[PVP] Remove Account Statistics W/L Ratio Is Depreciated.

When you open up the sPvP panel, there is a plethora of information displayed which are bound to your account and never reset to 0 when a season is over.This mechanism is probably intended to remind you that you are a really bad player because your win rate is stuck between 40% and 60%.There is no skill required to win or to lose and sPvP statistics are meaningless when you take into account all the matches someone went AFK, all the matches you were drunk and didn't put gear on, all the matches that were laggy or you disconnected out of nowhere …There really is no need to keep a record of these statistics as they are reflecting a value which is out of the reach of the player, in which, only AI, and poor game mechanics seem to override what seems to be a meta build or a meta team composition.

The only thing that should be displayed when you open up the sPvP panel, is the amount of PIPs you currently have and the Unranked / Ranked queue buttons at the top.

@"The Subterfuge Of Dwayna.8320" said:because your win rate is stuck between 40% and 60%.Well yes.. That's to be expected, a match making system aims at matching you in such a way that your win rate is close or ideally at 50%.Anet however apparently tries to achieve the defeats necessary to stay at that percentage not by matching you against players on a slightly higher skill level but by putting you in an absolute garbage trash team, but that's a topic for another time.

The only thing that should be displayed when you open up the sPvP panel, is the amount of PIPs you currently have and the Unranked / Ranked queue buttons at the top.I disagree, in fact I'd love to see even more statistics. Top stat count, average top stats, average k/d, average damage, etc. ideally a separate display for each class individually (otherwise it would be a bit meaningless).Not because I'd constantly check for updates on my stats or because it grows my e-pen but it's rather interesting in my opinion. Ideally this would also be displayed for every match in the history and I actually don't know why stuff like in the Details tab aren't displayed for each match afterwards but is just condensed into the score and the match result.

@"The Subterfuge Of Dwayna.8320" said:When you open up the sPvP panel, there is a plethora of information displayed which are bound to your account and never reset to 0 when a season is over.This mechanism is probably intended to remind you that you are a really bad player because your win rate is stuck between 40% and 60%.There is no skill required to win or to lose and sPvP statistics are meaningless when you take into account all the matches someone went AFK, all the matches you were drunk and didn't put gear on, all the matches that were laggy or you disconnected out of nowhere …There really is no need to keep a record of these statistics as they are reflecting a value which is out of the reach of the player, in which, only AI, and poor game mechanics seem to override what seems to be a meta build or a meta team composition.

The only thing that should be displayed when you open up the sPvP panel, is the amount of PIPs you currently have and the Unranked / Ranked queue buttons at the top.

Account statistics can be useful/fun to dissect to some people. Just because you decided to be annoyed by it, you want to restrict access to statistics for everyone else? You know it's an option to just... not look?

@"DoomNexus.5324" said:Anet however apparently tries to achieve the defeats necessary to stay at that percentage not by matching you against players on a slightly higher skill level but by putting you in an absolute garbage trash team, but that's a topic for another time.

sorry but that's a strawman argument. for obvious reasons you can't always be the "slightly lower level player" and what you describe as "absolute garbage trash team" is/are exactly those players that get matched against higher skill level players. matchmaking is working as intended, the problem is the pool of players and the average queue time. the mmr gap is too loose so it's not uncommon to have a 100 mmr discrepancy between players on a team. even if the cumulative team mmr might be "balanced" it doesn't mean the game will feel balanced.

you could tighten that but queue time would go up relative to it, and if you don't find any players the system would just loosen the gap again to find a match for you.

the matchmaking is pretty well tuned for what we have left of the pvp community tbh, even if it feels bad.