LAG DC PROBLEM

mrt.7813

Hey lagnetI wish everyone happy days ..

my problem continuous DC and lag I talked to the internet service provider, even though they did all the investigation, a problem occurred ping gets very high 2 minutes after entering the game

1k 1.5 k / 3k then ping is recovering from 50 to 70 then it increases againI did whatever it takes, no problem in other games, ping on discord is normal

What else can I do about it?

Thanks

This isn't problem of map . You can turn of all special effect be in cube with no texture and you can have still this laggs . every day when i play i have 300- 600 ping sometime i have even 1500 ping and i only see like i die .Do something with this if you wanna have still playeres on this game

@Fueki.4753 said:Massive lags are not a rarity in GW2, as sad as it sounds.The problems probably lies with the game's servers.

On which maps did you have the lags?Maps with needlessly high particle effect densities (Thunderhead Keep being the prime example) usually lag much more than others.

the map doesn't matter ping starts when i enter the game

I'm having the same issues. even set all graphics options to low or off. but I still lag during normal gameplay. a popular event can cause a 30sec to 1min delay. map meta evens are off the table at this point as I'm lucky if that game doesn't crash shortly after it starts. If this gets much worse then GW2 is going to become unplayable

@Nicko.8473 said:I'm having the same issues. even set all graphics options to low or off. but I still lag during normal gameplay. a popular event can cause a 30sec to 1min delay. map meta evens are off the table at this point as I'm lucky if that game doesn't crash shortly after it starts. If this gets much worse then GW2 is going to become unplayable

what does setting graphics to low have to do with internet lag... jeez

@sammokdadd.3602 said:

@Nicko.8473 said:I'm having the same issues. even set all graphics options to low or off. but I still lag during normal gameplay. a popular event can cause a 30sec to 1min delay. map meta evens are off the table at this point as I'm lucky if that game doesn't crash shortly after it starts. If this gets much worse then GW2 is going to become unplayable

what does setting graphics to low have to do with internet lag... jeez

Because lag can be caused by insufficient hardware resources (i.e., client-sided), while a high ping is often caused by connectivity issues, and latency by either connectivity or server-sided issues (or both - but as we know, many players are experiencing latency in GW2, so it's not client-sided, that's for certain).

However, what @Nicko.8473 describes is obviously latency, not lag - so in that regard you were right: lowering any graphics settings will not solve the problem.

For the past 24+ hours, I've been getting some intense lag spikes and DC's problems. I'm usually under 300ms ping (which is good for Australia) and things run fairly smoothly, but starting from around last night, it all went to hell.

At first, even the wiki wouldn't fully load, no matter what I did, then on jumping in game, initial login took longer then usual and once in game, ping was between 1-4k before it then DC'd on me. Since then, during PvE, PvP and WvW, I've been getting times when all was just fine and then big lag spike, I could move around but no other screen updates of other players, etc would happen. It would either stay like that and force me to Alt F4 or I would get a Network error and have to restart the client again. At which point it would be OK for a while before happening again.

There's no other network activity going on at the same time, all other Internet stuff works normal and I've not changed or updated anything.

Ping times in WvW on HoD today were over 4k.

I wasn't the only one with massive connection issues to the game and many of us lost connection over and over.

I can't play a single world boss -- not one -- the screen freezes so much so that I can't do a thing except turn off my computer and restart it, or I get to the end and get popped out to the loading screen.

This isn't getting better, it's become unplayable for many of us.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Have you tried using a VPN that takes a different path to the GW2 servers?

Anet's 'path' is the most convoluted I've ever seen to any server on the net.

90% of the time a traceroute will not complete for GW2 when all other traceroutes run at the same time complete with little to no loss.

GW2 comes up with 100% packet loss a LOT, no connection that is valid . I get 'network' game errors in WvW and even in DR or LA dozens of times a day or more and have the screenshots to show anyone -- I just wish these issues would get the attention they need.

No, I am not on wifi.

I am on a very expensive gigabit connection.

My settings are consistently lower than they should be for a game that used to load and work so much better than it does now.

And no, I not overseas. I am in Nevada, largest city here, Las Vegas, like I said, gigabit connection and no game that works so much so that I have to reboot my machine when it locks up so much so that even task manager won 't work...

• 3 weeks later...

@"Anthonev.6452" said:As a follow up, the Network error code I"m getting is - 14:4:5:1746:101Which isn't much help, since on looking up the common error codes, that one doesn't seem to exist.I've been getting this exact same error number now. I'm getting DCed with network error a LOT recently (say, in the last 1-2 months). This happens while I stream music or online TV without interruption, so my internet connection is fine. Of course I also tried to shut everything else down while playing, and still get the errors. I really wonder what happened in the last few weeks - this was never this bad.

My lag and disconnects started yesterday morning and is getting progressively worse. This morning I got Disconnected 5 times. My average ping is 100 to 150 but last two days gw2 my average ping is over 600 with it going all the way up over 2000 ping. This is a GW2 and hope they resolve it soon.

Even though I have already fixed the game files, reconnected the internet and restarted my computer, the lag still happens everywhere, the maps in Tyria, World versus World mode including the Lobby of Player versus Player mode. Ping is between 300 to 4,500+ and FPS drops from 30 to 2 severely. I can seldom move my character as I wish. It has been like this for a few days.