Anyone Else Who Is Still Using Spirits In WvW

PrinceValentine.9320

Prior to nerf, they were practically unusable in blob fights but was extremely strong in 1v1. I like the fact that the Elite Spirit now provides stability which can be helpful when fighting a lord inside a keep to avoid knockback, fear and other cc's but during blob fights it is close to being useless so I just switch it to Entangle. I still use the other small spirit trees to proc their condi's with my shortbow.

PS:

I just don't like it that there is no change with the attitude of a lot of commanders toward Rangers. One time, I was on my Firebrand and when I switched to my Ranger, the commander called me out and demanded me to switch back to FB, when we are lacking any kiting potential. They were really into moving like a school of fish and the enemies were attacking us from all directions. And I don't think I will be reflecting any of my damage back to them because I was not using a Longbow.

Dev:Can you please move it to Rangers? Thank you.

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Spirits stationary? If so they are of no help really in a blob fight. Go full on spirits on the Keep and Tower lords sure, that is PvE after all. I do recall that the little guys moved at launch. Maybe its a good idea for them to be mobile again? They really aren't that game breaking outside of having to potentially render 50*7 sprites when the Ranger Blob crests the hill...

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Spirits stationary? If so they are of no help really in a blob fight. Go full on spirits on the Keep and Tower lords sure, that is PvE after all. I do recall that the little guys moved at launch. Maybe its a good idea for them to be mobile again? They really aren't that game breaking outside of having to potentially render 50*7 sprites when the Ranger Blob crests the hill...

They were moving before but a lot of people relentlessly asked the dev's to nerf the Spirit Ranger. It was only overpowered in PVP. I don't get it why Anet decided to include the nerf to WvW too. Just weird. Anyway, when you activate the spirit, they will teleport to the ranger's current location. They can provide chill, blind, cripple and burst damage so they are not completely useless. You can summon them from a safe place and activate them once you are in the middle of the blob but it requires the ranger to go for a tanky condi build to be effective.

@PrinceValentine.9320 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Spirits stationary? If so they are of no help really in a blob fight. Go full on spirits on the Keep and Tower lords sure, that is PvE after all. I do recall that the little guys moved at launch. Maybe its a good idea for them to be mobile again? They really aren't that game breaking outside of having to potentially render 50*7 sprites when the Ranger Blob crests the hill...

They were moving before but a lot of people relentlessly asked the dev's to nerf the Spirit Ranger. It was only overpowered in PVP. I don't get it why Anet decided to include the nerf to WvW too. Just weird. Anyway, when you activate the spirit, they will teleport to the ranger's current location. They can provide chill, blind, cripple and burst damage so they are not completely useless. You can summon them from a safe place and activate them once you are in the middle of the blob but it requires the ranger to go for a tanky condi build to be effective.

More of a functional thing. In PvE and WvW with lots of models to render the amount of potential spirits will cause people to crash.

@Solanum.6983 said:I like spirits, It's a shame them being stationary makes them next to useless in WvW where Battles are constantly moving and anything standing still gets aoe spammed and dies quickly.

Yeah, I really like them. They give offensive and defensive buffs to allies nearby and that AOE Rez comes really in handy. Too bad Anet decided to nerf them to become stationary. Anet should not had touched them in WvW, the cries were only from SPvP anyway. And there is something about Druid that don't really click for me, maybe the sound that it makes.

• 2 months later...

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Spirits stationary? If so they are of no help really in a blob fight. Go full on spirits on the Keep and Tower lords sure, that is PvE after all. I do recall that the little guys moved at launch. Maybe its a good idea for them to be mobile again? They really aren't that game breaking outside of having to potentially render 50*7 sprites when the Ranger Blob crests the hill...

Back in the day Anet allowed spirits to move with the Ranger, sort of like pets. But all the other professions complained and it was given a nerf/buff. The nerf was they became stationary. The supposed "buff" turned out to be more HP for the spirit...which didn't help, because the spirit was stationary inside blob fields making them easily ran over and destroyed within seconds. Thinking they should just make spirits like pets, make them Bond with you, giving you the Spirit's ability. Seems easier to deal with.

@KeyOrion.9506 said:

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't Spirits stationary? If so they are of no help really in a blob fight. Go full on spirits on the Keep and Tower lords sure, that is PvE after all. I do recall that the little guys moved at launch. Maybe its a good idea for them to be mobile again? They really aren't that game breaking outside of having to potentially render 50*7 sprites when the Ranger Blob crests the hill...

Back in the day Anet allowed spirits to move with the Ranger, sort of like pets. But all the other professions complained and it was given a nerf/buff. The nerf was they became stationary. The supposed "buff" turned out to be more HP for the spirit...which didn't help, because the spirit was stationary inside blob fields making them easily ran over and destroyed within seconds. Thinking they should just make spirits like pets, make them Bond with you, giving you the Spirit's ability. Seems easier to deal with.

Oh I remember watching the bots in Frostgorge Sound farming the trolls with all the spirits following them.