl then maybe dash to run in your case. In this case I think 5 for stealth then straight out of the form to channel + teleport the churning earth that hits for 12k - giving a very sizeable stealth opener. They've obviously practiced this a fair amount and enjoy it).

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Warrior

Engineer

Four
. Thats statistically impossible outside a zerg. You never see 4 engineers at once like that!!! If there was 4 engineers there, they where clearly hacking.

Maybe a sign of the apocalypse?

@Chips.7968 said:

@"XerMeLL.6042" said:The warrior i fought 1v1 is in the Panglos Camp and we are dueling alone, then when he is about to die he stealth and i saw him on the bridge. and no i didn't lag. he vanished again came back to me like a thief. and no we dont have anyone with us.

This isn't to say what you are saying isn't true, but here's an example of the Norn elite snow leopard being used which could explain it as an alternative?

At the time I didn't
notice
this so it was unexpected (about 10-15s in is where you see the ele, and then it change). However, I have had warriors use it occasionally in the past - both to escape and to attack.

Could this explain what you've seen?

(using 5 then maybe 4, so prowl then maybe dash to run in your case. In this case I think 5 for stealth then straight out of the form to channel + teleport the churning earth that hits for 12k - giving a very sizeable stealth opener. They've obviously practiced this a fair amount and enjoy it).

The warrior i fought 1v1 is in the Panglos Camp and we are dueling alone, then when he is about to die he stealth and i saw him on the bridge. and no i didn't lag. he vanished again came back to me like a thief. and no we dont have anyone with us.Snow Leopard (norn race elite skill) can apply stealth to any class and is extremely mobile.

Hello sir, the Warrior im fighting is an Asura, and i know the utilities he used and he is a shoutbreaker with GS + A/A. It took me awhile to realized what has happened because I used to main warrior and im a warrior only class (until 3 weeks ago i switch to ranger) but i didn't get how he do that, we are on panglos 1v1, then when he is about 10% he VANISHED (i lost my target) and after 2 sec i saw him on the bridge near sentry then he seems to blink again(he vanished) and I thought somebody else was attacking me but he is that Asuran Warrior. No one is with us during that time.

The only possible way im thinking is he Logged Out and Logged In, but thats too fast for that.

@Swagger.1459 said:

Warrior

Engineer

Four

Maybe a sign of the apocalypse?The apocalypse is 6 engineers at once, we're safe.

As to the above, sounds like he was using the 25% stealth runes, used every leap he had followed by porting OOC.

@Xisgun.3687 said:Since a week ago, I've been seeing a lot of dragonbrand users mostly, using BOTS. Teleporting between sentries or to get closer to the rival to apply their combos, I have also noticed the use of macros and scripts in these combos.Most of these bot use classes such as. Scourge minionmaster and scraper flame tower. I've also seen soulbeast boom power.

Just yesterday i had one of those in my party, but i guess unless they do any sort of hacking is very difficult to separate bots from real bad players.Luckily the soulbeast bots are pretty bad, because there is not combo wombo that can works and keep them alive.

Still this is not good, WvW has very limited spaces and those bots are stealing the limited spots from actual players.

I don't know about whether specific players are botting or not, but I did see a number of engineers in the previous matchup that were clearly teleport hacking. This replaces the burn guard who was teleport hacking (but far more obviously) in even earlier matchups.

They would die and come back almost instantly. They actually wouldn't always directly teleport into a camp, but they would come back from the wrong direction and way too quickly not to be hacking.

For example, in NWC in Alpine BL (home BL for me) I killed this engi and a short time later he came from the north side of the map (first went to NWT Sentry and then came to camp. This was within 1 or 2 minutes after I'd just killed him (again this was my BL so he shouldn't have been able to come from the north that quickly).

Pretty sure on those days when he was running (probably a bot) I killed him and his clones (two other engine running same build and sometimes appearing with him) 20-30 times. Not good, clearly hacking, but easy kills at least.

@Swagger.1459 said:

Warrior

Engineer

Four

since we're at this yet, does engi have any option to make himself "invulnerable" at downstate? i looked but i found none. played scrapper and holo for some time, but i never saw this before.

we had a scrapper yesterday at SM, who would just go for 3seconds or more invuln (actually, till his buddyzerg came). in downed state, at 38% health. no rune or skilltrait i know of any glass gives that. he even got the blue [Determined] marker, similar to that u get at spawn.

coulda use a hack to set his location to spawn or so? i cannot tell if anyone reported it, was on a glass character and got ganked after try to bomb is last few health away lol. also still not sure if that was legit, i think not.

@XerMeLL.6042 said:then when he is about 10% he VANISHED (i lost my target) and after 2 sec i saw him on the bridge near sentry then he seems to blink again(he vanished) and I thought somebody else was attacking me but he is that Asuran Warrior. No one is with us during that time.

That does sound just like someone teleporting around alright. They do exist, someone put a video of (was it a condi rev) in SM doing it when in down state so could safely self res and then teleport back to fight.

Should probably try to separate between botting and hacking.

Over the lag like 5 years or whatever I've been playing, I have seen 1 proper bot. Found it like a month ago, it even beats some players....

Also found a mesmer using an interrupt bot for mantra of distraction, was kinda funny to see.

Seen actual haxkinf like twice, one guy just flew around in the air pewpewing, still somehow died. The other one just teleported across the map at incredible speeds, no idea what it's goal was tho.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

Warrior

Engineer

Four

since we're at this yet, does engi have any option to make himself "invulnerable" at downstate? i looked but i found none. played scrapper and holo for some time, but i never saw this before.

we had a scrapper yesterday at SM, who would just go for 3seconds or more invuln (actually, till his buddyzerg came). in downed state, at 38% health. no rune or skilltrait i know of any glass gives that. he even got the blue [Determined] marker, similar to that u get at spawn.

coulda use a hack to set his location to spawn or so? i cannot tell if anyone reported it, was on a glass character and got ganked after try to bomb is last few health away lol. also still not sure if that was legit, i think not.

People cheat. Human nature. Report in-game and email support with specifics. Forums won’t help in these cases. Anet doesn’t want this stuff posted on the forums.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010187753-Reporting-a-Player-or-Guild

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reporting

“Exploits are misuses of bugs or features in a way that allows players to gain an unfair gameplay advantage over other players. Hacking refers to using altered game clients or third-party programs for such purposes. This includes misuses that allow a player to generate in-game benefits without the risk or time expected by the game's designers. Exploiting and hacking are serious violations of the Rules of Conduct.

Information regarding exploits or hacks should not be posted or advertised in a public location, including the Guild Wars 2 forums. Doing so is a violation of the Rules of Conduct. Instead, the following channels should be used to report exploits:

Players found to be exploiting should be reported using the in-game Player Conduct Report tool. While exploiting, cheating, and hacking are not available reasons in the tool, the Support Team has indicated that "Botting" is the correct choice to use.

For general reports, use the in-game Bug Report tool, which can be accessed by typing /bug into chat or by opening the game menu and selecting "Support". This will send the information to QA.You can also submit a Support Ticket; select the dropdown options for "Game Support" and "Report an In-Game Bug".

There is an option to "submit your ticket anonymously" for additional privacy. This option does not require you to log into your ArenaNet account.”

Hello Again, so you mean to tell me that i should have reported it via email? because i reported him in the in game right click, report -> botting, i thought this would work.

And when i suspect some of my ally is cheating specially in roaming when the speed is too much or instant blink to sentry from camp, i then say "Hi" and if he ignores/dont reply i insta report bot.

@"XerMeLL.6042" said:Hello Again, so you mean to tell me that i should have reported it via email? because i reported him in the in game right click, report -> botting, i thought this would work.

And when i suspect some of my ally is cheating specially in roaming when the speed is too much or instant blink to sentry from camp, i then say "Hi" and if he ignores/dont reply i insta report bot.

Greetings! Well, that’s up to you! Obviously if you have a bunch of detailed information to pass on then use the email reporting. If not, then just report as botting in-game as you did.

Regardless of which way you report, the devs said they don’t want players to post on the forums about this stuff. Just report in the ways they are asking for and that’s it.

Have a great one!