Calm in the Storm and Rally allies - I don't understand what I am supposed to do

aikatara.3462

I apologize if this is a stupid question and I may be simply too tired, but can someone please explain to me how these bonus events work that follow the latest living world chapter and why Calm in the Storm doesn't continue? Because I am completely lost and confused.

So I completed the chapter. Now it states in the upper right corner:

Calm in the StormReady your allies...Speak with Lady Camilla

Speaking to Lady Camilla does nothing though but as far as I understood the other thread this only continues when the next chapter releases?

Then I have this bonus event tab below the "Daily"-Tab, there is an achievement that says "Rallying the Ebon Vanguard" and I am supposed to donate 5 tokens, but I don't know where I am supposed to donate them.There is Jonna (Rally event), who just says one sentence to me, and the factions merchant where I can spent my my "Ebon Vanguard support marks". But I don't understand the mechanics surrounding those marks either: Where did I get them and what do they do?

And what about the Crystal Bloom order bonus event, which I missed. Is that bad? Or is it just a timed bonus event and it doesn't matter whether I do them or not (aside from missing achievement points and rewards).

I read the wiki entries, I read the thread about Calm in the Storm here on the forums but I still don't understand what I am supposed to do and how those bonus events work.

Thanks in advance for your help.

We are supposed to wait for the next part of Episode 5 to be released (which presumably will be around mid January).It's a not exactly a good design decision, but they decided to release the episode in pieces.

The bonus events are over for now.But they weren't worth it anyway.

As for the Ebon Vanguard marks:We had one week during the Ebon vanguard rally bonus event, where we had dailies in Fields of Ruin to earn them, or via doing Response Missions.But now, the only way to get those marks is by trading in crafting materials at the vendor next to Jonna.The Crystal Bloom bonus event largely was the same, but we only reached tier 3 out of five planned tiers.

@"aikatara.3462" said:I apologize if this is a stupid question and I may be simply too tired, but can someone please explain to me how these bonus events work that follow the latest living world chapter and why Calm in the Storm doesn't continue? Because I am completely lost and confused.

So I completed the chapter. Now it states in the upper right corner:

Calm in the StormReady your allies...Speak with Lady Camilla

Speaking to Lady Camilla does nothing though but as far as I understood the other thread this only continues when the next chapter releases?

Then I have this bonus event tab below the "Daily"-Tab, there is an achievement that says "Rallying the Ebon Vanguard" and I am supposed to donate 5 tokens, but I don't know where I am supposed to donate them.There is Jonna (Rally event), who just says one sentence to me, and the factions merchant where I can spent my my "Ebon Vanguard support marks". But I don't understand the mechanics surrounding those marks either: Where did I get them and what do they do?

And what about the Crystal Bloom order bonus event, which I missed. Is that bad? Or is it just a timed bonus event and it doesn't matter whether I do them or not (aside from missing achievement points and rewards).

I read the wiki entries, I read the thread about Calm in the Storm here on the forums but I still don't understand what I am supposed to do and how those bonus events work.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You cant donate them anymore the event ended dec 8th.EditAnd yes the story will continue sometime in januaryYou wont miss any ap you can buy all the boxes for tyrian defence marks at other vendor.

Ah thanks, I see :-). So it's a "release in pieces" combined with two timed bonus events I both missed. I finally figured out that you can still complete the donation achievement by buying stuff from the factions vendor (I had the five marks for some reason), so I go this achievement (and the other after talking to Jonna). In case someone is wondering about that.

@Tony.8659 said:Did Anet say anything about Ebon Vanguard Support Marks? I been saving them because I bought everything with them. They should let us know, yes they might be useful in the next update in January or no you can just spend them. Why is it so hard to tell us?

They aren't useful in later episodes. These marks are all 1 week events to trade in then if for some reason you don't trade them in they will end up on the other vender so you can trade them for 5 tyrian def seals.