Guard Focus 4

Ovark.2514

@Ovark.2514 said:

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:There's already a giant glowy effect when it's cast that gives ot away. What more do you need?

I need a chance to dodge. It's always just a little bit faster than every other especially dangerous attack. I would blame my internet connection except I am able to dodge all other prominent damaging attacks.The animation is terrible, people dodge after it hits cause the telegraph animation and the sound effect play after the skill goes off. The rework on the skill was bad and like allot of mechanical changes done in PoF it is Bad for PVP and easy to use PVE.

@DoomNexus.5324 said:

@snoow.1694 said:Literally one of the most dodged Guardian skills ever with a long animation before it even starts

By that logic Death's Judgement used to be totally balanced as well.

If you look at only that aspect, but even then you're still wrong. DJ has never had a CD and could be done as many times as you want if you had the initiative, and now every time you stealth. 4 second reveal? Just remove it. When Guardian missed focus 4, it's on full CD.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

@"snoow.1694" said:Literally one of the most dodged Guardian skills ever with a long animation before it even starts

If you look at only that aspect, but even then you're still wrong. DJ has never had a CD and could be done as many times as you want if you had the initiative, and now every time you stealth. 4 second reveal? Just remove it. When Guardian missed focus 4, it's on full CD.

So having no CD automatically means "could be spamed" regardless of any other resources that have to be spent - got it.Initiative is also just a very minor factor indeed, it's like thieves have an infinite amount that recharges instantly.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:Meh, I find it very dodge-able when Im focused ( pun intended ) but when im chilling I find myself always 0,1s too late lolIt is little bit off, compared to other similar skills, like when mirage had 1 second dodge instead of 3/4 and really fucked with peoples timing, really small difference that really fucks with your brain.Also it is throw away skill for guardian that does shit ton of free damage, any other class would kill to have a dot power damage that slaps conditions on top while being one and done cast, it be their bread and butter skill on a damage set. You know how most off hands have one really amazing skill and the other is kinda meh but kinda fine since you get the other skill, guard focus just has 2 great skills on it.

@DoomNexus.5324 said:

@"snoow.1694" said:Literally one of the most dodged Guardian skills ever with a long animation before it even starts

So having no CD automatically means "could be spamed" regardless of any other resources that have to be spent - got it.Initiative is also just a very minor factor indeed, it's like thieves have an infinite amount that recharges instantly.

In comparison to Focus 4, absolutely. You miss it and it's full CD, DJ could be used as many times as you had resources for.

@Vancho.8750 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:Meh, I find it very dodge-able when Im focused ( pun intended ) but when im chilling I find myself always 0,1s too late lolIt is little bit off, compared to other similar skills, like when mirage had 1 second dodge instead of 3/4 and really kitten with peoples timing, really small difference that really kitten with your brain.Also it is throw away skill for guardian that does kitten ton of free damage, any other class would kill to have a dot power damage that slaps conditions on top while being one and done cast, it be their bread and butter skill on a damage set. You know how most off hands have one really amazing skill and the other is kinda meh but kinda fine since you get the other skill, guard focus just has 2 great skills on it.

except few guard builds take focus because every guard offhand is great. Shield is almost always better than focus unless you REALLY need damage.

It's one of the most absurdly counter-playable skills in the game.

Not only can you dodge/block/blind the initial application, if it lands you can do the same with subsequent ticks, and you can heal part-way through the damage happening, unlike any other power attack.

Nobody, literally nobody, is taking Focus for the #4. The #5 is the only value, and even then people only take Focus because Torch is trash and there are no other options if you've already got shield on your other set. The fact that this is even a topic on this forum is just....... /sigh

@Zephoid.4263 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:Meh, I find it very dodge-able when Im focused ( pun intended ) but when im chilling I find myself always 0,1s too late lolIt is little bit off, compared to other similar skills, like when mirage had 1 second dodge instead of 3/4 and really kitten with peoples timing, really small difference that really kitten with your brain.Also it is throw away skill for guardian that does kitten ton of free damage, any other class would kill to have a dot power damage that slaps conditions on top while being one and done cast, it be their bread and butter skill on a damage set. You know how most off hands have one really amazing skill and the other is kinda meh but kinda fine since you get the other skill, guard focus just has 2 great skills on it.

except few guard builds take focus because every guard offhand is great. Shield is almost always better than focus unless you REALLY need damage.That is exactly the thing all weapons on guard are great, even if shield is better overall, focus is amazing for melee, all other classes are wondering which weapon to use that is not complete dud. And some reworks on weapons added too much powercreep, without addressing all classes, for example did the GS on ranger really need 3 second block that flips to 3/4 evade knockback skill or in this case, did focus really need the Spear of Adun laser.