[Elite Suggestion] Necro-stein

Regon Phoenix.8215

Quick description of the elite: a mixture between engineer and necromancer. This elite would copy lots of this from necromancer, but maintain its own engineer oriented twist.

Adept Minor TraitYou now can use Mace in your main hand and allow you to use Minion abilities.Replace your toolbelt skills with Extra Limbs as F1, F2 and F3. Your F1 depends on your healing skill. Your F2 depends on your elite skills.

Adept Major Trait LineMajor Trait 1Your F1 increases your healing power by 100 for 6 seconds.Major Trait 2Your F2 now poisons all enemies hit. Poison: 2 stacks for 6 seconds.Major Trait 3Your F3 now inflicts 1 second of fear on all affected enemies.

-

Master Minor TraitWhen you down an enemy, then you inflict fear on all other nearby enemies for 1 second. Radius: 300.

Master Major Trait LineMajor Trait 4Your "Mace 3" now also heal all your minions and turrets for 200% of healing it does to you. Increase your healing power, power and condition damage by 50 while wielding a mace.Major Trait 5Your bio-mechanic hand will occasionally shoot a poisoned dart at your target inflict 1 stack of poison for 5 sec. Range: 900. Cooldown: 10 sec.Major Trait 6When you gain stability, then you also inflict 1 sec of fear on all nearby enemies. Radius: 300. Cooldown: 30 sec.

-

Grandmaster Minor TraitScoring a critical hit will cause your next auto-attack to inflict fear on your target for 1 sec. Cooldown: 20 sec.

Grandmaster Major Trait LineMajor Trait 7Whenever you gain a boon, then share it with your minions. Range: 600.Major Trait 8When you inflict 5 stacks of poison or more on an enemy, then corrupt up to 2 boons on them. Cooldown: 10 sec.Major Trait 9Fear you inflict now deals damage (Same as necromancer's Terror trait). Increase duration of fear you inflict by 33%.

Mace 1First hit of three hit chain. Hit your target and build up electricity.

• Casting time: 1/2 sec
  • Range: 180
  • Damage: 250 (scales with power)

-

Mace 1Second hit of three hit chain. Hit your target, cripple it and build up electricity.

• Range: 180
  • Damage: 300 (scales with power)
  • Cripple: 1 sec

-

Mace 1Third hit of three hit chain. Release lightning in front of you dealing damage to all enemies.

• Casting time: 1 sec
  • Range: 240
  • Damage: 550 (scales with power)

-

Mace 2Shoot out poisonous spike at your target.

• Cooldown: 6 sec
  • Range: 600
  • Pierce
  • Damage: 350 (Scales with power)
  • Poison: 3 stacks for 6 sec

-

Mace 3Create poisonous field for few seconds at targeted location. After it expires, if you are within it, then you get healed for some health.

• Casting time: 3/4 sec
  • Range: 600
  • Radius: 240
  • Duration: 3
  • Damage (3x): 900 (Scales with power)
  • Pulses: 3
  • Poison: 1 stack for 6 sec
  • Poison combo field
  • Healing: 300 (scales with healing power)

Healing MinionMinion: Summon a Minion which will follow you and channel a healing energy onto you. It does not attack enemies.Active: Overcharge your Healing Minion to increase all healing it does by 100% for 6 secs.

• Cooldown: 40 sec
  • Healing per sec: 200 (scales with healing power)
  • Healing range: 450
  • Active cooldown: 20 sec

-

Utility Minion 1Minion: Summon a Minion which will follow you, attack your enemies and cripple enemies it hit.Active: Overcharge this Minion to increase its attack speed by 100% for 6 seconds.

• Cooldown: 50 sec
  • Minion attack speed: 2 sec
  • Minion attack damage: 200 (scales with attack power)
  • Minion attack range: 240
  • Cripple: 1 sec

-

Utility Minion 2Minion: Summon a Minion which will follow you, attack your enemies at range and poison them.Active: Overcharge this minion causing it transfer up to 2 conditions from you and inflict all conditions from itself unto any enemy it his within next 6 seconds.

• Minion attack speed: 3 sec
  • Minion attack damage: 280 (scales with attack power)
  • Minion attack range: 900
  • Poison: 1 stack for 3 sec
  • Active cooldown: 30 sec

-

Utility Minion 3Minion: Summon a Minion which will follow you, attack your enemies and constantly transfer a condition from you onto itself.Active: Cause this Minion teleport to you and stunbreak you.

• Minion attack speed: 1 sec
  • Minion attack damage: 160 (scales with attack power)
  • Condition transfer distance: 600
  • Condition transfer interval: every 6 sec

-

Utility Minion 4Minion: Summon a Minion which will follow you and heal your other minions or turrets.Active: Overcharge this Minion to grant stability and resistance to all nearby allies.

• Minion healing per sec: 300 (scales with healing power)
  • Minion healing range range: 300
  • Active radius: 600
  • Active cooldown: 40 sec
  • Stability: 1 stack for 6 sec
  • Resistance: 3 sec

-

Elite MinionMinion: Summon a Minion which will follow you and attack your target.Active: Cause this minion to roar and inflict fear on all nearby enemies after 1 second delay.

• Casting time: 2 sec
  • Cooldown: 90 sec
  • Minion attack speed: 1 and 1/2 sec
  • Minion attack damage: 360 (scales with attack power)
  • Active cooldown: 50 sec
  • Fear: 2 sec
  • Active radius: 300

F1Activate bio-mechanic hand granting you special effect based on your healing utility skill. Lasts for 6 seconds.Elixir: heal yourself and transform 1 condition on yourself into a boon.Engineering Kit: heal yourself and all nearby allies.Gadget: heal yourself instantly and for same amount after 3 second delay.Turret: heal yourself and grant regeneration to yourself.

• Cooldown: 15 sec
  • Healing: 800 (scales with healing power)
  • Radius: 300
  • Regeneration: 3 sec

-

F2Activate bio-mechanic hand to attack your enemies in a cone and trigger additional effect based on your elite utility skill.Elixir: deal damage to enemies and inflict poison on them.Engineering Kit: deal damage to enemies (counts as explosion).Turret: deals damage to enemies and pull them to yourself.

• Cooldown: 15 sec
  • Range: 450
  • Damage: 550 (scales with power)
  • Poison: 2 stacks for 4 sec

-

F3Activate both your bio-mechanic hands to hit all nearby enemies and steal up to 1 boon from all enemies hit.

• Casting time: 3/4 sec
  • Cooldown: 20 sec
  • Radius: 300
  • Damage: 650 (scales with power)

Tools traits synergy:Static Discharge -> Discharge 3 bolts when F3 is activated.Kinetic Battery -> Grants 2 stacks when F1 or F2 is activated, grants 3 stacks when F3 is activated.

@Samug.6512 said:Oh god not another AI spec. ANet can't even get the turrets right, and removed autonomus gyros from Scrapper, but you people still insist...

Unfortunately, people always suggest more AI for engineer. I get it, the engineer class is something that should have a great AI playstyle. The ability to build turrets has been one of the main reasons I created my engineer back then in the first place.

But the solution for this is not giving us an elite spec with another set of AI skills.... the solution is to make Anet FINALLY rework turrets to be worth anything at all!

GolemancerI would prefer Engineer + Ranger instead.Toolbelt should be replaced with 1 customizable pet, a new style Golem. Weapon could be a staff like a tuning rod. Utilities could be support / Condition totems that you lay out. The totems would be a mixture of wells and banners.

TechnomancerIf it was Engineer + Necromancer, id prefer Engi getting a Mech like suit instead of the toolbelt to be similar to Necro shroud.

@MatyrGustav.6210 said:GolemancerI would prefer Engineer + Ranger instead.Toolbelt should be replaced with 1 customizable pet, a new style Golem. Weapon could be a staff like a tuning rod. Utilities could be support / Condition totems that you lay out. The totems would be a mixture of wells and banners.

TechnomancerIf it was Engineer + Necromancer, id prefer Engi getting a Mech like suit instead of the toolbelt to be similar to Necro shroud.

@MatyrGustav.6210 said:GolemancerI would prefer Engineer + Ranger instead.Toolbelt should be replaced with 1 customizable pet, a new style Golem. Weapon could be a staff like a tuning rod. Utilities could be support / Condition totems that you lay out. The totems would be a mixture of wells and banners.

I prefer not to get AI for our elite spec. Also holosmith already has been heavily Asuran flavoured, hence why I personally dislike the idea of a golemancer elite spec.

Technomancer with a mech also is too similar to holosmith, but this time in gameplay. Our photon forge is basically our death shroud, just without the health replacement.

My personal take on the engineer + necromancer combination would be a "plague doctor" spec, someone who controls the field through the usage of acids, poisonous fumes and such. An alchemical themed elite spec (since we are lacking that, scrapper has the mechanical aspects and holosmith the scifi aspects, but the alchemical side of engineering is still not explored in elite specs).

@Kodama.6453 said:

@MatyrGustav.6210 said:GolemancerI would prefer Engineer + Ranger instead.Toolbelt should be replaced with 1 customizable pet, a new style Golem. Weapon could be a staff like a tuning rod. Utilities could be support / Condition totems that you lay out. The totems would be a mixture  of wells and banners.

@MatyrGustav.6210 said:GolemancerI would prefer Engineer + Ranger instead.Toolbelt should be replaced with 1 customizable pet, a new style Golem. Weapon could be a staff like a tuning rod. Utilities could be support / Condition totems that you lay out. The totems would be a mixture  of wells and banners.

I prefer not to get AI for our elite spec. Also holosmith already has been heavily Asuran flavoured, hence why I personally dislike the idea of a golemancer elite spec.

The AI for Ranger is all right since there are functions to control who they attack.

Technomancer with a mech also is too similar to holosmith, but this time in gameplay. Our photon forge is basically our death shroud, just without the health replacement.

My personal take on the engineer + necromancer combination would be a "plague doctor" spec, someone who controls the field through the usage of acids, poisonous fumes and such. An alchemical themed elite spec (since we are lacking that, scrapper has the mechanical aspects and holosmith the scifi aspects, but the alchemical side of engineering is still not explored in elite specs).

Hmmm, I see your points. If we are speaking on whats needed for the engineer thats not similar to what Especs they currently have? I would say the plague doctor is on the right track, but it should cover more niches.

Alchemist

• The weapon would be a Staff. The new Utility line would be called "Brew ". Alchemists would brew potions over time, in which would create multiple use Ammo for them.

• Their toolbelt would be replaced with an "Alchemy Bag". In which would have 3 static skills they can use. They also gain access to weapon swap 

• Each Brew is thrown and would have a Field well effect. Fire explosions, Poison Field, Healing fields etc.

Just a rough idea, but i would want something that covers more range than just poison.

@"MatyrGustav.6210" said:Hmmm, I see your points. If we are speaking on whats needed for the engineer thats not similar to what Especs they currently have? I would say the plague doctor is on the right track, but it should cover more niches.

Alchemist

• The weapon would be a Staff. The new Utility line would be called "Brew ". Alchemists would brew potions over time, in which would create multiple use Ammo for them.

• Their toolbelt would be replaced with an "Alchemy Bag". In which would have 3 static skills they can use. They also gain access to weapon swap 

• Each Brew is thrown and would have a Field well effect. Fire explosions, Poison Field, Healing fields etc.

Just a rough idea, but i would want something that covers more range than just poison.

Of course it should cover more than just poison, the stuff with poison and acid was just my explanation how such an elite spec would have a thematical connection to the necromancer.

I envisioned the plague doctor as a support elite spec, which also improves the engineer's ability to deal condition damage. Kinda like what scourge has been for the necromancer.They could get fumes and other stuff to share boons with their allies, maybe even have some healing added (although engineer already has quite good healing already).

I disagree with your "alchemy bag" idea, since static toolbelt skills for the engineer are terrible in my opinion. It takes away too much customization and weapon swap can't make up for that at all, since engineer is lacking the weapon pool to really get good use out of the weapon swap mechanic.

Instead, I personally thought that they should get a device called "fumigator". It replaces the F5 key and when activated, it will replace the F1-F4 skills with new ones. Basically a photon forge for the toolbelt. It would preserve the engineer's versatility and give us new great synergy with some traits for toolbelts, especially for the support role. Soothing detonations, for example, heals whenever we use a toolbelt skill. With this mechanic, we could get additional toolbelt skills to pump out more healing.

This looks quite fun, but not necessarily meshing well with the engineer. But at least it's unique! I can imagine though, just looking at it quickly, with a firebrand this would become quite OP in WvW. How? Simple: Get in a party with a firebrand (who provides a lot of stab). Then take traits 3/6/8 and build as tanky (e.g. Plaguedoctor or Apothecary or Shaman). Also get something like purity of purpose. Slot Elixir Gun (fumigate), Minion 2 and 4 and the elite. You'd be able to basically walk into a raid, heal and provide cleanses to some degree, and just constantly pump out AoE fear. There are likely other combinations which would be even more obnoxious.

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

@Samug.6512 said:Oh god not another AI spec. ANet can't even get the turrets right, and removed autonomus gyros from Scrapper, but you people still insist...

No no. Minions are fun. Haven't you seen necromancer running around with minions? Doesn't that look like fun?

When I want to do that, I play necromancer.

Or, back in the day when it actually worked, turret engineer. Fix turrets, don't replace them.

@Handin.4032 said:This looks quite fun, but not necessarily meshing well with the engineer. But at least it's unique! I can imagine though, just looking at it quickly, with a firebrand this would become quite OP in WvW. How? Simple: Get in a party with a firebrand (who provides a lot of stab). Then take traits 3/6/8 and build as tanky (e.g. Plaguedoctor or Apothecary or Shaman). Also get something like purity of purpose. Slot Elixir Gun (fumigate), Minion 2 and 4 and the elite. You'd be able to basically walk into a raid, heal and provide cleanses to some degree, and just constantly pump out AoE fear. There are likely other combinations which would be even more obnoxious.

Well, AOE fear does have cooldown, but i see what you mean. This could work and would offer quite an unique combinations for various scenarios.