Farming mid-level crafting mats?

Ajji.6031

How do I farm lower level mats such as Gossamer scraps or iron ore?

I literally spent 4 hours just now mining iron as I completed maps. I got maybe 200 pieces of ore. I looked it up on google and I only see articles from 2012-2015.

I think the stacks of green, blue, and yellow unid gear was something that was released in the 3-4 years I was away from the game. Should I just buy a couple character slots and park characters at level 30 and 60 and have them salvage those?

@Ajji.6031 said:How do I farm lower level mats such as Gossamer scraps or iron ore?

I literally spent 4 hours just now mining iron as I completed maps. I got maybe 200 pieces of ore. I looked it up on google and I only see articles from 2012-2015.

I think the stacks of green, blue, and yellow unid gear was something that was released in the 3-4 years I was away from the game. Should I just buy a couple character slots and park characters at level 30 and 60 and have them salvage those?

The unided gear is always lvl 80 now even if opened on lower level characters.

You need to save bags of masterwork gear and champion bags and open them on lower level characters.

Gossamer is low level?

Ores and logs are pretty easy as that is just a matter of knowing locations and paths. In this regard old articles work fine. There haven't really been any changes to the locations or patterns of resource node spawns. The only thing that has really changed for gathering is the availability of glyphs and tools with baked in glyphs that can increase your gathering results.