Impossible for new players! RAIDS!

dani.5680

@"dani.5680" said:Impossible for new players to get in a new raid! All require 150+ LI and all training require ascended so you are in a farming space of over 3 months for ascended gear just to get in the training! Then 1 year to get those 150 LI! What the hell is going on?Most of training guilds take you on weekends if they are free, if not, not!So as a new player you have to farm 1year to be in a LFG? Thats stupid isn't it?

Just gather 10 people and go in, raids don't even require ascended gear (having at least ascended weapons IS a noticable DPS boost though and ascended trinkets, rings and back are very easy to get for map currencies like the bjora stuff), you can go in with exotic items.You will however need someone with commander to make a group.Ask in LA /m if someone experienced in raids has an hour to explain some stuff, if not, read up boss explanations on wiki . That's it. You can then train for any amount of time you wish.I feel like you are asking for a "successful" raid though so I can only recommend starting a guild.Doing PUGS is not only the least reliable way to do raids but also the most miserable.

@lare.5129 said:As for me raid should not give pass is not have some values achivfor example 5k - win 1 open10k - wing 2 also open also.....sad that any who realy want can start raid per one week after account creation.

What does it matter how fast they start if they can pull weight? What does achievement points have to do with player skill.

@"dani.5680" said:Impossible for new players to get in a new raid! All require 150+ LI and all training require ascended so you are in a farming space of over 3 months for ascended gear just to get in the training! Then 1 year to get those 150 LI! What the hell is going on?Most of training guilds take you on weekends if they are free, if not, not!So as a new player you have to farm 1year to be in a LFG? Thats stupid isn't it?

Be careful, you're going to get lots of "smart" comments that don't work in practice in game telling you everything is fine, no one has to teach you, etc, etc. My only recommendation will be to try NA raid academy. It seemed harder to start groups the last couple times I checked in (the few people pinging weren't getting much respnoses), but it's probably the best place to start honestly, people there are friendly and most people have the proper gear, even if they're not experienced. 10 Squad size is prohibitively low for making raids a true guild activity, and most people want someone just experienced as them for quick rewards outside RA training runs. The raids in this game tend to have a higher skill cap than WoW normal and most heroic raids, and are much less fault tolerant (i.e. one death wipes the group in GW2). I will try raiding again as soon as I'm done getting ascension and the leggie neck. I'm close, but we'll see. I may just WvW for the rest. My OCD is the only reason I might get back into it. I can't stand having those random items from the envoy armor and coalescence ollections I do have just lying around forever in my inventory. BUt if it's too bad maybe I'll just delete it all and move on.

• Like 1

@"krzysiekb.8769" said:"I barely made an account but I'm unable to participate in "endgame content" right away, fix it!!"

How is that an issue? Are you guys seriously complaining about it?

This might be news to you, but other MMOs try to make raiding the crux of end-game content, it's generally not hard to gear up for the lowest tiers of raiding in them (and straightforward) so other MMO players expect to be able to just jump right in. Some paths for selectable stat exotics and/or ascended gear actually aren't that bad but require knowledge that new players just don't tend to have. GW2 doesn't babysit you and in most cases it's a beautful thing, because you get to make money off of your OWN knowledge in some cases, perusing the wiki and experiencing the game. But for raids, it's freaking annoying. Some metas for gearing up require delving into old content too, which is also not straightforward.

• Like 1

@AoTsuki.8675 said:What does it matter how fast they start if they can pull weight? What does achievement points have to do with player skill.I like elitare content for mmo game. One of reason why I not like current raid state - be beginer can easy start and have good results. Very small amount of comm propogate filter by achievements. This is very sad.

@AoTsuki.8675 said:

@"lare.5129" said:As for me raid should not give pass is not have some values achivfor example 5k - win 1 open10k - wing 2 also open also.....sad that any who
realy want
can start raid per one week after account creation.

What does it matter how fast they start if they can pull weight? What does achievement points have to do with player skill.

that's indeed a very odd comparison. the acchievement points rather show that u do acchievement stuff often, mostly kitten content. that can be old accounts, you just gather these points automatically by time. not few of these aren't based gods exactly tho.

outside of that, raids and Wvw are the main "endgame content". better gear is part of easier and better performance there, the LI things are to filter "bad pugs" out, i'd guess. i also find it a bit too uncomfy searching for raid groups, so i feel you a bit, but it is not really undoable if u really try. just look for guilds and groups that are focused on raiding

@Firebeard.1746 said:

@"krzysiekb.8769" said:"I barely made an account but I'm unable to participate in "endgame content" right away, fix it!!"

This might be news to you, but other MMOs try to make raiding the crux of end-game content, it's generally not hard to gear up for the lowest tiers of raiding in them (and straightforward) so other MMO players expect to be able to just jump right in. Some paths for selectable stat exotics and/or ascended gear actually aren't that bad but require knowledge that new players just don't tend to have. GW2 doesn't babysit you and in most cases it's a beautful thing, because you get to make money off of your OWN knowledge in some cases, perusing the wiki and experiencing the game. But for raids, it's freaking annoying. Some metas for gearing up require delving into old content too, which is also not straightforward.

You can raid if you're new. You can raid with any stats and you don't need ascended gear at all for that. And you still can complete that content.

But if you're new don't expect experienced groups to take you in. Each group expects to perform on certain level, so why would they accept someone who didn't even put effort into gearing properly?

It still doesn't stop you from raiding. You can just put up your own LFG with whichever requirements you want. You don't need x LI and meta build to enter instance.

Complaining on forums that players don't accept you in x content cuz they post some requirements is just wrong. Everyone is allowed to play however they want with whoever they want. If experienced group doesn't want to carry someone who just got into the game, it's their choice and there's nothing wrong with it.

@dani.5680 said:Impossible for new players to get in a new raid! All require 150+ LI and all training require ascended so you are in a farming space of over 3 months for ascended gear just to get in the training! Then 1 year to get those 150 LI! What the hell is going on?Most of training guilds take you on weekends if they are free, if not, not!So as a new player you have to farm 1year to be in a LFG? Thats stupid isn't it?

Literally everything you said is utterly wrong. Getting ascended is incredibly fast and easy, and most trainings do not require armor to be ascended. Except armor, getting everything ascended is doable in 2 days for an experienced player who has time.150 LI do not take a year to get. In a couple of months you should largely get that if you devote time to raids.It is incredibly easy to get into raids if you do a modicum of effort, which is searching a training community or a guild. Go to www.snowcrows.com to find links to all the training communities and find out which one seems the best for you.

Seeing you advance obviously wrong numbers, I can only assume that you did not do this modicum of effort.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

@"lare.5129" said:As for me raid should not give pass is not have some values achivfor example 5k - win 1 open10k - wing 2 also open also.....sad that any who
realy want
can start raid per one week after account creation.

that's indeed a very odd comparison. the acchievement points rather show that u do acchievement stuff often, mostly kitten content. that can be old accounts, you just gather these points automatically by time. not few of these aren't based gods exactly tho.

outside of that, raids and Wvw are the main "endgame content". better gear is part of easier and better performance there, the LI things are to filter "bad pugs" out, i'd guess. i also find it a bit too uncomfy searching for raid groups, so i feel you a bit, but it is not really undoable if u really try. just look for guilds and groups that are focused on raiding

Oh you misunderstand me, I do raids every week no problem, I just don't get other guys' comment about it, as in, achievement points mean jack shiet here so not sure what the reason to filter by them is.

@dani.5680 said:Impossible for new players to get in a new raid! All require 150+ LI and all training require ascended so you are in a farming space of over 3 months for ascended gear just to get in the training! Then 1 year to get those 150 LI! What the hell is going on?Most of training guilds take you on weekends if they are free, if not, not!So as a new player you have to farm 1year to be in a LFG? Thats stupid isn't it?

Ok all this is flat out wrong. Me and my wife started joining raids in june. We now have over 300 li and have killed everything except dhuum on normal and done all achievements and cms in w1 (missing two minor achieves), 2, 3, 4 and 7 (missing the none cm achievement on Q2).

We both started with an ascended power dps build and an exotic condi build each and gradually branched out to cover a bunch of other stuff mostly in exotics on mutliple characters. We have never been gear checked, the most we've ever been asked is toughness numbers. We learned every boss we tried pretty quick just joining 0li and low li groups as we got more and more li. We got lucky and ended up in partial guild groups a couple of times but for the most part it was always pugs.

We've never joined a proper training group and had to learn as we went by watching videos, reading up and basically doing our best to learn mid fight. Our first QtP kill was a cm kill because we joined for CM sabir and adina and they decided to FC. We had done a few failed attempts at QtP before but nothing much at all and it was my first time doing pylon. I think we killed it in a couple of tries.

Seriously I promise you if you put in even a tiny amount of effort you will be full clearing at least wing 1-4 before you know it.

@Firebeard.1746 said:

Gw2 if one of the easiest mmo gearwise. All is close to free.Rest it's on the player responsibility to lookup his rotation and guides ?

@Psykewne.3025 said:

@dani.5680 said:I reach t4 fractals! In 3 weeks all!

Explain how you are doing T4 fractals in 3 weeks but don't have ascended gear?

-Create a pdps, do CoF trade token for zero gear buy other with gold (~1/2day)-do few tarir and mastery to get key line gliding (~1day can be done as you gear up)-now that you got rid of dirty toughness gear and can fly you can go do a w1-4 and get free ascended armor. Use magnetites and loot to start changing weapons ?it makes you inf 6-8 slot so 54-72 AR-do fractals 1-75 trade dailys for 2 ring 6 extra inf slot 108-126ARenough to do 76-86 depending on luck, if really you want to push with potion and inf above +9 you can get to 150 without too much prob

@Fangoth.4503 said:

@"dani.5680" said:I reach t4 fractals! In 3 weeks all!

-Create a pdps, do CoF trade token for zero gear buy other with gold (~1/2day)-do few tarir and mastery to get key line gliding (~1day can be done as you gear up)-now that you got rid of dirty toughness gear and can fly you can go do a w1-4 and get free ascended armor. Use magnetites and loot to start changing weapons ?it makes you inf 6-8 slot so 54-72 AR-do fractals 1-75 trade dailys for 2 ring 6 extra inf slot 108-126ARenough to do 76-86 depending on luck, if really you want to push with potion and inf above +9 you can get to 150 without too much probI think you have missed the "but don't have ascended gear" part.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"dani.5680" said:I reach t4 fractals! In 3 weeks all!

-Create a pdps, do CoF trade token for zero gear buy other with gold (~1/2day)-do few tarir and mastery to get key line gliding (~1day can be done as you gear up)-now that you got rid of dirty toughness gear and can fly you can go do a w1-4 and get free ascended armor. Use magnetites and loot to start changing weapons ?it makes you inf 6-8 slot so 54-72 AR-do fractals 1-75 trade dailys for 2 ring 6 extra inf slot 108-126ARenough to do 76-86 depending on luck, if really you want to push with potion and inf above +9 you can get to 150 without too much probI think you have missed the "but don't have ascended gear" part.

Yeah I'm not convinced you read my question properly, it was to the OP who claimed he was doing t4 fractals after 3 weeks but also said he had no ascended gear. I'm pretty sure at this point the OP was just a troll.

@Psykewne.3025 said:Yeah I'm not convinced you read my question properly, it was to the OP who claimed he was doing t4 fractals after 3 weeks but also said he had no ascended gear. I'm pretty sure at this point the OP was just a troll.Possibly. Or he indeed was running t4's with no ascended. Which would not make the situation any better.

I' m not sure what the problem here really is. In most games, raids are not content for beginners, and that's fine. It's okay to actually be required to learn how to play your class and get some reasonable gear first. There's a lot to do in the game to build yourself up towards endgame content. And once you're there, join one of the training guilds OR try to get your own group together. If you aim to join the elite groups from the start, of course that won't work!

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Psykewne.3025 said:Yeah I'm not convinced you read my question properly, it was to the OP who claimed he was doing t4 fractals after 3 weeks but also said he had no ascended gear. I'm pretty sure at this point the OP was just a troll.Possibly. Or he indeed was running t4's with no ascended. Which would not make the situation any better.

2 armor 2 weap 6 trinkets ascended, can run t4s! Not all require 150 ar( only LAST fractal)

@dani.5680 said:

2 armor 2 weap 6 trinkets ascended, can run t4s! Not all require 150 ar( only LAST fractal)That's not with no ascended. That's already having most of it (10 out of 14-16 pieces, depending on whether you use 1h or 2h weapons). More, in fact, than it would seem from just counting pieces, because it so happens that armor pieces are the
least
important (having ascended trinkets + weapons covers close to 90% of the impact of the full ascended set)

@Astralporing.1957 said:

2 armor 2 weap 6 trinkets ascended, can run t4s! Not all require 150 ar( only LAST fractal)That's not with no ascended. That's already having most of it (10 out of 14-16 pieces, depending on whether you use 1h or 2h weapons). More, in fact, than it would seem from just counting pieces, because it so happens that armor pieces are the
least
important (having ascended trinkets + weapons covers close to 90% of the impact of the full ascended set)

trust me. some of raid groups make you ping all gear and i get insta kicked for not having the 4 armor pieces!

@Fangoth.4503 said:

Gw2 if one of the easiest mmo gearwise. All is close to free.Rest it's on the player responsibility to lookup his rotation and guides ?

@dani.5680 said:I reach t4 fractals! In 3 weeks all!

-Create a pdps, do CoF trade token for zero gear buy other with gold (~1/2day)-do few tarir and mastery to get key line gliding (~1day can be done as you gear up)-now that you got rid of dirty toughness gear and can fly you can go do a w1-4 and get free ascended armor. Use magnetites and loot to start changing weapons ?it makes you inf 6-8 slot so 54-72 AR-do fractals 1-75 trade dailys for 2 ring 6 extra inf slot 108-126ARenough to do 76-86 depending on luck, if really you want to push with potion and inf above +9 you can get to 150 without too much prob

I did 1 week full pvp and i can say i made 3-5 ascended pieces!

@dani.5680 said:

trust me. some of raid groups make you ping all gear and i get insta kicked for not having the 4 armor pieces!That's... rare. Really. Most players never bother getting to that stage unless something really wrong is going on with the fight (and even then it's generally not to check quality of armor, but the stats and runes on it). Pre-PoF, for example, i was doing really fine running a druid healer with ascalonian catacombs exotic armor set. My power banner slave was initially running in full exotics as well. Nobody ever commented on it.

If people start asking about your armor on entry, i'd advise you to leave, because it has all the marking of a failsquad in making. People that do stuff like that are unlikely to be experienced themselves.

This is the reason why I stopped playing. They need to make two versions of the raids in my opinion. One is the normal tier we have now, and the other is a beginners tier. The beginners tier will have the same mechanics but will be much more forgiving (less damage) so that people can pug and get to know the mechanics. The rewards from these would be less obviously. But it would just give new people space to practice until they know the raids and can then enter the higher tier when they know the mechanics.