karma profit on winters day

If my math is correct then:

2.500.000 karma with 700 per gift will give you about 3.751 gifts.This is assuming that the 700 karma ones i saw are infinite. There's tons of locked ones beneath so idk, this might be entirely wrong.

Each one at TP right now is around 5s.

3751 * 5 = 17.85517.855/100 (because 100s = 1g) is 178,55g.

So if you want to spend 2.5 million karma for 178 gold, that's up to you.Personally i think there's better ways to earn gold, but idk...

I also don't know if you should do it now or wait for wintersday to be over because i don't know how prices change then with supply gone... Probably not that much because there's already millions of wintersday gifts on TP so idk...

You can see here how price developed during the last years:https://www.gw2spidy.com/item/77604Summary: prices drop once wintersday starts and start climbing again afterwards, but it takes until May until they are high again.In addition, this year the price is pretty low and might rise only 1s per gift.

There is this website with up-to-date numbers how to earn gold with stuff. I linked the karma-page below:https://fast.farming-community.eu/conversions/karmaThere are theoretical profits listed there, but some are bothersome to make. For example putting 4 rare karma-weapons in the forge for 340 Karma and selling the result for an avg-price of 19s in TP. In theory that's 56s profit for 1k Karma, so 1400g profit, but you don't want to do it 7 thousand times plus prices may drop.However, it also lists Wintersday gold/Karma profit. The 700 wintersday gifts come out at 6s40k/1000 Karma at the moment. Buying frostbitten gathering tools have the highest profit, but I guess you get the gold by using them and selling snowflakes, so again nothing quick."Recipe: Bringer's Intricate Gossamer Insignia" can be bought at the vendor for 3g+15,001Karma and be resold on TP for 6g17s, making a profit of 2g25s, which is 15s per 1000 karma and double as much as wintersday gifts... however, TP-prices fluctuate at the moment and less items in total are sold. Also, waiting to sell them until May may triple the price.The weapon-skin toy-dagger: if you don't want to wait it has almost the same win-rate as wintersday gifts, but prices usually drop after wintersdayAs a side-note, the Pact Scout's Mapping Material you can get 6 of each day costs 5250Karma. With 40 of them you can fill a map-bonus-reward track which grants materials that you can sell on TP. The rewards change in a 8-week cycle, but there is a website listing the current materials and profits here:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_bonus_reward/profitMaking 18g per 40 materials for a total of 210.000 Karma gives 8.5s/1000 Karma, which is better than Wintersday gifts at a decent pace of Karma-costs.

In summary, to drop a lot off karma quickly, wintersday gifts and wooden dagger are fine. Since wintersday gifts prices are low, waiting to sell until May will probably only gain around 15% profit. The bringer insignia recipe might be a better investment.With a maximum effort using the forge for rare karma-weapons you can up to tenfold the gain, though.A good middle course, in my opinion, is buying frostbitten gathering tools and buying pact supply materials each day.

@"Dediggefedde.4961" said:You can see here how price developed during the last years:https://www.gw2spidy.com/item/77604Summary: prices drop once wintersday starts and start climbing again afterwards, but it takes until May until they are high again.In addition, this year the price is pretty low and might rise only 1s per gift.

I think you're right. I've got the Wintersday tree in my home instance and sell the gift once a day. The most I remember it selling for recently is about 6.5s, more often somewhere around 6s, so while you could make more money by saving gifts to sell later on I'm not sure it's worth the hassle of storing them unless you've got tons of spare bank space.

Looking at GW2spidy the gifts drop in price each December and only rarely (and briefly) get back up to their previous price. I don't know for sure but I suspect Winter's Presence, and specifically the 'spirited drinker' achievement was a big factor in their previous value. Now it's not the new thing, there's more infusions and other effects to choose from and it's more well know that it will be available in subsequent years and the achievement can be done whenever the drinks are a lot less valuable than they used to be, and so the gifts are too. (I remember in previous years being able to open the gifts and sell just the drinks for the same money I'd get from selling the gift.)

Having said that if I had tons of spare karma I wanted to convert into gold I think I'd still use it to buy Wintersday gifts because, as you said, other methods tend to be more time consuming or limited. I don't think I'd use all my karma for it but it's a quick way to convert a large chunk of karma into gold. (But as it is this year I actually need the karma, so I'll be keeping it instead.)

@Veprovina.4876 said:If my math is correct then:

2.500.000 karma with 700 per gift will give you about 3.751 gifts.This is assuming that the 700 karma ones i saw are infinite. There's tons of locked ones beneath so idk, this might be entirely wrong.

So if you want to spend 2.5 million karma for 178 gold, that's up to you.Personally i think there's better ways to earn gold, but idk...

I also don't know if you should do it now or wait for wintersday to be over because i don't know how prices change then with supply gone... Probably not that much because there's already millions of wintersday gifts on TP so idk...

Just to update on this.

I checked in game, and you can only buy so much gifts for 700 karma.After that the price increases.

So my math, while correct for this instance, doesn't work because of the incremental karma cost.The ending gold profit is way smaller then because you cant get as much presents for the same amount of karma.

Less presents = less gold.So imo, not worth it. Only spend karma on presents if you intend to open them for that extra oomph. But even then, just do the dailies, WvW reward track and activities and you'll get both karma and presents.

In the end, looks like buying presents with karma to sell isn't particularly useful. You're probably better off spending your karma on something else.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Just to update on this.

I checked in game, and you can only buy so much gifts for 700 karma.After that the price increases.

So my math, while correct for this instance, doesn't work because of the incremental karma cost.The ending gold profit is way smaller then because you cant get as much presents for the same amount of karma.

Less presents = less gold.So imo, not worth it. Only spend karma on presents if you intend to open them for that extra oomph. But even then, just do the dailies, WvW reward track and activities and you'll get both karma and presents.

In the end, looks like buying presents with karma to sell isn't particularly useful. You're probably better off spending your karma on something else.

i checked today, yeah with price increase my karma will result only on 30g,, i invested on cloth pack(on vendor just on side of gift vendor) thats is ulimited, was like 2500 + cloths packs, im sitting on tons of materials.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Just to update on this.

Was about to post this myself when I saw this thread.But it really depends on what yu want out of the Winter's Event.

For those which are after the ever so rare infusions and other knick knacks, purchasing the Gifts as a Karma dump is really a money saver if they intend to blow gold on buying giftboxes anyway.

I maxed out the Karma boxes with limit and it was around 100~ boxes, which saves approx 5-6 gold.Not only that, I managed to get a couple of Givers weapons which sold for 2 - 3 gold each, which is not too bad.

But I guess buying material packs as an approach to earning money/ materials in the case for OP to build their legendary out of is a better use of the karma if one isn't explicitly after the infusions.

@Yasai.3549 said:

Just to update on this.

Was about to post this myself when I saw this thread.But it really depends on what yu want out of the Winter's Event.

For those which are after the ever so rare infusions and other knick knacks, purchasing the Gifts as a Karma dump is really a money saver if they intend to blow gold on buying giftboxes anyway.

I maxed out the Karma boxes with limit and it was around 100~ boxes, which saves approx 5-6 gold.Not only that, I managed to get a couple of Givers weapons which sold for 2 - 3 gold each, which is not too bad.

But I guess buying material packs as an approach to earning money/ materials in the case for OP to build their legendary out of is a better use of the karma if one isn't explicitly after the infusions.

You can get mats from Wintersday? I only saw wood and cloth stuff, that's not very helpful for legendary... Maybe for armor idk...Unless you mean, get those to sell.

If to sell gifts, that too could be profitable. Won't get all the gold OP needs but if you have no use for karma, why not... Brings a step closer to the legendary.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

Just to update on this.

i checked today, yeah with price increase my karma will result only on 30g,, i invested on cloth pack(on vendor just on side of gift vendor) thats is ulimited, was like 2500 + cloths packs, im sitting on tons of materials.

Nice! you can sell those then for profit. :)I think i'll do that too, i'm also doing legendary, but WvW armor. Won't hurt to have more gold lol. :tongue:

How much do you expect to gain from the materials?