Current DirectX versions

Ghos.1326

Yes, but I don't want to have to depend on using an add-on for a current directx version that also bugs out the faces of the enemy players, and my own things in game, especially particularly on the character selection screen.

This game is poorly optimized and even with DX11/12 it wouldn’t support multithreading, DX11 and above does support multithreading, but core game doesn’t, so it wouldn’t have any effect about that, it would improve performance a bit, but not by much. It would be nice, but I doubt it will ever happen, they would most likely have to build around a whole new engine and that won't happen anytime soon, if at all.

Native DX12 support would be amazing, but it's really impossible to overstate just how much work it would require. Moving from DX9 to something multithreaded with 12 would involve rebuilding huge parts of the engine the game is running on. The fact that the game runs "good enough" generally probably means there won't ever be a big push to sink that many dev resources into that kind of project.

Yes, but I don't want to have to depend on using an add-on for a current directx version that also bugs out the faces of the enemy players, and my own things in game, especially particularly on the character selection screen.

There are no bugs or issues with the latest release. Issues with cut-scenes were fixed a while-back including character portrait bugs. :)

https://github.com/megai2/d912pxy/releases/tag/v2.3.1h2