Queen Jennah + Bangar ?

The Subterfuge Of Dwayna.8

@"The Subterfuge Of Dwayna.8320" said:What do we know about Queen Jennah's POV on the situation in the Farrar ?

Even if she has an opinion, it doesn't matter.She has no business meddling in Charr culture.

What is her stance on what is happening in the Lands where Charrs seem to be at war with themselves ?Yea so far we just have interaction with Charr leaders, Norn individuals and Asura leaders.Who knows? Maybe if the fight takes to DR, Queen Jennah will have something to say.

Bringing Peace to the Charrs could represent a threat to Divinity's Reach ?If anything, the Ebonhawke Treaty is meant to prevent that.As far as we know, we do have a sizeable amount of Charr which disregards or doesn't accept the Treaty.On the flipside, there are also many Charr and most leaders which support the Treaty.

We actually have a pretty clear indication of what Jennah thought of the whole Bangar situation - there were Seraph fighting in Drizzlewood, and in fact their arrival, along with the presence of the Pact Commander, probably turned the tide. She regarded Bangar and the Dominion in much the same way as the charr regarded Caudecus and the White Mantle - as a threat to the truce significant enough to be worth sending active military support to the side that would uphold the truce (Bangar's rhetoric made it pretty clear that he wouldn't hold himself to it if he won).

Jennah's position on the post-Bangar situation has yet to be seen.

@draxynnic.3719 said:We actually have a pretty clear indication of what Jennah thought of the whole Bangar situation - there were Seraph fighting in Drizzlewood, and in fact their arrival, along with the presence of the Pact Commander, probably turned the tide. She regarded Bangar and the Dominion in much the same way as the charr regarded Caudecus and the White Mantle - as a threat to the truce significant enough to be worth sending active military support to the side that would uphold the truce (Bangar's rhetoric made it pretty clear that he wouldn't hold himself to it if he won).

Jennah's position on the post-Bangar situation has yet to be seen.

Yes I'm 200% agree with you, we need Seraph troops to retake control of the Lands unoccupied by Bangar.I think we could use the help of the Kodan fallen leadership and the Nightwatch commanded by Jhavi marching together to fight the Charr rebellion.Jhavi has already proven to be powerful enough to fend a way to fight Drakkar so it would make perfect sense for her to have this role.

@"The Subterfuge Of Dwayna.8320" said:What do we know about Queen Jennah's POV on the situation in the Farrar ?What is her stance on what is happening in the Lands where Charrs seem to be at war with themselves ?Bringing Peace to the Charrs could represent a threat to Divinity's Reach ?Any thought is appreciated

The Seraphs are there,

There is an episode, I don't remember which one, that Lady Kasmeer explains that the Seraphs were sent there, as a retribution for the help that the Legions gave to the Queen at Lake Doric.

So basically the Queen stance is clear: se have interesting in charr end the conflict. basically the same argument Legions used to help her in Lake Doric.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@"The Subterfuge Of Dwayna.8320" said:What do we know about Queen Jennah's POV on the situation in the Farrar ?What is her stance on what is happening in the Lands where Charrs seem to be at war with themselves ?Bringing Peace to the Charrs could represent a threat to Divinity's Reach ?Any thought is appreciated

The Seraphs are there,

There is an episode, I don't remember which one, that Lady Kasmeer explains that the Seraphs were sent there, as a retribution for the help that the Legions gave to the Quenn at Lake Doric.

So basically the Queen stance is clear: se have interesting in charr end the conflict. basically the same argument Legions used to help her in Lake Doric.

We really need the Seraph D-Day at this point of the lore.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

The Seraphs are there,

There is an episode, I don't remember which one, that Lady Kasmeer explains that the Seraphs were sent there, as a retribution for the help that the Legions gave to the Queen at Lake Doric.

It's in the very first instance, where Ryland is there for a negotiation, Logan and Kasmeer portal in, and Ryland walks out.

I think the point of all this is to put an end to all the petty squabbling.

Those who lead the narrative at ArenaNet now aren't those who once did, which is why things are so different. At the time of launch, the team of yore seemed to revel in the in-fighting between the races, even encouraging players to think in the same ways. This had further ignited the hostility toward charr from those who were only given the very one-sided, human-focused Ascalon perspective in the original Guild Wars titles.

This hostility was one factor that lead to people bouncing out of the game, another was that the charr at launch—whilst very industrially advanced—were very one-dimensional and focused upon war. This meant that very few people played the charr. I feel that what we see now is a new narrative team trying to fix the errors wrought by their forebears, so they've laid the foundation for a new path for the charr. From what I've seen, I feel much the same is true for the other races as well.

This might be a bit of a hot-take but... At launch? I couldn't stand the asura. They were all annoying sociopaths with "yo mama" jokes who'd slit one another's throats to steal their research, no empathy whatsoever. Admittedly, the asura in the original Guild Wars didn't fare much better, but it was as though they took their worst qualities and just amplified them excessively, to make them as obnoxious as possible. I mean, this was true of all races, it wasn't just the asura who got the short end of the stick.

The charr were industrial edgelords, the sylvari were pure chosen ones, the asura were obnoxious corporate brats, the norn were moronic alcoholics, and the humans were self-important, narcissistic, bumbling nobles. It wasn't a good look for any race, if I'm honest. It wasn't a good time and I wasn't really a fan of it—I feel it lead to everyone trying to argue that their race was the least bad. At least I'm not as bad as X.

That's not an especially engaging experience.

I do feel that the current narrative team has been left to clean-up duty and I feel bad for them. What I will say though is that they've come leaps and bounds with really changing the perspectives of each and every race for the better. I mean, Path of Fire alone did so much to fix humans—of all ethnicities. I loved the Elonians especially though, they were wonderful. Taimi, Gorrik and more recent asura encounters have been a far, far more positive experience, taking what was likable about them and amping that instead.

I'm a massive fan of Taimi and Gorrik—especially considering that I'm autistic myself and they feel spot on. Taimi's almost excessive empathy tempered only by rationality is... Let's just say that I appreciate it. They've done so much to improve the asura that they've since ended up my second-favourite race behind the charr. I didn't think I could like the asura before more recent events and Canach's fantastic showings but... I do. That Heart of Thorns laid off the chosen one angle a bit helped.

This brings us to the charr. The charr have been advancing rapidly with industry and technology especially, I think that this is to show in-part that there's more to their race than just war. The Olmakhan existed to prove this point as well, by having a gathering of charr who were focused around nature magicks—or, let's not beat around the bush, that were hippies. They were hippie druid charr. I was there for that, too. I'll admit that early charr were very one-dimensional, as I said, so they needed a lot of rounding out.

The current storyline is to take away the old, tired, tired, old, tired, belaboured, old, tired, tired, and old, and tired, and belaboured, and tired, and belaboured—as much as this sentence is—narrative of charr and human hostility.

Any charr that might've been a threat to the treaty is gone. The most warlike charr leaders are gone. The leaders we have now—Mia, Malice, Crecia, Rytlock, Effram, and Ryland—are much more level-headed. The focus on technology is meant to show us explicitly that there's more to the charr than war. Their advancements through industrialised technology rival those of the asura's through magicks.

And whilst we're seeing the best side of all of the races, we're also seeing that past animosity has been left firmly in the past. There are bigger problems to deal with than political squabbles fuelled by the narcissism and sociopathy of egomaniacal leaders, it's folly to focus on that when the world has bigger problems to be dealt with. I'd say it's idiocy at best. The races have been helping one another and they stand on more equal footing, there's no longer a case of any one race being the chosen race.

This is also why it was incredibly important—and clever—to use the charr for both the antagonists of part of this story, but also as the heroes. It needed to be that way, much in the same way that we needed a charr dragon champion. I feel that's a trend we're going to see continue as time goes on. As we find a way to purify, redeem, and bring dragons into balance, it'll help further unite the races by the examples of their respective champions.

It's my hopet hat Jormag is on the level, just as it is that Braham will be taken as the champion of Primordus only to help us purify that dragon later. I mean, after a fair share of drama first of course. The thing is? Aside from certain kinds of personalities, for most I don't think it's fun to be at odds. I don't want to be and I don't think most do. I look at outliers like the Ascalonian fans as just that, outliers. I don't think everyone is quite nearly as obsessively fanatical.

I'm really, really happy about this. So no, we don't need to worry about conflict between the charr and humans any longer because that's a tired, old, old, tired, belaboured, old, beating-a-dead-and-necrotised-horse-only-to-have-Joko-raise-it-again-to-beat-it-again-and-having-a-Chronomancer-lock-this-event-in-a-temporal-loop-of-forever-beating-a-dea—let's not.

The five races are cool with one another, and the five races are cool. So let's let that be that. They're all family now. They've accepted one another's differences and they're forging onward toward a better future. It's a good example to follow.

Just a side note: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Goro%27s_Journal

There were settlements of humans, norn and tengu before the Dominion arrived. Whom they belonged to I couldn't find, but the humans most likely were officially Krytans, right? No information of where they fled to either, no real information whatsoever in the story chapters either, I believe...

@"Megametzler.5729" said:Just a side note: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Goro%27s_Journal

There were settlements of humans, norn and tengu before the Dominion arrived. Whom they belonged to I couldn't find, but the humans most likely were officially Krytans, right? No information of where they fled to either, no real information whatsoever in the story chapters either, I believe...

Maybe not, that area is pretty far from Kryta proper and its not unreasonable for at least some human communities to be unaffiliated with larger nations or kingdoms when out in what seems to be unclaimed territories.