Impossible for new players! RAIDS!

dani.5680

Do you really need full ascended for training? At least the training-groups/-communities I know are okay, if only weapons and trinkets are asc or don't care at all, as long as the performance isn't bad.

The most english speaking EU raid learn guilds/coms will accept players with complete exo gear as long as they play a group and raiding oriented build. Imo ascendet gear does not matter if one starts out raiding. You need to know your basic role and rotation, get used to the mechaniks and learn to adept if something goes south. That's imo the biggest struggle for people wich are new to gw2 raids. Fractals are nice but they rarely translate well into raiding. Also a lot of people even don't run T4 and cm on a regulary base so getting into raids can be a huge step up gameplay wise.

Some people play this game for years have tons of ap and a load of leggys but don't know what this ominous blue bar on harder mobs/bosses is or how to break it...

If you are finde with the mechaniks and want to get deeper into raiding you can start to perfect you rotation on a golem and get your ascendet gear.

I started raids a few months ago, i'm now at 500li, how do you think i get them ? i joined training then a guild that do raids on a weekly basis.Raids are not that hard to get into, there is ton of training guilds, and guild that recruit newbie, also exotic are fine, training recommand ascended but as long you have correct build in exotic it's enough, and if you take 3 months to do a ascended set something is wrong, a tips is to only do weapons and buy trinket from lsw3/4/5 maps since ascended armor stats increase is really low compared to weapons and trinkets.

@dani.5680 said:

@"Excursion.9752" said:Unless you make your own group with like minded people then you will always get a pretty heavy dose of needing KP or "L2p".

I am a fairly experienced in raids. Not god tier by no means but what I have found is that just because you learn something one way does not mean that is the way it is ran by the next group. You will be judged constantly. Everyone will be running arcdps (not really but assume so) and watching your performance. Giving you tips on how to do your rotation. Just assume when your a healer if someone dies its automatically your fault. Even if they didn't know the mechanics or made a mistake. You must prove yourself.

When you decide to partake in raids this is the agreement that you sign up for. Either you have tough enough skin to brave the flames and let the words roll off your back or you will get upset and quit. You may think its dumb but so is waiting 15 min for a specific class to join so you can clear something 2 min faster and that happens. So normal logic does not always apply.

If you want change, you have to be the one willing to take the first step. There is more than enough content to teach you what you need to know to command your own group. Or you can be like me and roam the LFG looking and waiting for things that I want to do. I am at the mercy of people making groups or needing more. I choose this just as you choose to be restricted by KP and armor requirements.

So you can let this dictate you or you can control it. The choice is yours. Here is a funny story to leave you with. I joined a group we 1 shot the whole wing. No one died no mistakes. I asked if we were doing more. The commander replied we are! but your not because you suck! and kicked me. I laughed so hard tears came to my eyes. Sure they could have been serious but I took it as a joke. This game and life is about how you react to it. Don't get upset do it as how you feel it should be done. Good luck!

I run arcdps myself and i can say i top dps in all raid bosses i've made or 2nd place! So those 250 LI dont mean anything! Internet is full of mechanics and how do you run bosses in 4-5 lines to read! I feel like this stupid things should not be able to be linked! Its not a player ability to play a game! And we all saw that some bosses can be made 6-man so 4 leeched in that case? So there is a surplus of LI out there in the world as some player leeched their way thru it!

The best dps in low kp group by the way mean nothing, since no one know how to do dps properly, the top dps player (except if there is veteran to help) is often the classes that relly the less on allies to get dps and that have a low learning/mastering curse for the dps, like the reaper, dh, soulbeast which do ton of damage even without any skillcap, everything change when you're in an experienced group.By the way in some good exp group people are good enough to reach a point where they are limited by their class and the type of encounter they do.

@PoneyLibre.6415 said:Yes sadly you don't need to do pointless open world content to do raids. Anet please do something.Great ideaalso not only OW, this should inlude jp, event, collections, kill 1000 orges, kill 1000 orges wiht focus and shield, defend 500 keeps on wvw, support 2000 dolyaks ..because now people not understand that fun thay skip if go first week in raid, and after competed raids, think that all content completed. ..

The funny part is that many players complain about the killproofing, but once they have acquired the killproof and are looking for easy clears for their weekly rewards, they likely become part of the problem unless their advertising "no KP chill runs" and they don't get toxic when some players who have never seen the boss join the squad. Yes, people with KP could still suck, but asking for KP is perfectly reasonable if a squad leader is looking for people who have cleared the raid to the end multiple times, to ensure they don't need to explain mechanics to anyone, and to increase the chances of a successful clear. On average, someone with KP will be more comfortable with mechanics than someone without KP, and that hasn't done raids.

If you want to do raids and you don't have the killproof, you need to start where most other raiders started: in training groups, guild groups, or joining semi-exp groups after watching videos and reading about the raid mechanics to ensure that you don't look like you've never seen the fight before. If you're essentially able to join clears with KP reqs without having any KP, you're probably going to be carried by the other members of your party and not learn any mechanics.

@lare.5129 said:As for me raid should not give pass is not have some values achivfor example 5k - win 1 open10k - wing 2 also open also.....sad that any who realy want can start raid per one week after account creation.

I have completed the story, do every raid every week, CM+ t4 every day, have multiple legendary, but don't even have 10k (i don't do daily).That why AP suck and mean nothing.

@Fangoth.4503 said:AP is farming skill not gameplay skills. worth nothing if you want to do high end contenteveryone of us understand high end content himself. Open achievements for myself more high end content that do same 8 wings each week. And I more value player who have all legendary weapons than 3 legendary raid sets .. For many gw2 player be top 250 is more high end content that others, for another play on wvw is do high end content.This game not all about raids, raid here is not high end for many people .. this is only part of big game.And if new player impossible do raid in first year - this is ok for me (ofc we all know that it possible if person realy want that, so if person realy want - check videos how it do, make great rotation with properly class on golem, have few types of classes, becasue on each boss needed different setup for pro runners and etc)

@lare.5129 said:

@Fangoth.4503 said:AP is farming skill not gameplay skills. worth nothing if you want to do high end contenteveryone of us understand high end content himself. Open achievements for myself more high end content that do same 8 wings each week. And I more value player who have all legendary weapons than 3 legendary raid sets .. For many gw2 player be top 250 is more high end content that others, for another play on wvw is do high end content.This game not all about raids, raid here is not high end for many people .. this is only part of big game.And if new player impossible do raid in first year - this is ok for me (ofc we all know that it possible if person realy want that, so if person realy want - check videos how it do, make great rotation with properly class on golem, have few types of classes, becasue on each boss needed different setup for pro runners and etc)

And nobody here said raid was the only high end content (fashion wars 2 :p ).

It just don't make any sense to block this content behind AP...But YOU can use it for your lfg ^^

@Carcharoth Lucian.1378 said:And nobody here said raid was the only high end content (fashion wars 2 :p ).yes, nobody said. Except person who create that topic.

It just don't make any sense to block this content behind AP...I sad that we not have this block. I want to eliminate player from raid to give them chance try a lot of other content .. Becuse some people do raid, close wings, and think for unknow reason that they complete that game.

But YOU can use it for your lfg ^^I use KP, not Legendary Insight

@lare.5129 said:

@"Carcharoth Lucian.1378" said:And nobody here said raid was the only high end content (fashion wars 2 :p ).yes, nobody said. Except person who create that topic.

No, he only talked about LI and "gear" barrier. He never said raid was the only high end content.

It just don't make any sense to block this content behind AP...I sad that we not have this block. I want to eliminate player from raid to give them chance try a lot of other content .. Becuse some people do raid, close wings, and think for unknow reason that they complete that game.

People find fun where they want. If this is only in raids, that's fine, if this is in open world, that's fine either. No need to add barrier.

just watch guild recruiters that ads raid training. most pve focused guilds do this.u can farm ascended from pve, just in 30 days or less. try make 10~30 gold day.

the real raid barrier is spare time, if u dont have time to farm gold, probably will not have time to training, must have 2hrs spare per day.

I think OPs problems are more fundamental than barriers to raid entry. More so than most, GW2's endgame is a bit of a slow burn - because it's so easy to cap out on level/gear/mastery, the long-term goals are either player-generated or achievement hunting. OP does not seem like the kind of player who appreciates as slow of a burn as the one GW2 offers.

TLDR; you're probably going to quit soon anyways, why bother with raiding?

@voltaicbore.8012 said:I think OPs problems are more fundamental than barriers to raid entry. More so than most, GW2's endgame is a bit of a slow burn - because it's so easy to cap out on level/gear/mastery, the long-term goals are either player-generated or achievement hunting. OP does not seem like the kind of player who appreciates as slow of a burn as the one GW2 offers.

TLDR; you're probably going to quit soon anyways, why bother with raiding?oh, great words ! I am try say myself that previous. Great words accumulation!

@lare.5129 said:

@"Carcharoth Lucian.1378" said:And nobody here said raid was the only high end content (fashion wars 2 :p ).yes, nobody said. Except person who create that topic.

But YOU can use it for your lfg ^^I use KP, not Legendary Insight

Skillwise in pve, there is not other content that oppose raid, so yea a player "completed" the game if his goal was to complete the hardest pve challenge, if he want more challenge, i guess spvp is a good start.And yes AP don't worth anything, farming ap is not realy skills and don't ask for knowledge of the game or understanding of your class.The hardest legendary to get are the Spvp, WvW and Raid one anyway because it's ask for the same component as the openworld but also ask for skill play in their gamemode.

BTw there is not a lot of HL contents, there is raid, sPVP, wvw, fractals, and maybe strike (i don't know it'sb ordeline fullfil the HL definition)

@lare.5129 said:

Of course its not ok for player to be unable to play raid the first year, it takes like 1-2h on golem to get a level descent enough to compete with pugs. if you tell people you have to go farm useless thing for 1 year before you can play what you want they will just go to another game.Putting AP requirement is just silly

• Like 1

@Fangoth.4503 said:Of course its not ok for player to be unable to play raid the first yearwhy ?? is is mmo game or not? In another game I am grind 2 years, each day, to get loot by first boss..That a mmo game, not fast single 1 day game.

if you tell people you have to go farm useless thing for 1 year before you can play what you want they will just go to another game.someone come out, someone opposite come in.

Putting AP requirement is just sillythis is requirement from some people. Want join, don't want don't join, make you own squad or find another sq.lead.

@lare.5129 said:

@Fangoth.4503 said:Of course its not ok for player to be unable to play raid the first yearwhy ?? is is mmo game or not? In another game I am grind 2 years, each day, to get loot by first boss..That a mmo game, not fast single 1 day game.

because if someone want to raid he goes to raid, not to collect dredge weapons or afk kill 1k rats with a torch or whatever else has nothing to do with raid.if you want to put it as requirement in your own lfg its your choice but fine but it's not fine if it lock people out of the instance if they didn't farm unrelated stuff

@Fangoth.4503 said:because if someone want to raid he goes to raid, not to collect dredge weapons or afk kill 1k rats with a torch or whatever else has nothing to do with raid.so it was of reason why I am not raid each day, only sometimes, - to easy for new players come and start raid. No smell of mmo.

if you want to put it as requirement in your own lfg its your choice but fine but it's not fine if it lock people out of the instance if they didn't farm unrelated stuffyes, I like ask non related stuff. It is part of fun.