Unable to purchase gems [Merged]

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I am having this issue as well. The response I got from CS was unhelpful at best telling me that I don't have any transactions on my account when I said I couldn't make one. Of course you won't find a transaction, I can't make one hence why I'm contacting support. Why is this still an issue years after this was first raised? It's idiotic.

@Mino Noud.2154 said:I am having this issue as well. The response I got from CS was unhelpful at best telling me that I don't have any transactions on my account when I said I couldn't make one. Of course you won't find a transaction, I can't make one hence why I'm contacting support. Why is this still an issue years after this was first raised? It's idiotic.

You'll need to update your ticket, and, again, ask for assistance. Sometimes, Team Members make errors.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

@BadToro.4210 said:This is ridicilous. For over 2 years this problem have existed and still it's not fixed!

It will never be completely fixed. Part of the problems are caused by a DigitalRiver AI system trying to automatically detect fraudulent transactions. But this system is far from perfect so many legitimate transactions are blocked. These will probably only stop when ArenaNet stops using Digital River as their e-commerce partner, and I read nothing suggesting they will.

I also have the same issue. I wanted to buy gems today and each time I get an error when I want to complete the purchase. I had my old credit card registered and I used a different one this time (old one expired). So each time we want to make a transaction we have to send a ticket? They should fix the issue somehow.

@Crono.4197 said:I also have the same issue. I wanted to buy gems today and each time I get an error when I want to complete the purchase. I had my old credit card registered and I used a different one this time (old one expired). So each time we want to make a transaction we have to send a ticket? They should fix the issue somehow.

I made ticket, got it fixed real fast.

• 2 months later...

Same, I'm facing this issue now, tryna throw my money into the game but arena.net wont let me xD and I'm not even using paypal i'm using creditcard, i tried all 3 payment methods and it still keep seeing the error !! Also, I see this payment/billing issue has been concurrent for the past 3 years, does arena.net not plan to do anything about it ??

Sent in a ticket over two years ago on this exact topic they merely directed me to purchase gems using a third party retail location such as walmart or target. Finally fed up with it again and sent another. Can't use Credit card or Paypal as I get the instant error showing up; however I can use both MY credit card and MY Paypal account on my wife's account with no problems. Seems to be a flag that's account based sent up by DigitalRiver as someone else stated. Very stilly.

Hello! Old topic, new problem. So i have been around for quite some time and been buying gems with my CCs with no issues up untill now. So my bank, Swedbank, has some sort of stricter rules applied on purchases online which require my verification when providing my CC details. So in game when i have selected the amount for purchase, click confirm I get a new window to log on to my bank, that little window does not allow me to select proper login methods and when i provide the details i get a message that the browser is not supported. Wheen i choose paypal then I get the message that this option is not available and I have no clue what paysafe option is.I will not buy some game cards from kinguin or g2a or some other hole. On the gw2 site does not seem that i can buy properly the gems too. So what now?Pictures:http://www.bildites.lv/images/edr27g58/152013/original.jpg

@"RockStar.9012" said:Hello! Old topic, new problem. So i have been around for quite some time and been buying gems with my CCs with no issues up untill now. So my bank, Swedbank, has some sort of stricter rules applied on purchases online which require my verification when providing my CC details. So in game when i have selected the amount for purchase, click confirm I get a new window to log on to my bank, that little window does not allow me to select proper login methods and when i provide the details i get a message that the browser is not supported. Wheen i choose paypal then I get the message that this option is not available and I have no clue what paysafe option is.I will not buy some game cards from kinguin or g2a or some other hole. On the gw2 site does not seem that i can buy properly the gems too. So what now?Pictures:http://www.bildites.lv/images/edr27g58/152013/original.jpg

Yesterday managed to buy gems though paypal - i did take the marker out from the option to remember for faster checkout and it actually worked. Could buy gems though paypal.

I am having the same problem.

Paypal Payment results in an error message even before getting to the paypal authentication page, I cannot remember the correct wording, but I think it was something like "not available at the moment. try again later" or so.

When I try to use my credit card, I can confirm that there is an additional step for EU citizens leading to a (browser-like) window opening where the bank has some kind of two-factor authentication/authorization in place, but once the payment has been authorized, nothing seems to happen. I did not get an error message (but it is possible it disappeared before I had the chance to notice?).

In the past I had no problems with purchasing gems, but that was some time ago as I was not really playing much for a while now and thus also had not been using the gem store.

• 4 weeks later...

Same issue as everybody else today. Now after reading that many comments... i'm scared Im going to have to just stop playing, because it seems that they never resolve this issue and I wont be able to keep on playing without being able to purchase stuff I want. This is a joke.

Submit a ticket and no response yet....

I think i found workaround. I wasn't able to buy cetain ammount of gems, but when i lowered the price below the ammount that requires PIN in supermarkets then it worked for me. So try to buy smaller ammounts gems but in bulk. I think the issue it self is with 3D-Secure payment method, it promps when You exceed certain value taken from the card. Hope it works for all of You.

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:I also got hit with this issue now. While in the past I bought gems with paypal many times, I can't complete it now on my main account. (This one)"Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later"I submitted a ticket. (#8054330)

Update: I got a first reply from support this afternoon:

Your recent purchase attempts were caught in our payment processor’s general security checks. They are currently reviewing what’s preventing you from completing a purchase and we will send you an update as soon as this is complete. Although it’s typically much quicker, this process can take up to 12 hours.

We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Update 2:Support fixed the issue for me. Thanks!

Thanks for your patience.

Ok, you’re all set! You should now be able to make your desired purchases.

I successfully added some gems to my main account to verify.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:I also got hit with this issue now. While in the past I bought gems with paypal many times, I can't complete it now on my main account. (This one)"Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later"I submitted a ticket. (#8054330)

Update
: I got a first reply from support this afternoon:

Your recent purchase attempts were caught in our payment processor’s general security checks. They are currently reviewing what’s preventing you from completing a purchase and we will send you an update as soon as this is complete. Although it’s typically much quicker, this process can take up to 12 hours.

We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Update 2
:Support fixed the issue for me. Thanks!

Thanks for your patience.

Ok, you’re all set! You should now be able to make your desired purchases.

I successfully added some gems to my main account to verify.

I'm hoping that I'll get the same result as you because I'm also having this issue.

I'm also part of the "Sad Europeans Who Can't Purchase Gems Anymore Because Of Two-Factor ID In-Game Browser Page Bug" club. As catchy as it is the name of this aforementioned group of people I would really appreciate a solution (which doesn't involve PayPal). That's really a first to me: people are begging a publisher to have their hard earned money for months and still no solution on the horizon. :/

@"Aminodextrous.1869" said:I'm also part of the "Sad Europeans Who Can't Purchase Gems Anymore Because Of Two-Factor ID In-Game Browser Page Bug" club. As catchy as it is the name of this aforementioned group of people I would really appreciate a solution (which doesn't involve PayPal). That's really a first to me: people are begging a publisher to have their hard earned money for months and still no solution on the horizon. :/

it would be nice if:

1. ArenaNet would offer gem cards again in retail shops or via online resellers. Now they are sold out everywhere except for a few highly overpriced online sellers that are not on the list of authorized resellers.
  2. ArenaNet would offer their gems via their website outside of the game.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@"Aminodextrous.1869" said:I'm also part of the "Sad Europeans Who Can't Purchase Gems Anymore Because Of Two-Factor ID In-Game Browser Page Bug" club. As catchy as it is the name of this aforementioned group of people I would really appreciate a solution (which doesn't involve PayPal). That's really a first to me: people are begging a publisher to have their hard earned money for months and still no solution on the horizon. :/

it would be nice if:
  1. ArenaNet would offer gem cards again in retail shops or via online resellers. Now they are sold out everywhere except for a few highly overpriced online sellers that are not on the list of authorized resellers.

Arenanet should def offer their gems on their website too! Great idea!

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

it would be nice if:

I'm also not able to purchase gems in-game but I certainly had no trouble at all with buying the actual software on their website so I'd definitely like to have the option of being able to make other purchases that way.