New Virtue Mechanic for the next Elite Spec - Mode Virtues

GuriGashi.5617

What do you guys think about giving the next Guardian Elite Spec a completely new wa to play virtues by turning them into „modes“ which grant cool new effects for a few seconds? Something like -

Virtue of Justice (5s) = red aura, gain might and apply AoE burn around you each pulse, 30% increased damage, last pulse is a power damage blast like focus 5/mace 3 - recharged faster with more damage output

Virtue of Resolve (5s) = blue aura, AoE heal for 800HP with each pulse and remove a condition per pulse, last pulse grants AoE swiftness for 15 seconds - recharged faster by healing yourself and others

Virtue of Courage (5s) = golden aura, grant AoE resistance every pulse, you take 30% less damage, last pulse grants AoE aegis - recharged faster by blocking

@otto.5684 said:Personally, I want the next elite line not to touch the three main virtues, and just add a fourth virtue and call it a day. Though I do like your idea. What would be the CDs on these auras?

I think it would add some cool new combos for Guardians - casting F1 mode, going in and dropping your skill rotation with increased damage while timing the last blast perfectly. They have to somehow change the class mechanic, as they do most of the time. I feel like simply adding a 4th virtue would be a little underwhelming. As to cooldowns - if they would decide to add the mentioned „recharge quicker“ effect (maybe via trait) I would give F1 35s, F2 40s and F3 50s cooldowns. Or maybe remove cooldowns completely and make them usable when they are fully charged by damaging, healing & blocking. In that case I would give F1 15K damage output as a requirement for a full charge, F2 around 10-12K healing output as a requirement for a full charge and F3 10 blocks needed for a full charge. With the second variant we could use them more often (for example by using our heal skill Shelter and walking into AoE‘s for a F3 full charge), but they wouldn‘t be ready from the get go, so I personally would prefer the cooldown variant.

@snoow.1694 said:

@otto.5684 said:Personally, I want the next elite line not to touch the three main virtues, and just add a fourth virtue and call it a day. Though I do like your idea. What would be the CDs on these auras?

I think it would add some cool new combos for Guardians - casting F1 mode, going in and dropping your skill rotation with increased damage while timing the last blast perfectly. They have to somehow change the class mechanic, as they do most of the time. I feel like simply adding a 4th virtue would be a little underwhelming. As to cooldowns - if they would decide to add the mentioned „recharge quicker“ effect (maybe via trait) I would give F1 35s, F2 40s and F3 50s cooldowns. Or maybe remove cooldowns completely and make them usable when they are fully charged by damaging, healing & blocking. In that case I would give F1 15K damage output as a requirement for a full charge, F2 around 10-12K healing output as a requirement for a full charge and F3 10 blocks needed for a full charge. With the second variant we could use them more often (for example by using our heal skill Shelter and walking into AoE‘s for a F3 full charge), but they wouldn‘t be ready from the get go, so I personally would prefer the cooldown variant.

I think the CDs are reasonable. The problem with damage/healing is that it scales in different modes differently. While I think it is a cool concept, I the implementation will be difficult in GW2. 15K damage in PvE is like 2 hits :# . Even the healing in PvE. LoW can heal for tens of thousands over its 6 sec duration, which means the CD will be equal to LoW CD of 25 secs. If you plug some HP and valor + mediation, you can probably solo any and everything in OW, unless it can 1 shoot you =)