PvP Showmatch Announcement

Grochaton.6318

Hello everyone, My Name is Grochaton.

As you may have been following on my stream this Tuesday, we (Waffle, Regan, Tenebrae and myself) will try to implement a new concept within PvP, in order to bring a new content, which unfortunately is actually missing.

This concept is a little modeled on the MOBAs, and consists of the introduction of a draft system with specializations Bans and Picks.

For this we are going to organize this Saturday December 12, a Showmatch between team “Lakerz” and team “Celestial Bonk” (known also as Quarantined Crusaders).

To answer some questions that we were asked, that showmatch is a first test to see if players enjoy this format and if it is renewable as tournaments, or even other events such leagues etc ..This is why we haven’t yet wanted to organize tournaments or involve more teams that can be as excited as we are by creating such content.

We are therefore waiting for the first feedback, and we want to take the time to organize things correctly, and to allow the different projects to be done little by little for something, if possible, durable over time.

The Showmatch will be played as a Bo3. We will test 2 draft formulas during this Bo3:

• For Games 1 & 2: 2 Specialization Bans per team, in turn starting with the blue team, then phase of selection of specializations in this order: 1 Selection Blue, 2 Red, 2 Blue, 2 Red, 2 Blue, 1 Red.
  • For Game 3: 3 bans divided into 2 phases
    • 2 Specialization Bans per team, in turn starting with the blue team, then phase of selection of specializations in this order: 1 Blue Selection, 2 Reds, 2 Blue, 1 Red.
    • 1 Specialization ban per team starting with the Red team, then phase of selection of specializations in this order: 1 Red Selection, 2 Blue, 1 Red.

Regarding the rules:

• 1 Specialization authorized per team.
  • Teams can select the same specializations (eg Druid in each team)
  • Teams can only ban one specialization per class.
  • Bans in Game 2 can’t be the same as Game 1. For Game 3, bans are reset.
  • 30 Sec for each Ban or Pick
  • Rotation of Maps: Forest of Niflhel, Legacy of Foefire, Battle of Khylo (subject to change)
  • For Game 1, Toss will decide the side of each team. For next games, the losing team then chooses its side.

Rewards:

• 200 Golds minimum for each player of the winning team
  • 100 Golds minimum for each player of the losing team
  • A jackpot will be made on the different streams to increase the rewards but also to be able to perform giveaways on the streams

The event will be Streamed and Cast:

We are hoping to see you on Saturday December 12 to share this event with you.

We will give you a little later the links of the different streams that will set up the pot. You can send golds, items that will be sold into Black Lion Trading Company, or even Legendaries etc…

See you soon.

If you are interested in participating in jackpot, don't hesitate to send golds IG. You can also send items that can be sold to increase jackpot. You can also send mystic coins, T6 Craft, legendaries etc.. so we can organize more giveaways than we planned.Streams are starting at 20h15 CET. Games will start at 20h30 CET.

See you soon.

I hate these types cus there is always bans. People wanna see what teams might run in AT or what could be cancer. Bans stop tactics It focus more on skill but I I wanna see more monthly at style games where it’s tacs and comps. Idk why there’s hate around cancer comps or builds it’s adds to it in my eyes. Going in with .... like 5 thfs vs a stacked comp excites me.

@Jekkt.6045 said:cool, been interested in how this format would work out for gw2 for a while.

are bans global? meaning, if team A bans a spec for team B, can team A still pick it?

best of luck.

yes bans are global, Thank you very much :)

@Goldilock.2584 said:I hate these types cus there is always bans. People wanna see what teams might run in AT or what could be cancer. Bans stop tactics It focus more on skill but I I wanna see more monthly at style games where it’s tacs and comps. Idk why there’s hate around cancer comps or builds it’s adds to it in my eyes. Going in with .... like 5 thfs vs a stacked comp excites me.

I don't agree about bans stopping tactics. Actually do you think in previous metas you could see more tactics or strategies than it was few years ago? Imo, drafts allows more strategies by the fact you can try to counter opponent's comp, and event to adapt a tactic against the opposite comp. Just my opinion, that's why i want to offer that content, and we'll see the feedback :)And also i don't hate at all the cancer comps.. Remind.. I'm French :)

Btw we add a new rule for that showmatch.

• bans in game 2 can’t be the same as game 1 to allow more diversity and maybe more tactics
  • for game 3, bans are reset

If you have any questions don't hesitate. You can participate by sending golds, items like mystic coins, ecto, stuff we can sell. A part will reward players, the other will be used for giveaways!!You can go on mightyteapot, grochaton, viking_wiolet, or reganliveshow twitch channel when they are live, and send them.

Have a good day