Sigil of courage for damage sigil?

choiBento.5690

Hey just wondering, is sigil of courage actually optimal for most damage if you have only around 2000-2300 power?

For example, sigil of opportunity would give 5% damage, but 5% damage in a 2300 power build is 115 power worth of damage

So in a sustained fight, you can hold onto 4 stacks of might, which is 120 power

Isn't that better or am I trippin?

depends on the skill tbh.

first of all, opportunity is conditional. if your target is not movement impaired your damage will not be increased. that's something to keep in mind. also, movement impaired conditions can obviously get cleansed.

courage might can be stolen/corrupted and it has "build up time" until you get the stacks to 4. defensively this is worse than opportunity as under pressure your damage might plummet and takes longer to build up again.

then there's base damage and power modifier. the impact of power on your damage depends on the power multiplier of a skill. power is more important for a skill that scales by 1.0 instead of something like 0.3

i don't know when opportunity damage is added in the equation, but i assume at the end.

you could check in the wiki and calculate it yourself but generally speaking i'd say courage is better than opportunity because of the conditional requirement unless you're running a build that bursts particularly hard in combination with immob/chill/cripple.