Does anyone give their builds actual names?

Shroud.2307

Most streamers I watch don't give their builds any special names, it's just profession/elite + build, eg. "Firebrand build".

Personally I love thinking up names for things. It's not like it's necessary to give your builds unique names, but I find it fun to do so and it instantly helps me to remember what build is what. The way I come up with names for mine is by combining names of two traits that I'm using in the build. The traits themselves don't need to have any significance.

Some examples of my build names;

• Fear of Pain (Fear of Death + Awaken the Pain)
  • Explosive Synergy (Explosive Entrance + Cleansing Synergy)
  • Acolyte of Malice (Acolyte of Torment + Seething Malice)
  • Demonic Shroud (Demonic Lore + Harbinger Shroud)
  • Awaken the Souleater (Awaken the Pain + Soul Eater)
  • Primal Knowledge (Primal Reflexes + Wilderness Knowledge)
  • Serrated Edge (Serrated Steel + Laser's Edge)

How about you guys? Does anyone else give their builds special names? And if so, how do you think up the names?

I name mine after the toons that run themMy variant of the burn Tempest is called Poshi after the toon I run it on named Arsonist Poshi.My wvw condi rev build is called Tookie after the toon running it called Crusader TookieMy Scrapper build is called Tazz ect....

Since I generally roll a new toon these days when I get a build idea (toon slots being better value for money than separate gear/build loadout slots) it's kinda how I keep things straight in my head.Makes it easy to remember and oddly enough my friends have an easy time with it as well. I actually get them asking "Hey Mind, can I get that Poshi build from you?" or something similar if they see me pulling big numbers in arc or doing something crazy with it.

Not really name them but I have nicknames for some.

My favourite has to be Medicmancer which I give to my really tanky minion build because of it's decent support capability.

Being so hard to kill I can basically act like a party's safety net, reviving through AoE, pulling allies out of harms way and doing some decent AoE healing as well.It is basically a field medic in a way so yeah.. Medicmancer kinda stuck lol

I give my builds real names, mostly because I would have lost track by now. It is easier for me to remember the style/functionality when I just read the name. But the names can be confusing for other players than me. A few examples:

• Blue Power Ranger = Guardian Longbow/Hammer Build
  • Royal Pirate = Holosmith FT camper, which ignores Photon Forge
  • Bouncer = Scrapper build, power, hammer
  • Juggernaut = Guardian power house
  • Devil Trigger = Necromancer/Reaper (for a DMC 4/5 Dante Cosplay)
  • Jedi = Thief S/P + S/D (for a Obiwan Kenobi Cosplay)
  • Scrapper = Warrior Hammer that mimics the Scrapper playstyle
  • Engineer = Warrior Rifle + Mace/Shield that mimics the Engineer playstyle (what it should be)
  • Rocketeer = Long Range Scrapper build using Aim-Assisted Rocket
  • Blue Mage = Staff only Guardian
  • Samurai = Reaper utilizing Rune of Mercy to be the ultimate res-bot (for a Samurai Cosplay)
  • Eternal Flame = experimental Weaver build aiming to get the Superior Rune of Fire damage bonus working
  • Dark Avenger = Holosmith tank variant, experimental
  • Swordmaster = Mesmer S/S + GS

I use the names ingame and in my spreadsheet on my computer.