Mirage PVP build.

Leonidrex.5649

Yo, wanted to share "my" mirage build for pvp, did some testing with it, not much about 100 games now. Its been working fine for me.here is the build.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABwqd/lVwSYKsLmJmyXvvTA-zZx8QiUIkpMobFgjHAgot the idea from Countless, edited it to fit my playstyle and what I think is better.if you wanna try his build I think its this -> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABw+drlVwSYKsLmJWOT7vTA-zZx8QSQCkpKIlhgrGAvideo to him explaining the build ->

have fun i guess?Posting it since its not on metabattle/gods of pvpand I really think that the build that is "meta" is overrated.

Will try it, thanks for sharing.The current condi meta build pop during 2v2 and was strong against condi rev by striping their resistance. Out of this context it's not this much usefull. (Personnally I really hate how axe is clunky.)

IMO countless build is probably the most meta currently (Thanks to it I reach plat 3 last season.) with some team use thanks to medi'cs feedback.

one of the most mobile builds in the game :)would recommend this for most players as this is very durable with a very high minimum time to kill thanks to all distorts you can chain

kinda torn between dueling and illusions on this one since ineptitude dmg is so short, both useable imo

should desert distortion ever get synergy with IH this build will be absolute beast

• 5 months later...

@Soyut.5328 said:Hey.

Its looking fine but i just wondering, there is a difference with weapons between that build youve linked and his video. I am beginner and i really struggled for what build i choose...

the first build I posted is my variation, sec one is his variation, but I think he switched back to illusions tooI also run axe/torch + sword/pistol, he runs axe/pistol + sword/torch which is different

@Jables.4659 said:

I also run axe/torch + sword/pistol, he runs axe/pistol + sword/torch which is different

People who choose not to pair pistol with sword make me uncomfortable... there's just something wrong with them.

What's the reasoning behind it? I was thinking that Sword/Torch was the defensive set and Axe Pistol Offensive, do you guys mix them up to spread out the damage and defense through the rotations?

@Vukovic.9320 said:

I also run axe/torch + sword/pistol, he runs axe/pistol + sword/torch which is different

People who choose not to pair pistol with sword make me uncomfortable... there's just something wrong with them.

What's the reasoning behind it? I was thinking that Sword/Torch was the defensive set and Axe Pistol Offensive, do you guys mix them up to spread out the damage and defense through the rotations?

depends, axe has anti-synergy with torch, since phantasmal axes hit with a delay, so you cant stealth with torch 4 after using any of axe skills, but I prefer it anyways, as sword is my weapon for engagement and chase, and pistol pairs with it well due to stun, its mostly matter of preference but I think torch/pistol is slightly better due to the axe reveal thing

@Vukovic.9320 said:

I don't think it actually matters. When playing Scepter/Torch Sword/Pistol hybrid back in 2012-2013 I chose to place pistol with sword for the purposes of locking down fleeing targets and got used to that orientation of off-hand weapons. I was being hyperbolic in my post.