Warrior Changes From Today

Lan Deathrider.5910

This may be a dumb idea but if anet in general wants cc to be 0 damage and seeing as warrior was clearly designed around it providing damage in its rotation why not simply change one of the useless 300 sec traits in defense line to to a trait that now warriors now damage enemies for 5% of their total hp on cc. Seems like a easy change that doesn't effect cc on other classes and 5% is in no way op but is definitely significant if combined with the total damage of the warriors burst rotations.Like I said could be a dumb idea haha.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:This may be a dumb idea but if anet in general wants cc to be 0 damage and seeing as warrior was clearly designed around it providing damage in its rotation why not simply change one of the useless 300 sec traits in defense line to to a trait that now warriors now damage enemies for 5% of their total hp on cc. Seems like a easy change that doesn't effect cc on other classes and 5% is in no way op but is definitely significant if combined with the total damage of the warriors burst rotations.Like I said could be a dumb idea haha.

I'd prefer to adjust Body Blow to be Power Damage and be 1k-2k on a crit depending on stats. We already have a trait that does something on CC, but it bleeds... Just convert that total bleed damage as it would be on a condi build to power damage levels on a power build.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:This may be a dumb idea but if anet in general wants cc to be 0 damage and seeing as warrior was clearly designed around it providing damage in its rotation why not simply change one of the useless 300 sec traits in defense line to to a trait that now warriors now damage enemies for 5% of their total hp on cc. Seems like a easy change that doesn't effect cc on other classes and 5% is in no way op but is definitely significant if combined with the total damage of the warriors burst rotations.Like I said could be a dumb idea haha.

I'd prefer to adjust Body Blow to be Power Damage and be 1k-2k on a crit depending on stats. We already have a trait that does something on CC, but it bleeds... Just convert that total bleed damage as it would be on a condi build to power damage levels on a power build.

I just think that for warriors to feel like a warrior melee powerhouse again cc's like rampage and other cc's that are used alongside or proceeding a warriors melee burst need to have at least some damage returned to them, especially since the warrior dps melee skills were toned down but not adjusted for the loss of the damage that always proceeded or was part of the bursts. I don't think they could have made such adjustments tho cuz the community would look at the dps melee skills individual damage and complain that the numbers are to high even if they were adjusted slightly higher to compensate for the lack of damage warrior burst now does due to the no damage on cc change.Lastly it's crazy that 100 blades hasn't been adjusted especially its cast time being way to long nowadays.

A %HP for damage eh? that might be a new thing they could look into for future but yeah I mean they holding the placeholder too long like way... to long.They supposed to do something but the balance team couldn't do much groundbreaking change without discussing with game designer team. They only can change number so this is what they do, nerf damage to CC to 0 and put some trait into 5 mins long without giving something back.

I hope once they invent something to spice up things they will give CC some damage again.

Warrior is meant to be a tank/Bruiser with Heavy sustain and Respectable damage.

I dont understand how this is so difficult for them to grasp.

It took them how many years to cave to the need for the trinity in gw2?.

Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason.

Every Condition build out there achieves this except warriors and power warrior is a joke.

@Apolo.5942 said:Warrior is meant to be a tank/Bruiser with Heavy sustain and Respectable damage.

I dont understand how this is so difficult for them to grasp.

It took them how many years to cave to the need for the trinity in gw2?.

Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason.

Every Condition build out there achieves this except warriors and power warrior is a joke.

To be fair, Warrior is whatever Anet intends it to be, not what players tell them they want it to be and there was never really a 'cave' in to trinity as it's still not necessary to use it to win most content in this game. Furthermore, stereotypes are stereotypes for the reason all right ... the reason that most game devs are not interested in new ideas or innovations in game concepts. Any implication we NEEED stereotypes because they work is narrowminded.

That's a REAL important point to understand if you are going to play this game because Anet has shown they are willing to deviate from expected concepts players would think are typical of MMO's. That being said ... I think it's fair to expect of ALL the classes in this game, warrior is probably the one Anet should mess with the least.

Todays changes were NOT a blow out ... that's the best anyone can ever hope for.

@Tycura.1982 said:It's alright for me. Glad they buffed MMR. Support needed some nerfing in pvp. With holo and renegade getting hit warrior is getting a better deal for sides now.

unlikely, holo blind still goes through full counter and renegade mender still better for having teamfight capability and will hold off any warrior if they just wish to cap point and don't overcommit on killing, and also will decap the warrior.

also not meta, but there's ranger, condi rev, guard who will be better side node.

Since they have forced Condi builds into going into Discipline for Burning Arrows, they should move body blow to the discipline trait line.

Actually, Burning Arrows needs to be baseline, it at the very least put in arms...

@Opopanax.1803 said:

Since they have forced Condi builds into going into Discipline for Burning Arrows, they should move body blow to the discipline trait line.

Actually, Burning Arrows needs to be baseline, it at the very least put in arms...

No, body blow needs to become power damage. Burning on AA should be default on Longbow. Crack shot should apply bleeding or torment on Longbow AA. Longbow sorely needs more cover condi.

Crack Shot USED to be in Arms, and frankly it should still be there. I saw Move Crack Short to the adept tier of Arms, swap that trait into Sundering Burst's slot, and move Sundering Bursts into the adept tier of Discipline.

No, body blow needs to become power damage. Burning on AA should be default on Longbow. Crack shot should apply bleeding or torment on Longbow AA. Longbow sorely needs more cover condi.

Crack Shot USED to be in Arms, and frankly it should still be there. I saw Move Crack Short to the adept tier of Arms, swap that trait into Sundering Burst's slot, and move Sundering Bursts into the adept tier of Discipline.

Well it should be power damage consider it is in Strength, but it wont because Anet doesnt believe in damage from CC anymore...

I like your moves for Arms and Discipline; would subscribe to your agenda!

@Opopanax.1803 said:

Well it should be power damage consider it is in Strength, but it wont because Anet doesnt believe in damage from CC anymore...They do if it's traited.I like your moves for Arms and Discipline; would subscribe to your agenda!Go comment in the omnibus thread then.

@felix.2386 said:power warrior still dies to flamethrow autoattack lol

I came across a very well played scrapper running a flamethrower build a year before the great Feb. nerf patch. A warrior face tanking a FT scrapper even then was in favor of the scrapper it's even worse now since FT didn't receive the same 'balance' as everything else.