IN Fractals/ Occupational discrimination

Flying.8942

To be honest, I'm tired of having a fixed career to complete the entire Fractals,In all the LFG teams, what I can see are basically fixed occupations, HFB? ALAC? BS? If DPS is needed, DH.Weaver.Sb. seldom sees any party needing other occupations as DPS.........Condi? no!!! The first time someone sees you, they're already thinking about kicking you out of the party..........

If people have done fractals hundreds if not thousands of times, why would they use condi except in a handful of fractals such as Sunqua Peak?

The only condi build remotely decent in most fractals is condi firebrand due to the low ramp time on burning and the strong power damage output.

I also disagree power alac renegade needs nerfing, condi RR (full viper double renegade with Righteous Rebel) is the only outlier and requires two of them. If alac renegade is nerfed then people will just run chronos, as the damage output of StM chrono is higher and using a full boon chrono you have more role compression.

If you've been playing long enough you would remember we had full warrior + ele in core and then druid+chrono comps.

Let me guess, you don't play Guardian, Revenant, Ranger, Elementalist or Warrior? If you did you probably would not complain about HFB/alac/BS/SB/weaver...

There's nothing wrong with holo as DPS or staff daredevil as DPS (especially in fractals with skips), chrono has a bit of a ramp time for its power damage due to he way shatters work and people still use it outside of LFG. Scourge is common in fractal 100 , Mai Trin (95), and sometimes in Siren's Reef (78) at the end boss (Arabella Crowe) but generally anywhere you would bring reaper you'd want holo unless your party's quickness is horrendous (especially because places with low adds will mean your shroud uptime is poor).

@Flying.8942 said:To be honest, I'm tired of having a fixed career to complete the entire Fractals,In all the LFG teams, what I can see are basically fixed occupations, HFB? ALAC? BS? If DPS is needed, DH.Weaver.Sb. seldom sees any party needing other occupations as DPS.........Condi? no!!! The first time someone sees you, they're already thinking about kicking you out of the party..........

That's odd. I personally run t4 dailies with my open world weaver build. It's pure condi (dire) and not meta at all. I never get any complaints and have certainly never been kicked. I've even done the CMs just fine.

I don't usually mention it unless asked, but that usually comes up only if I'm surviving unusually well for a weaver!

It really just depends when you queue up for Fractals. People that run CMs tend to want slightly more specific compositions because minimizing boss phases minimizes the corresponding number of mechanics, and generally reduces the complexity of boss attack patterns that only occur at pseudo-enrage timers. The T4 + Rec groups really aren't all that picky anymore unless you're doing like 3-5k DPS with the Firebrigade boon cocktail. The best thing you can do is really to just make your own groups. You don't "need" any specific class to do Fractals; it's just about boon-access, how you're going to scale your group's damage, and mitigate instabilities or fractal specific anguish.

I did a regular 99 Nightmare w/ no boon supports a few weeks ago and it was some of the most fun I've had in quite a while because people had to play well. I've done Mai Trin on my Engineer in T2 progression on my alt account spamming condi-cleanse / healing turret, & Elixir Gun's Super Elixir / Acid Bomb and fumigator (3). The reason people ask for Firebrigade (Meta/Non-Meta) variants is because it covers the widest array of options with the least degree of stress, anxiety or communication.

@Infusion.7149 said:If people have done fractals hundreds if not thousands of times, why would they use condi except in a handful of fractals such as Sunqua Peak?

The only condi build remotely decent in most fractals is condi firebrand due to the low ramp time on burning and the strong power damage output.

Actually cfb is not remotely decent, it is completely busted in normal t4s. You will outburst every power build outside of 400kp groups. Especially hfb groups with their forever lasting phases.Every class except maybe chrono has a strong fractal build. This reads like somebody got mad because the group wouldnt accept his trailblazer/celestiel scourge. Just dont play scourge, reaper is so much better. The only exception is 100.

Problem with condi is most/every fractal (besides CM100) are short burst fights to phase the fight faster. CFB is the exception and can top dps in any CM or T4 daily.

Also, I run holo exclusively in CMs (condi for 100 of course) and have 0 issues. Typically top dps or come in after CFB with a fractal X title. I also rarely run BS even in pugs although is preferred on swap after CM100.

Sounds like it may be a get gud response if whatever class you play isn’t accepted. As long as you can do decent dps in the tier you’re in, you should be golden.