World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

@"lare.5129" said:why we some post whit Alliance?can we ask some public investigate the ip's that messages come? For me it looks suspicion. Is some side haters spam it? Or some another mmo game?As wvw player I am absolutistly not interested in Alliance, opposite, I not like that.

I'm sure that if you stay a while (and listen) you will find that the people who update this thread with somewhat effortless posts are the same people who regularily post with far more effort on this forum as a whole.

You'll also find that most people who actually create content on their servers want Alliances whereas those who ride the coattails may not. A perhaps more accurate description would be to say that those who have been in guilds for most of their time in this game tend to want it and those who do no interact in/with guilds may not. Those two things are usually mutually intelligable.

Alliances can also be seen as a fork in the road in that sense. It relates to how you define the health of the mode or how alive it is. If people are happy with the content levels we see at the lower tiers today, with few organized tags, few guilds, the occassional pure grab-bag pickup tag that rarely achieves much headway and struggles to match up to guild groups or more organized pickups. For some players that may be their ideal. For other players that is how they define a dead server. That is the realistic divide of the playerbase.

Then you also have the unrealistic divide of players who are on servers that may not have fallen to that point yet but are also not apart of the organization of their servers. Those servers may only be a guild or two leaving- or a trip to full+unlinked T5 away from collapsing to the same level as other servers, but they have still not experienced that or have not experienced their own social group being split over different servers (while that group is not a primary content creator, engaged with interacting with other servers' counterparts). Those players live in their own bubble and tend to be players who want servers to stay or take very naive views on other players who have transfered, etc.

A very glaring example of that was a year or so ago, when there were some players that were all "Piken pride" and when the guild KISS left the server it sharply turned into "Piken dead". We've seen more recent examples where players on Gandara ask themselves why they are still full and unlinked after a couple of guilds left or how players here and elsewhere grossly overestimate the size of Whiteside Ridge (who are realistically only two-three guilds now, with some of them shrinking in size too, while most outside players, including people I like and respect, errenously estimate them as several times larger).

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:you will find that the people who update this thread with somewhat effortless posts are the same people who regularily post with far more effort on this forum as a whole.So if it trou we need more and mroe detail look on other there post ot inspect some suspicion trends

You'll also find that most people who actually create content on their servers want Alliances whereas those who ride the coattails may not."actually create content on their servers " ?? Or they think that they "actually create content on their servers "?? This is 2 big differences. I am sure that probably this is 2th.

A perhaps more accurate description would be to say that those who have been in guilds for most of their time in this game tend to want it and those who do no interact in/with guilds may not.if they want interact- thay can choose lowp puliation server and migrate. We already have this functionality.

@lare.5129 said:

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:You'll also find that most people who actually create content on their servers want Alliances whereas those who ride the coattails may not."actually create content on their servers " ?? Or they think that they "actually create content on their servers "?? This is 2 big differences. I am sure that probably this is 2th.I am referring to the primary pickup commanders on those servers and the closed groups capable of creating-, taking on- and/or dominating matchups (eg., controlling a map). None of those think that they do, they do.

@subversiontwo.7501 said:I am referring to the primary pickup commanders on those servers and the closed groups capable of creating-, taking on- and/or dominating matchups (eg., controlling a map).??who care that commanders and they mutchup per perime time 2 evenings per week?for many wvw players they a like npc, no more. And no absolutely care that they think. I mean they opinion is same as other ANY participation member in wvw. So 2 roamers who take same camp have 2x bigger value that extra-super comm.

@lare.5129 said:

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:I am referring to the primary pickup commanders on those servers and the closed groups capable of creating-, taking on- and/or dominating matchups (eg., controlling a map).??who care that commanders and they mutchup per perime time 2 evenings per week?for many wvw players they a like npc, no more. And no absolutely care that they think. I mean they opinion is same as other ANY participation member in wvw. So 2 roamers who take same camp have 2x bigger value that extra-super comm.

Then you are making my case. You seem very happy with a situation where there are no guilds, commanders or any level of content that promotes building community. If you fall down to EU T5 that may be a reality in certain matchups already today. When WSR had its shed-transfer and was emptied out there were even times when the other servers had problems letting their players keep their pips up because WSR was so empty that it didn't even flip back camps.

You may be happy with that while the players who want Alliances will consider that "dead".

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:You seem very happy with a situation where there are no guilds, commanders or any level of content that promotes building community.I am don't worry about that because I know what if I want find comm, I will find it, and I already done that. I already know what I can also up tag and run.I don't see any tie between com and guild. Like comm ? change server. Solved. Wvw guild already have placed on same server and any want who want can join. Of sometime not per one day, but who say that mmo game shoudld be fast?

If you fall down to EU T5 that may be a reality in certain matchups already today.t5? I am on T9, if look info from https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/eu/wvwfeel good.

When WSR had its shed-transfer and was emptied out there were even times when the other servers had problems letting their players keep their pips up because WSR was so empty that it didn't even flip back camps.so why I am on T9 don't feel that "big trouble" ??

You may be happy with that while the players who want Alliances will consider that "dead".don't try mix players who will consider and real situation.

@"lare.5129" said:

If you fall down to EU T5 that may be a reality in certain matchups already today.t5? I am on T9, if look info from
feel good.

When WSR had its shed-transfer and was emptied out there were even times when the other servers had problems letting their players keep their pips up because WSR was so empty that it didn't even flip back camps.so why I am on T9 don't feel that "big trouble" ??

You may be happy with that while the players who want Alliances will consider that "dead".don't try mix players who will consider and real situation.

Gunnar's Hold? It is currently in T1, you are listing an old leaderboard that has no links listed.

Here's the reference point: http://gw2stats.com/matchups / https://wvwstats.com/eu

The leaderboard same as the rank listings are just some score-evolution that means little since they hop all over the place with the linkings that have been around since 2016. The tiers are the actual matchups themselves (1-5 in EU and 1-4 in NA). I understand that it can be confusing.

A better ruler for size and activity is just looking at the kill and death totals. A small server like WSR has about 3k each of kills and deaths. Gunnars Hold by comparison has 17k kills and 22k deaths. The K/D ratio is unimportant here since it only suggests how a matchup is going. However, the total numbers suggests that Gunnars is somewhere around 7x the general content production of WSR this week.

Sadly, the system (or neither system) does not track the flip of objectives, only the points from holding them so it says very little about PPT activity (only success and relative point-distribution from it).

Overall, Gunnar's has been a rather stable server throughout 2019-2020 as far as I can remember (though if I'm not mistaken, several of the guilds now on RoS used to be on GH). It can very well be a server where there still is an organisation of guilds that produces and shares content, leaving those not involved with that completely blind to both the effort of maintaining that and the plights of other servers.

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:Gunnar's Hold? It is currently in T1, you are listing an old leaderboard that has no links listed.Here's the reference point: http://gw2stats.com/matchups / https://wvwstats.com/eublacktide. nice and fun server. Adn I don't see any tie to wvw content and place .We have wvw mmr system, so it ok always.

completely blind to both the effort of maintaining that and the plights of other servers."maintaining that and the plights of other servers" ?? we talk in English ?

@lare.5129 said:

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:Gunnar's Hold? It is currently in T1, you are listing an old leaderboard that has no links listed.Here's the reference point:
/
blacktide. nice and fun server. Adn I don't see any tie to wvw content and place .We have wvw mmr system, so it ok always.

completely blind to both the effort of maintaining that and the plights of other servers."maintaining that and the plights of other servers" ?? we talk in English ?

Oh, Blacktide? It has been linked to different main servers for over a year. It is more or less a dead server on its own. In late 2019 it was linked to Deso, in 2020 it has been linked every relink (to Piken, JS, Dzago, Piken again, Gandara, Piken a third time and now to SFR). Prior to that it was host to the Vabbi nomad community and prior to that it was either dead or a link to someone else.

If Blacktide was to lose its link you would get to experience the wonders of T5 death :).

I don’t personally care about alliances anymore as they’ve stated it wouldn’t even address the population imbalance. I just want them to own up to their decisions and communicate with us.

I do however know that we need updates.I’m not happy with the current state of WvW.I continue to play because I love the mode. When new people join in our mode I always take time to explain things vs yelling “don’t touch the tact’s” or “stay on tag” “dont repair the wall” “why you do that you noob” because treating newcomers like this will only help bring on the death of this game mode. Less people =less friendlies to play with no matter if you prefer roaming, small scale, ppt, ppk, and less enemies to fight. Do you really wanna fight gates all day??

I’m not sure what anet could do to help our mode out. I do know we need more attention that what we’ve been given. Some of the ideas I’ve read in the past seem good.

Although it’s a gimmick and vets might hate it- theme weeks, dbl xp weeks, new armor/weapon skins. These all bring in/or back players. Even if they’re pve ppl, they might like WvW! We were all pve ppl in the beginning. If anet focused on something special for us once every 2 months I’d be happy. Even if it was simple as gimmick weeks (core skills, dbl XD and whatever else they’ve done in the past).

I’m truly saddened by the communication as this is a really great game mode.

@lare.5129 said:why we some post whit Alliance?can we ask some public investigate the ip's that messages come? For me it looks suspicion. Is some side haters spam it? Or some another mmo game?As wvw player I am absolutistly not interested in Alliance, opposite, I not like that.

We are the ones that work in the shadows... Our hand is behind every mayor Arenanet decision... No one is safe from us, we are everywhere, next to queen Jennah and inside the darkest sewer of Lion's Arch.. but you should not fear us... we fight for what is right, for the truth, for keeping alive The Mist.

Now that you know who we are, join us, join the WvW Alliances Resistance.

For The Mist, for Tyria, for the WvW Alliances.

After seen 13 new post, for a brief moment, I thought that Alliances were a reality... So sad...

Subversiontwo.7501 congratulations, amazing arguments. Very clear and without sarcastic ways to say how the linking server system has killed the WvW communities.

Maybe that is what we part of us want, the return of the server pride gone by this system. And WvW Alliances could have been a solution, now I think it is too late for it.

Fortunately, Baruch Bay was saved from the server linking system.

@Calisanna.8732 said:I do however know that we need updates.may be you need switct to oterh game mode? make break.

I’m not happy with the current state of WvW.ofc not all should be happy. And this is ok. Some just want replay content from other game, some only do dayli, someone only roam

I’m not sure what anet could do to help our mode out.yes, may be, and more not sure that alianses can change something

Although it’s a gimmick and vets might hate it- theme weeks, dbl xp weeks, new armor/weapon skins.dlb xp event ofc fine.

@vier.1327 said:Very clear and without sarcastic ways to say how the linking server system has killed the WvW communities.it is very unvisible. I don't see that it was sayed. Also for me link system one of greatest fun and way to see what and where, get fun, and alwasy get us new content.Yes, link is part of new content. New(another) people = new content

@lare.5129 said:

@Calisanna.8732 said:I do however know that we need updates.may be you need switct to oterh game mode? make break.

I’m not happy with the current state of WvW.ofc not all should be happy. And this is ok. Some just want replay content from other game, some only do dayli, someone only roam

I’m not sure what anet could do to help our mode out.yes, may be, and more not sure that alianses can change something

Although it’s a gimmick and vets might hate it- theme weeks, dbl xp weeks, new armor/weapon skins.dlb xp event ofc fine.

I highly dislike when people tell/suggest others to stop playing or take a break. In this case switch game modes. The answer is a HARD NO.I really only WvW and have 9 accounts for the WvW with friends/guilds reasons I don’t need a break. Anet should be giving each game mode some attention, not just pve.

@"lare.5129" you're too new to all this to understand. we had blacktide for some time as our link, you're a rather small server with some few guilds that do things, which is mainly ppt. not unfriendly, but... you just used sofar content that was brought directly to you. t1 has simply the most easy matchups normally. that is why most servers even avoid it, since it gets stale and boring after some time.

seek yourself a Wvw guild and learn a metaclass in a guild-group environment, then tell us again what u think of the format. i started when desolation was nearly years-long t1.... so i know what u think of. just that is only the spectator mode really. surely, every server wants some ppt providers, but there's more. even far more to be found within the format of Wvw medium and largescale.

by the way, u do realize our accountnames here are our ingame tags as well, yes? u find a lot of people posting in the Wvw forums, and most serious players are disliking the link-system. it's pretty bold to just say "you're not sharing my opinion, therefore you're bots/spam accounts"

if u don't know the reason of these reminder posts, we do remind Anet to give us at least information of an update they promised us years ago.

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:seek yourself a Wvw guild and learn a metaclass in a guild-group environment, then tell us again what u think of the format.I am already in one if best fro me wvw guilds, and already have metaclass. I think current state is great.

by the way, u do realize our accountnames here are our ingame tags as well, yes?ofc

u find a lot of people posting in the Wvw forums, and most serious players are disliking the link-system.how we measure "serious"? If this is not fake account, or not account from cuncurent mmo developers ofc .Thelink system don't make domination is const par t of game, and not convert all action to gank. I think it ok. And ofc most skilled player will shoudl say that they don't liek it, becasue thay can't push to corner in non stop mode. And this is very ok that they notlike.

it's pretty bold to just say "you're not sharing my opinion, therefore you're bots/spam accounts"yes, and I am sure that most player who say that they need alianses very very suspicion.

if u don't know the reason of these reminder posts, we do remind Anet to give us at least information of an update they promised us years ago.ofc we can have this update. Soon. But why some someone wait if after week. This is mmo game. Soon can mesn after 5-10 years too. And in most cases "soon" measure in years but not in weeks. So I don't see nothing special if it comes after 5 years. And it is ok. But try do some hype and each week say "where it is" looks as I say - bot mode.