Pyromancer's Puissance

AliamRationem.5172

I got a question to you guys so what do you guys think about dagger warhorn for PVE? i was using it and sure it really gets me into range of enemies but convergence 50% fumble 3 sec weakness and 50 sec endurance plus 3 sec of fury per enemy 180 ferocity thats quite a good amount of fury if you got 3 enemies thats 9 sec of fury

I cannot stress this enough how I don’t want to lose might on ele under any circumstances. I really felt the loss of the old Pyromancer's Puissance. The new one feels like I cripple myself instead of bringing anything worthwhile to the table. The old version was helpful in keeping up a solid baseline of might with a few combos here and there and you were up and running. Now it feels like I don’t have much might at all except if I build up for nothing but blast finishers.

Another example is wvw backline elementalist. When you are with a dedicated group no problem but the moment you go in casually and don’t get a slot in the squad the old Pyromancer's Puissance helped keeping up might. Now this is missing direly.

And I can’t find any value for the new trait. The damage is so neglectable, you have to look it up in the combat log or else you won’t recognize anything happening at all. In any solo play situation, you cripple yourself by reducing your might. And in groups it is utter useless. Just let somebody other do the stacking of might who doesn’t have such draw backs.

And further what’s up with that wired interaction with fire overloads? Why does a core trait have an interaction with an elite spec skill? If it should interact with a mechanic solely from tempest put it in the corresponding trait line. There is no other trait in the entire game with such a wired mechanic. And for a good reason. If it is in the core trait lines it should work with all elite specs and not favor one over all others. This abomination needs to be looked at again.

At least I can say that this trait will never be on any of my builds ever in its current form.

I would suggest something more like this. As elementalist is still bound to combos a lot and those combos having lost a lot of impact since the beginning of the game it would at least be fair to have some traits interact with combo finishers.

New Pyromancer's Puissance:

• Blast Finisher now generate 2 area stacks of might on any field.
  • If you blast a fire field create an explosion dealing damage in a 480 range of impact. Damage is scales by the amount of might you have. +X% per 5 Might stacks. ICD 10s

This way blast finishers become more potent. Especially you could generate some might outside of fire and blasting fire fields.Could imagien something similar for burning ashes as this trait is rather weak as well. Have (blast)finishers apply bruning in any kind of from would probably help a lot.

@Mithos.9023 said:

New Pyromancer's Puissance:

• Blast Finisher now generate 2 area stacks of might on any field.
  • If you blast a fire field create an explosion dealing damage in a 480 range of impact. Damage is scales by the amount of might you have. +X% per 5 Might stacks. ICD 10sThis way blast finishers become more potent. Especially you could generate some might outside of fire and blasting fire fields.Could imagien something similar for burning ashes as this trait is rather weak as well. Have (blast)finishers apply bruning in any kind of from would probably help a lot.

Just remove Flame Expulsion. Literally nothing else ought to be done to Pyromancer's Puissance.If you want interactions with Blast Finishers, just rework Persisting Flames or replace Binding Ashes.

I got a question for you guys how are you guys able to generate 20+ stacks of might without overload fire and heat sink together? I get around 5-6 might per heat sink then it goes on cd for 4 sec.

Am i to understand then that the best way to get might then is to overload fire plus heat sink? only way i was able to get 18 stacks of might.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:Alright, how about this? You lose up to 10 stacks of might to produce flame expulsion, but gain 3 seconds of quickness.

The timing is just bad even with quickness. It would be nice to get a quickness on ele for real but having it after you leave fire and after you lose might is a massive hit to dps.

A lot of ele skills have bad timing for there effects after a skill use or after a dodge and in this causes after getting out of an atument makes the effects much weaker then they realty are.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:You're right. Based on your feedback, here's a suggestion for a replacement:

Pyromancer's Puissance - Placing combo fields and using combo finishers as well as applying and transmuting auras on yourself grants 1 stack of area might and 2 stacks of personal might for 20 seconds. Combo finishers apply 2 stacks of burning for 1s.

Combining might generation and combo finishers is something I thought about as well. But, I see your suggestion a little over the top with might generation, burning and aura interaction all in one trait.Maybe leave the might generation on fire skills and add the one area might on combo finishers? But let’s face it anything would be an improvement as long as Flame Expulsion is gone.

@Fueki.4753 said:Just remove Flame Expulsion Literally nothing else ought to be done to Pyromancer's Puissance.If you want interactions with Blast Finishers, just rework Persisting Flames or replace Binding Ashes.

That is something I thought about as well. Blinding Ashes is rather weak for a grand master as well.

NGL I've been running Pyromancer's Puissance in my roaming sword WvW build and absolutely loving the Flame Explusion. The explosion can hit like a truck if you have enough might (which is never an issue since you get stacks upon stacks super quickly between regular rotations and combos) and combos really nicely when you swap into air and use Polaric Leap for a nice burst. Its also a great way to force players off the Elementalist because no one wants to get caught in the explosion, giving you a few moments of breathing room. I still wish they would rather get rid of the might sharing trait of this skill and straight up just improve the explusion to make it a bit stronger. If they moved the Explusion over to Blinding Ashes that would probably be a little bit too powerful. They should instead make Blinding Ashes the support fire trait considering its more a defensive support trait than the original Puissance was.