Drakkar Lake

Randulf.7614

@Blur.3465 said:

@Blur.3465 said:I've been wondering the same, then I decided to refresh my memory from GW1 by looking at GW1 Map.It would appear that they just connected Bjora Marches and Jaga Moraine, while leaving the REAL Drakkar Lake still covered/unexplored.Looking at where Sifhalla is, it's clear that we're not seeing the real Drakkar Lake map.

Here's the map:This is GW1 map of Bjora Marches, Jaga Moraine and location of Sifhalla and Drakkar.
1000px-Far_Shiverpeaks_map.jpg

This is GW2 map of Bjora Marches, with marked location of Sifhalla.
gw617.jpg

Honestly, it's confusing me. A lot seems to be changed and sometimes I really have a hard time connecting and recognizing some locations.From what I'm seeing here, a lot of map is sooooo different and doesn't really match with former.

And the end of episode 2 the place where you fight Drakkar is close to where he was in Gw1. It’s in a weird off map position, but you can see it’s further south of that location.

Aye I saw that, but it's definitely weird. Really hard to recognize some locations seeing how much they got changed.I'm still annoyed we didn't get to see a proper 'lake fight' and some of those good ol' GW1 memories that tied us to this zone :/ had a hard time figuring out that Bjora Marches is connected to Jaga Moraine here until I noticed the location of Sifhalla.

Not sure if you know of this or not, but That Shaman has a historical Gw map that shows the Gw1 maps over layed on top the current Gw2 maps. I’ll leave a link it’s a very fascinating page.

Ooooh thank you!!! <3

EDIT:Oh wow o.o this is just amazing!!! Deary me. Thanks to the person who did this!

You’ll find that a lot of places line up with their gw2 counterpart especially a map like thunder head and jahai

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Blur.3465 said:I've been wondering the same, then I decided to refresh my memory from GW1 by looking at GW1 Map.It would appear that they just connected Bjora Marches and Jaga Moraine, while leaving the REAL Drakkar Lake still covered/unexplored.Looking at where Sifhalla is, it's clear that we're not seeing the real Drakkar Lake map.

Here's the map:This is GW1 map of Bjora Marches, Jaga Moraine and location of Sifhalla and Drakkar.

gw617.jpg

Honestly, it's confusing me. A lot seems to be changed and sometimes I really have a hard time connecting and recognizing some locations.From what I'm seeing here, a lot of map is sooooo different and doesn't really match with former.

And the end of episode 2 the place where you fight Drakkar is close to where he was in Gw1. It’s in a weird off map position, but you can see it’s further south of that location.

Aye I saw that, but it's definitely weird. Really hard to recognize some locations seeing how much they got changed.I'm still annoyed we didn't get to see a proper 'lake fight' and some of those good ol' GW1 memories that tied us to this zone :/ had a hard time figuring out that Bjora Marches is connected to Jaga Moraine here until I noticed the location of Sifhalla.

Not sure if you know of this or not, but That Shaman has a historical Gw map that shows the Gw1 maps over layed on top the current Gw2 maps. I’ll leave a link it’s a very fascinating page.

Ooooh thank you!!! <3

EDIT:Oh wow o.o this is just amazing!!! Deary me. Thanks to the person who did this!

You’ll find that a lot of places line up with their gw2 counterpart especially a map like thunder head and jahai

Definitely! It's much easier to pick up on things now. Thanks a lot for sharing!

• 8 months later...

@Tyson.5160 said:

gw617.jpg

I don't suppose there's a savable version of that map somewhere? :open_mouth: