Choosing a profession >.< ( lack of info)

Artyrim.1945

Hello all. I'm new to gw and I need your help . I don't know which class to choose .In last 3-4 days I have tried all classes ( up to lvl 10,tried all weapon skills ) but I cannot pick one class as main.Many of them seem pretty similir on gameplay .But I don't know how they are at high-end pve/pvp. Playing a class for something like hundreds of hours,getting used to it just to find that is just a trash class.... is too much for me :/ .

My favorite classes for now are : Rev/Mes/Arcer/EleI like to play as dps not as support( can both but still i pref dps role)I need a class for both pve/pvp-solo(for now)/group, raids.I don't want it if is godlike in pve but a trash in pvp. I need something great/good in pvp- decent/good in pve. Something balanced or 60/70 % pvp - 40/30% pve (strength)I need a class that can be played after the incoming buffs/nerfs ( if you know)

• P.S.Got the Path of Fire ( for elites )
  • P.S.S. Is engi a boring class at max lvl? For now (lvl10) is pretty boring but reading in forum many people say that this class is good/ fun for both pve/pvpEdit. P.S.S.S. If the class has many builts to create / if is hard to play then is more than welcome for me. I like that part( got tired of grim dawn after making almost all classes/builts xD)

Thx all and sorry for making it long

You know you can go into PvP at level 2 and you're good to go right? PvP doesn't use levels or PvE gear, all classes are equal, and use PvP gear.

That said - don't pick your class based on which ones are "good" in PvP because that changes with each update. Pick the one that suits your playstyle. A class that might be good in PvP now migh be garbage for raids, and 3 months down the line, that could all change to whatever. You might as well feel godlike in PvE and trash in PvP with some classes. There's no rule. And most of how "good" you are in PvP comes from experience with the class mechanics and your skill.

Nothing is garbage for any mode though, and all classes are more or less "equal". They're not, but that's the idea.

If you're interested in Raids - check metabattle of snowcrows for meta builds and do those because anything else won't be accepted by that community.Open World - anything goes, all is good.Fractals - again, check the "meta" builds, but fractals are pretty forgiving until T4.PvP - completely different ruleset and you can't compare classes here to PvEWvW - also different but you use PvE gear here and you CAN'T use the same gear as you do on your PvE build because you will get instakilled most of the time. This is why i said that 1 class can't do all especially if you use just one type of gear. WvW uses different stats on the gear for the same classes than PvE does.

Just use the class that you like the mechanics and go from there - explore the class, learn it. Don't chase fads, those change all the time.

I would have a look at the videos on YouTube that multiple players have made re their builds etc. Level 10 isn't a good indicator of what your character will be like at level 80. There are build recommendations for leveling - particularly engi - that then are completely changed at level 80 because of the traits you now have available. Many of these are showcased on YouTube, with discussions around which runes/sigils to use. I've seen videos demonstrating builds for the same profession in PvE, PvP, and WvW, that all build on a similar theme. All the videos I have seen have their comments section open, so you can ask questions about the build/playstyle.

There are so many videos that there is no way I could link a comprehensive list.

Boring is a relative term, so I am not sure that any of us here can address this for you.

There is no answer. There is just too much variety in possible builds and different game modes that you just can't generalize. And with a new patch things can turn around. PVE and PVP are too general terms. You will have to play the game and see what actually interest you and then you can start min-maxing your characters.

At some point in the game it becomes really easy to make additional characters. There is a ceiling to gear progression and once you're decked out on 1 build, you are decked forever. The game starts to shower you with additional means to lvl up additional characters and exotic gear which is just a tiny step from best in game ascended and legendary. So don't worry about making the wrong choice.Best advice is play what feels best, get one char to 80, explore the world and story and then start to look more into min-maxing.