Immobilize

Tashigi.3159

Nobody above wood league dies to ranger pets.

Cut back on Druid's immobilization cheese and replace it with some relevant damage or actual team support options (that aren't heavily outclassed by other professions). Marks and traps should trigger on the roots, roots should have near 0 health and ancient seeds should flat out not exist (and be replaced by aforementioned team support or offensive supporting options). Alternatively, remove the roots of entangle (the elite) entirely and replace it with a visual effect of rooting with a single instance of 2s of unblockable (but still dodgeable) immobilize.Druid is a meme at this point, and not even a funny one.

There is an immobilize-spamming elementalist build that could probably be looked at, too, but someone with more experience on the profession can touch on that.

~ Kovu

@Kovu.7560 said:Nobody above wood league dies to ranger pets.

Cut back on Druid's immobilization cheese and replace it with some relevant damage or actual team support options (that aren't heavily outclassed by other professions). Marks and traps should trigger on the roots, roots should have near 0 health and ancient seeds should flat out not exist (and be replaced by aforementioned team support or offensive supporting options). Alternatively, remove the roots of entangle (the elite) entirely and replace it with a visual effect of rooting with a single instance of 2s of unblockable (but still dodgeable) immobilize.Druid is a meme at this point, and not even a funny one.

There is an immobilize-spamming elementalist build that could probably be looked at, too, but someone with more experience on the profession can touch on that.

~ Kovu

Or just don’t play druid if you don’t like that playstyle? It’s hardly even worth running 90% over core of soulbeast imo. It’s a bunker counter cuz bunkers are slow and bulky and that’s how the game should be

This whole thread is just about creating counterplay to the immobilize, not removing it or altering it. No one and I mean NO ONE complained about Entangle until recently--you can be CC'd out of it super easily and prior to the stability nerfs people would walk or teleport out of it.

You might as well delete druid entirely because bads simply cannot handle this spec. Healing was too OP (despite being the goal of the spec) so it got nerfed, staff mobility was too OP got nerfed, and now ancient seeds is a problem because stability is now stackable instead of unlimited for a duration.

This forum is literally what gutted druid to begin with, now we have suggestions to give it 'damage' or 'support' back. How about...immobilize IS support, you're all dying to it, aren't you?

@Gotejjeken.1267 said:This whole thread is just about creating counterplay to the immobilize, not removing it or altering it. No one and I mean NO ONE complained about Entangle until recently--you can be CC'd out of it super easily and prior to the stability nerfs people would walk or teleport out of it.

You might as well delete druid entirely because bads simply cannot handle this spec. Healing was too OP (despite being the goal of the spec) so it got nerfed, staff mobility was too OP got nerfed, and now ancient seeds is a problem because stability is now stackable instead of unlimited for a duration.

This forum is literally what gutted druid to begin with, now we have suggestions to give it 'damage' or 'support' back. How about...immobilize IS support, you're all dying to it, aren't you?

Heck yeah brother couldn’t have it put it better.

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, Eclave.7098 said:

I just uninstalled the game due to root spam. Impossible to survive against this kitten more than 10s with bunker build. Its condi spam is even worse than root spam.

Obviously, if you run a build with no condition cleanse then you will suffer vs condition builds. Also nice necroing a 2-year-old post.

On 11/21/2020 at 1:59 AM, Kuma.1503 said:

Immobilize + Cover condis is the single most infuriating thing in this game (to me). If I see a ranger on the enemy team, I will swap to escape runes 100% of the time so I don't get cheesed by Entangle from stealth or an immobilize from the pet.

Entangling Roots are also buggy and some weapons flat out cannot hit them. Condi necro gets destroyed by roots because staff can't hit them (autos miss. marks dont trigger), and scepter takes ages to kill them.

I wouldn't mind immobilize so much if skills that utilized it had better telegraphs, but instead it tends to either proc from traits, or it gets slapped on skills with tells far too light for how powerful the condition is.

roots are completely stupid, any semi competent duo bursts you down if you try to handle roots with hitting it. Blinking out of them is actually best way to deal with them.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Obviously, if you run a build with no condition cleanse then you will suffer vs condition builds. Also nice necroing a 2-year-old post.

Does Imob.  always come off if you have other conditions and you do a cleanse of one condition?

IN general I have a few cleanses.... but there's a lot more imob out there and with the way my glass class works being imob'd is a death sentence.

I had a "fun" match yesterday with a pre-made 2 druid and an ele.   It was a frustrating match that I think would be a negative experience for most players.

• Confused 1