Lost about 10-15 fps?

Hello!

I don't have the beefiest computers, but usually it can hold at about 30 fps, 25 maybe. I know that's horrible by today's standards but whatever, i make it work.But recently, the FPS dropped to like 15 at the lowest subsample settings, and the player models set to low and lowest number drawn. When i started playing this game and had way worse hardware, the game didn't run this bad.

Was there an update or something? Did something get "tweaked"? Cause i'm seeing FPS drops and it's getting to unplayable levels.

I know anet probably has other things to do but, can someone please work on optimising the game? An 8 year old game shouldn't run this bad, even on "lower" hardware...

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Try delete the Local.dat and the GW2 temp folders:
(steps 2+3)

That thread is about a black screen though. Is it safe to do that in my situation?

Do not listen to him mate. He must be one of the trihards that are still defending the game (flawless performance) . The game is running on bad performance atm and it is affecting a lot of people. The staff mentioned that 2 days ago as they stated that they are working on it ( but we all know, they care about making money off cosmetics and gems instead of doing a real work ) so not going to happen any time soon

@sammokdadd.3602 said:

(steps 2+3)

That thread is about a black screen though. Is it safe to do that in my situation?

Do not listen to him mate. He must be one of the trihards that are still defending the game (flawless performance) . The game is running on bad performance atm and it is affecting a lot of people. The staff mentioned that 2 days ago as they stated that they are working on it ( but we all know, they care about making money off cosmetics and gems instead of doing a real work ) so not going to happen any time soon

Well i'm not opposed to them making money, but the game's performance is honestly kind of unacceptable for such an old game. My hardware should run the game just fine, and i can run even more demanding games at better FPS than Guild Wars 2.

But if they started tweaking some optimisations recently as you said, that would explain why it's behaving like it is.Hopefully they don't stop mid way and actually make sure the game runs.

I had better performance when i had a 512MB GFX card and an older processor honestly... And i can't see what's so demanding about GW2 graphics that it can't run smoothly at least at medium settings.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

(steps 2+3)

Of course it is safe. (I just wasn't in the mood to type it all down again for the hundredth time. ;) )

Nothing bad will happen to your game. You'll only have to redo your graphics settings, keybinds etc will remain untouched.

@"sammokdadd.3602" said:Do not listen to him mate. He must be one of the trihards that are still defending the game (flawless performance) .

1. I am female.
  2. Where did I "defend the game"?? I am one of its most vocal critics, including its technical limitations. WTH?! :s

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Try delete the Local.dat and the GW2 temp folders:
(steps 2+3)

Of course it is safe. (I just wasn't in the mood to type it all down again for the hundredth time. ;) )

Nothing bad will happen to your game. You'll only have to redo your graphics settings, keybinds etc will remain untouched.

@"sammokdadd.3602" said:Do not listen to him mate. He must be one of the trihards that are still defending the game (flawless performance) .
  1. I am female.
  2. Where did I "defend the game"?? I am one of its most vocal critics, including its technical limitations. WTH?! :s

Cool, i'll try it then if it can't hurt. :smile: Thank you!I'm not participating in that second part of the post lol. :tongue: I didn't say anyone is anything, i just asked if it's safe. :wink:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:Cool, i'll try it then if it can't hurt. :smile: Thank you!

Do that. It's wise to do it every once in a while as it can solve quite a few problems. :)

I'm not participating in that second part of the post lol. :tongue: I didn't say anyone is anything, i just asked if it's safe. :wink:

I was quoting the person who did, and they must have mistaken me for someone else, obviously. I never said anything about a "flawless performance" or the like. (shrugs)

Oh well, let me know if it's gotten better after you performed said steps. I know that many people have been complaining about FPS drops after the last patch, so it is likely a global issue and none that you can solve locally on your system (not to mention the latency issues that often occur for many players - I just had that happen yesterday doing the DRMs, sudden skill lags, hmph).

But since it was said that "they are working on it", there is hope. ;)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:Cool, i'll try it then if it can't hurt. :smile: Thank you!

Do that. It's wise to do it every once in a while as it can solve quite a few problems. :)

I'm not participating in that second part of the post lol. :tongue: I didn't say anyone is anything, i just asked if it's safe. :wink:

I was quoting the person who did, and they must have mistaken me for someone else, obviously. I never said anything about a "flawless performance" or the like. (
shrugs
)

Oh well, let me know if it's gotten better after you performed said steps. I know that many people have been complaining about FPS drops after the last patch, so it is likely a global issue and none that you can solve locally on your system (not to mention the latency issues that often occur for many players - I just had that happen yesterday doing the DRMs, sudden skill lags, hmph).

But since it was said that "they are working on it", there is hope. ;)

Well i tried deleting those files. I re-did my graphics and it seems like it's a bit better in most maps. Thanks! Still not the performance i'd call acceptible for such an old game, but i'll take what i can get.Lion's Arch is still 10 fps and lower, and i imagine WvW will be like that as well, but since it looks like they tinkered with performance, i believe there's nothing i can do about it for now. I just hope they finally address the performance issues. No game this old should run this bad on what's considered "low" hardware today. Especially if that "low" hardware can run newer games without any problems. I mean, i can run Warframe with smooth 60 fps and that game looks 10 times better than GW2 and uses more resources. So clearly my hardware is not the problem, it's the game engine.

@maddoctor.2738 said:Are you sure you are checking the exact same zones? Because performance varies wildly based on zone

Yes. Even Lion's Arch now went form 10 fps to about 17 so i guess something worked. :tongue:I know performance varies. My point is - it shouldn't. That's not something we as players need to concern ourselves with when playing a game. I'm more than happy to tweak my settings, etc. to get the most from the perfomance i can, after all we're pc players, tweaking is kinda required. But beyond that - i can't tweak the engine. And considering how the game looks it should run at a smooth 60fps all the time. And i'm not saying it looks bad, just that - compared to other things that look 10 times better and still don't have any performance issues on my level of hardware - GW2 by that logic shouldn't have any issues at all.

Now, i don't program engines and blah blah, so i'm sure there's a reason, but it's high time they started working on performance of the game because even people with high end graphics cards are having issues. With the upcoming Steam release - this will look very bad to steam users that never played the game and don't know why that is. That is not acceptable and i'm glad they finally started doing something about it. Makes me happy to see they're not just interested in skins and cosmetics. If they need to overhaul the engine, then do that - the performance issues have gone on long enough. I mean, Black Desert Online ran better than Guild Wars 2. What does that tell me?

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:its the new backpacks. You have one of those in your view? Your fps drops by 5.

Really? I mean, it could be that when i was in WvW someone was wearing such backpacks...But this just further proves my point, the engine is in dire need of an optimisation. ASAP.