DECEMBER 1 2020 PACH WVW .... RLY

narcis.5270

CAN WE STOP NERFING CLASES THAT DONT NEED TO BE NERFED OR ALLOCATING THE NERFS IN THE WRIGHT PLACE INSTEAD OF DOING IT LIKE BLIND PEOPLE? I AGREE THAT THIEF NEEDED A NERF BUT NOT THIS ONE ;ThiefInfiltrator's Arrow: Increased initiative cost from 6 to 8 in PvP and WvW.LIKE I GET THE PLASMA NERF BUT WAS INFILTRATOR'S ARROW THAT OP, IT HAS NO DMG, THIEF ONLY USE IT TO RUN AWAY FROM THE BROKEN CONDI CLASES THAT THIS NEW META HAS CREATED. AND NO NERF FOR RANGERS, A CLAS W RANGE CONDI/POWER DAMAGE AND 3K TOUGHNESS W 1000000000000000000 BLOCKING ABILITIES, STEALTH AND A DECENT SUSTAIN. A CLAS THAT EVEN A 3y/o COULD PLAY, IT FEELS BAD TO SEE SKILLED PLAYERS LEAVING THE GAME DUE TO THE NERFS THAT HIGH SKILL CLASSES GET, EG. MESMER, DUE TO THE FACT THAT THE PEOPLE THAT PLAY THEM KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING THEREFORE KILLING BRAINLESS TANK PLAYERS THAT THEN COMPLAIN AND MAKE ANET INCREASE THIS UNFOUNDED NERFS... JUST SAD IN MY OPINION.

PLS NERF CONDI AND THE 3000000000000000000K TOUGHNES RANGER :/

The caps kind of hurt but I agree, it's a needless change. They could have even reduced the range on it some, or just left it alone and tuned something else. I used Death's Retreat for map travel mostly, Inf Strike was great for covering people with the blind and just being there for your team. As neglected as Shadow Savior was, it's pretty much dead now since Inf Strike with the blind was about the only reason to take that trait. Change the skill or put something else there, but they need to leave Initiative alone or hire devs who don't patch based on forum complaints who ignore traits and everything else.

Everyone claims thieves have endless everything while at the same time claim they don't provide anything for the team except to decap in spvp so this change makes sense with these devs and this forum.

@kash.9213 said:The caps kind of hurt but I agree, it's a needless change. They could have even reduced the range on it some, or just left it alone and tuned something else. I used Death's Retreat for map travel mostly, Inf Strike was great for covering people with the blind and just being there for your team. As neglected as Shadow Savior was, it's pretty much dead now since Inf Strike with the blind was about the only reason to take that trait. Change the skill or put something else there, but they need to leave Initiative alone or hire devs who don't patch based on forum complaints who ignore traits and everything else.

Everyone claims thieves have endless everything while at the same time claim they don't provide anything for the team except to decap in spvp so this change makes sense with these devs and this forum.

Too many thieves flexing their incinerators and shadowstepping everywhere, jumping and running while attempting to hit you. pretty sure their escape route of using shortbow skill 5 spam will make them think twice, good on anet dealing with them!

One could argue that thief needs to be hit further. The fact that its the most mobile class, with the most stealth, no cooldowns on weapon skills, with one of the highest burst combos AAAAND deadeye can 1) have infinite initiative if they have half a brain 2) remove the one counterplay mechanic to stealth 3) get stealth on dodge. If you ask me you got off LUCKY. Thief is overloaded and if it did anything more than be a 1v1 machine in WvW it would be in blobs everywhere.

@Nugget.7203 said:

@kash.9213 said:The caps kind of hurt but I agree, it's a needless change. They could have even reduced the range on it some, or just left it alone and tuned something else. I used Death's Retreat for map travel mostly, Inf Strike was great for covering people with the blind and just being there for your team. As neglected as Shadow Savior was, it's pretty much dead now since Inf Strike with the blind was about the only reason to take that trait. Change the skill or put something else there, but they need to leave Initiative alone or hire devs who don't patch based on forum complaints who ignore traits and everything else.

Too many thieves flexing their incinerators and shadowstepping everywhere, jumping and running while attempting to hit you. pretty sure their escape route of using shortbow skill 5 spam will make them think twice, good on anet dealing with them!

All of these posts complaining about thieves are about thieves running away. We need to nerf the builds that are making a class that everyone claims has endless everything run away.

@kash.9213 said:

All of these posts complaining about thieves are about thieves running away. We need to nerf the builds that are making a class that everyone claims has endless everything run away.

That's the thing, thiefs disengage because their gonna lose the figh, so players want the thiefs disengagrment potential cut so thief wont be able to disengage to avoid death. so if everyone is complaining about thiefs always leaving to reset during a fight think about it, is it ok if instead the thief dies all those times? I'm guessing the community would be ok with thief lost almost all fights lol. Everyone always wants thief not to run away yet they dont want thief to get any buffs to give it a chance at sticking around the fight and winning.

I as a ranger would love to be able to disengage if I'm losing a fight. To get stealth as a ranger, have to land hunters shot (forcing you to use LB), use smokescale and have it out / wait for it to finish making the field / leap into it, or run porcine and play roulette. Also Ranger has essentially one block on GS, and sustain either means losing all damage or having basically two skills (dolyak and rampage as one / SoTP).

But yes, please keep complaining about LB 2. At least in this case the devs saw ranger is in probably the best place it's going to be until the expansion so they left it alone.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

That's the thing, thiefs disengage because their gonna lose the figh, so players want the thiefs disengagrment potential cut so thief wont be able to disengage to avoid death. so if everyone is complaining about thiefs always leaving to reset during a fight think about it, is it ok if instead the thief dies all those times? I'm guessing the community would be ok with thief lost almost all fights lol. Everyone always wants thief not to run away yet they dont want thief to get any buffs to give it a chance at sticking around the fight and winning.

I think they just want Thieves to have to face death like the rest of us. But you are right, if a thief runs you won the fight. Don't worry you'll get the WXP and bag later.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Is it ok that a thief can pretty much denie a necro or reaper with pistol inturrupt plus corrupting stability first from all the boons stealling fear and if DE stealth shoot stealth shoot and so on with constant root amd damage?

@Mikhael.2391 said:

Is it ok that a thief can pretty much denie a necro or reaper with pistol inturrupt plus corrupting stability first from all the boons stealling fear and if DE stealth shoot stealth shoot and so on with constant root amd damage?

Um if their spamming interrupts then they are using a lot of their global skill resources, spamming any skill on thief ain't cheap, corrupting and boon stealing of fear is done by a one time main class mechanic on a CD. Necro has many strengths over thief.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Um if their spamming interrupts then they are using a lot of their global skill resources, spamming any skill on thief ain't cheap, corrupting and boon stealing of fear is done by a one time main class mechanic on a CD. Necro has many strengths over thief.

Ok. If you think so.

@Gotejjeken.1267 said:I as a ranger would love to be able to disengage if I'm losing a fight. To get stealth as a ranger, have to land hunters shot (forcing you to use LB), use smokescale and have it out / wait for it to finish making the field / leap into it, or run porcine and play roulette. Also Ranger has essentially one block on GS, and sustain either means losing all damage or having basically two skills (dolyak and rampage as one / SoTP).

But yes, please keep complaining about LB 2. At least in this case the devs saw ranger is in probably the best place it's going to be until the expansion so they left it alone.

You can, seen plenty of rangers do it, and it's not hard neither .

@Mikhael.2391 said:

Ok. If you think so.

Why dont you try spamming pistol interrupts on a necro then.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Ok. If you think so.

Why dont you try spamming pistol interrupts on a necro then.

I have. Combined with dodges and other inturrupts necro is shutdown.