Can I use DPS metter somehow? Help? <3

Hello dear friends!

First of all I hope that you are all okay during this hard times we live in.

I am new player to GW2 (last time I did play was 6 months ago for some time). I just have returned and am really excited playing. I love the game and community!

Now as topic states - can I use some kind of DPS metter. I am really into the PvP, and want to optimize my rotations and damage. There are alot of things that I just can't understand unless I test them out hard on the dummies zone.

I've heard that you are not allowed to use third party things, such as addons, so I wanted to know for sure.

Is there any recount addon, that ArenaNet devs allow to use?

Thanks and take care,wish you having great day!Sincirely yoursOnlyflameone

@Onlyflameone.2136 said:So I can use ArcDPS, and this isn't against the policy of ArenaNet statements?as they say - this is only your problem is whit arcdps you have some issues and game crashes. So don't write to support after crash if you current configuration include arcdps

any ArenaNet dev could confirm this?use yours favorite search system to find anet dev comment about that on reddit. It already taken 1000 times. Summary: Can use, but don't cry if crash.

@Onlyflameone.2136 said:So I can use ArcDPS, and this isn't against the policy of ArenaNet statements? I must know, because I don't want to do things against rules. Any ArenaNet dev could confirm this? Or any post that tells me I can use? And how do I install it?

Thank you (:

There will be no confirmation because it's not an addon created by Arenanet, if they officially endorse it, it would mean they will spend time and effort every time ArcDPS is updated to make sure it always conforms with the rules. Plus endorsing one addon would open a can of worms as other addon creators would want to get approval and create a community mess. In order to avoid having an addon maintenance and approval process, which takes effort, and keep the addon working, they instead give general guidelines of what is and what isn't acceptable. It's common courtesy though, if a company changes their rules and stance over something, to give ample notice to their customers, so if for whatever reason ArcDPS becomes unacceptable and against the rules, they should give a fair heads up before taking action.

@Onlyflameone.2136 said:Does the ArcDPS work where I test my rotations and builds? I am in some PvP lobby teleport then from there teleport to some dummie zone where there are also different profession nps too, will it work there?for spvp ? take meta biuld and don't worryofc some people open combat log, time time time make screens, think, do analize, but it is to boring

@Onlyflameone.2136 said:So I can use ArcDPS, and this isn't against the policy of ArenaNet statements? I must know, because I don't want to do things against rules. Any ArenaNet dev could confirm this? Or any post that tells me I can use? And how do I install it?

Thank you (:

It is never against the policy of Arenanet to use any third party tool, but you always do this at your own risk.The policy Arenanet has is very simpel and strait forward. They do not aprove any tool at all. They just point to the user agreement and other underlaying legal stuff like rules of conduct. This says what is allowed to do in the game and what is not. It does not matter if you do unacceptable behaviour with or without the use of a third party tool. It is your actions that count and to what you are kept accountable, not the tools you use.

Having said that. By using ArcDPS you do not break any rule and with the functionalities it has today it is perfectly ok to use.

For reasons explained above, a dev will not come and tell you this as they just point to the user agreement

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

Thank you (:

It is never against the policy of Arenanet to use any third party tool, but you always do this at your own risk.The policy Arenanet has is very simpel and strait forward. They do not aprove any tool at all. They just point to the user agreement and other underlaying legal stuff like rules of conduct. This says what is allowed to do in the game and what is not. It does not matter if you do unacceptable behaviour with or without the use of a third party tool. It is your actions that count and to what you are kept accountable, not the tools you use.

Having said that. By using ArcDPS you do not break any rule and with the functionalities it has today it is perfectly ok to use.

For reasons explained above, a dev will not come and tell you this as they just point to the user agreement

The key point is that the ArcDPS folks have worked with ArenaNet so that ArcDPS is tolerated (but not supported), but in return ArcDPS may not add ===> this list of features. You won't get sanctioned for using ArcDPS for the information it gives you, but if you then use that information to berate people in deeply toxic language, you'll get sanctioned for the deeply toxic language and the berating. (But it would be the same if you did it without ArcDPS.)

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

Thank you (:

The key point is that the ArcDPS folks have worked with ArenaNet so that ArcDPS is
tolerated
(but not supported), but in return ArcDPS may not add ===> this list of features. You won't get sanctioned for using ArcDPS for the information it gives you, but if you then use that information to berate people in deeply toxic language, you'll get sanctioned for the deeply toxic language and the berating. (But it would be the same if you did it without ArcDPS.)

I do not see how helping with certain aspects of the development would mean future functions would be tolerated. Just use your common sense and do not break the rules. The tools used do not matter at all. ArcDPS as it is today does not break any rules.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

Thank you (:

The key point is that the ArcDPS folks have worked with ArenaNet so that ArcDPS is
tolerated
(but not supported), but in return ArcDPS may not add ===> this list of features. You won't get sanctioned for using ArcDPS for the information it gives you, but if you then use that information to berate people in deeply toxic language, you'll get sanctioned for the deeply toxic language and the berating. (But it would be the same if you did it without ArcDPS.)

I do not see how helping with certain aspects of the development would mean future functions would be tolerated. Just use your common sense and do not break the rules. The tools used do not matter at all. ArcDPS as it is today does not break any rules.

ArcDPS's developers worked with ArenaNet only to establish what would be tolerated and what would not, because the things in it that are tolerated don't break the spirit of the rules. If a third-party tool exists to do something that is automatically a violation of the rules no matter how a player does it, then that tool will not be tolerated.