I Am So New At 2v2/3v3 And How It Works! |HALP

Onlyflameone.2136

Greetings dear friends!

Yes, yes, I am a pvp-er, and I have always loved it! I quited WoW for GW2 and I do not regret. It is like GW2 is better in almost every way! Not to mention I barely see any toxic people here, compared to WoW.

The one thing I am still new with is the arena system here. I have a Warrior boosted, when got the PoF, but now I switched to Guardian, still leveling up, and rushing early battlegrounds. So I have few questions about the PvP and I will try to be as clear as I can:

|1| Since I am used to the WoW arena system, how do I apply for 2v2 and 3v3 here? What do I need to apply for those brackets (level/items/ranks something?). Can you explain in detail, bacause I saw there are PvP vendors in the PvP loby zone, but I still can't understand how and why should I earn different gears, since in PvP gear doesn't count.

|2| Are there any rated rankings for the arena? How do I check them, and what are the rewards? How the ladder system works?

|3| How do I find my partner for 2v2? Since I came from WoW - their arena system? Was really easy for me to just open a tab ingame, for 2v2 ladder lets say where players were looking for partners and just apply to whoever player I choose. Then we get into immediate party and queue for the 2v2.

Sorry if I am not that clear, hope you guys are willing to help a friend, PvP-er, and hope we meet ingame!

Best wishes!Onlyflameone

There are 2 modes, Ranked and Unranked.

Unranked is always 5v5.

Ranked alternates between 5v5, 3v3, 2v2, only one active at a time. It is currently a 5v5 season, therefore 2v2/3v3 are not available.

You queue for either ranked or unranked by clicking the crossed-swords for the pvp menu. You can queue up solo and you'll be automatically put into a team with other people.

Gear, levelling, etc. is only relevant to PvE/WvW, it makes no difference in PvP. If you're only going to PvP, then you can just buy the most basic basic weapons and armour.

You should equip armour as well. It doesn't matter what armour, it can be common or legendary is all the same, just as long as you've got something equipped on all body slots. It gives some additional toughness, but the stats on the armour don't make any difference in PvP. All stats in PvP derive from amulet and runes.

Pvp gear can be either crafted or farmed during the season, which gives you ascended ‘marks’ every season that act as a currency from vendors. Also it’s possible to complete achievements in ranked for a legendary backpack and achievements + ascended shards of glory which are also won in ranked that you use to craft high level pvp armor