Farming orichalcum?

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@"Jorhn.3926" said:You can also use this :

To convert mithril node into orichalcum node

Thanks but that's a cash shop item right? For that price i'd have to farm a LOT of materials in general to break even.

You can buy limited version of that glyph tools for karma at the big citys harvest tool merchants.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gathering_Merchant

@Linken.6345 said:

Thanks but that's a cash shop item right? For that price i'd have to farm a LOT of materials in general to break even.

You can buy limited version of that glyph tools for karma at the big citys harvest tool merchants.

Oh nice! Then i can farm Mithril and get Orichalcum instead right?

@"Ashantara.8731" said:You can also try your luck exchanging Unbound or Volatile Magic (or other currencies) plus Gold at the various Season 3 and 4 Vendors for containers (e.g., Metal Shipments at Istan).

P.S. As for the Glyph mentioned above: I believe Mithril is of a higher tier than Orichalcum, so it won't work.

I'm not doing Istan yet, but yeah, there's stuff you can buy there. I think it's best to buy T6 mats for that though...And really? Mithril is higher? Huh... I thought Orichalcum is, since you craft exotics and ascended with it. Maybe i'm wrong, i'll look it up.

Thanks!

@"Veprovina.4876" said:I'm not doing Istan yet, but yeah, there's stuff you can buy there.

That was just an example, hence the "e.g." You can get the same stuff on all of the LW maps.

And really? Mithril is higher?

Let me look it up on GW2 Wiki, I am uncertain now... Okay, I was wrong: Orichalcum Ore is Tier 6, Mithril Ore is Tier 5.

Ergo the Glyph will work, my bad.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:I'm not doing Istan yet, but yeah, there's stuff you can buy there.

That was just an example, hence the "e.g." You can get the same stuff on all of the LW maps.

And really? Mithril is higher?

Let me look it up on GW2 Wiki, I am uncertain now... Okay,
I was wrong
: Orichalcum Ore is Tier 6, Mithril Ore is Tier 5.

Ergo the Glyph
will
work, my bad.

Yeah, i checked the wiki myself too. :smile:Nice! That helps a LOT in farming Orichalcum!!!

@Linken.6345 said:

Not anymore.

Removed the Alchemist's Mining Pick, Alchemist's Logging Axe, and Alchemist's Harvesting Sickle from the inventories of all gathering merchants.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/951744/#Comment_951744

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Not anymore.

Removed the Alchemist's Mining Pick, Alchemist's Logging Axe, and Alchemist's Harvesting Sickle from the inventories of all gathering merchants.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It'd take some time to break even if you bought the gem store item for the glyph itself. It's currently unavailable and I wouldn't consider it a great thing as you're limited to 150 conversions per day for what you want.

Ah, that's too bad. I didn't get to check cause i didn't log in since yesterday, but thanks for the heads up!I already decided i'm not going to get the glyph, i don't find it to be that useful, i don't need that many ore just yet. Would be kind of a waste of money.

@lare.5129 said:welcome on trading post if you need it! Best and fast way.

Seems to be for smaller quantities, yeah.It's easier to farm gold than ore.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:But at around 135G, they’re better off just buying the orichalcum ore that they need instead unless they need more than 6K for some reason.

If they were to buy it, it was take like 47 days of converting 150 mithril before breaking even.

I don't plan on making anything requiring a lot of ore yet, but thanks for the calculation, good to know if i eventually get the glyph!

@Veprovina.4876 said:

It's well worth it. Take a few hrs farming etc , make grow lamps and sell them if you have the mats for example, add some pearls, armored scales, sell sprockets etc and you will have the gold . PS go through your bank, I bet there are are few things that you don't use, need, or can break down for even more quick gold.

@"DeanBB.4268" said:Often the best farming choice is "make gold buy what you need."

It is but the best way to make gold is often "get some more work IRL and buy the gold" but even without going with best, simply gathering other easier to find materials and selling those to buy the orichalcum is probably still better.

@Khisanth.2948 said:Glyphs are useful but alchemy and crucible are terrible choices. They require paying more attention to what you are gathering since it is not always desirable to convert.

ANd that's what shared inventory takes care of. I have a sprocket one and an alchemy one for mining. It no hassle at all if you plan ahead and know the nodes.

• 2 weeks later...

This may not be the answer you're looking for, but I I'll post a link anyway. As an alternative.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rich_Orichalcum_Vein

I'd search for the Ore and mine them, but I'm cheap and stubborn. Is it 500-1000 you need or more like 5000-10000?Meta Events will give you lots of chests. I used to make at least 500 in 2 days when I needed them.The mining pick and salvage kit would cost some silver... and the value of my time.Farming can be fun, but it can also be a pain depending on how you get the material. ;)

@"Lucio.4190" said:This may not be the answer you're looking for, but I I'll post a link anyway. As an alternative.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rich_Orichalcum_Vein

I'd search for the Ore and mine them, but I'm cheap and stubborn. Is it 500-1000 you need or more like 5000-10000?Meta Events will give you lots of chests. I used to make at least 500 in 2 days when I needed them.The mining pick and salvage kit would cost some silver... and the value of my time.Farming can be fun, but it can also be a pain depending on how you get the material. ;)

Yes, that's what i ended up doing. :tongue:Went to gw2efficiency and found rich orichalcum veins.I don't need a lot of it so i managed to get enough so i can make the stuff i want. :smile:

One point to note is that it appears that normal (i.e. not rich) orichalcum shares a spawn point with mithril. When you get there, you will find a mining node, but it may be mithril. The rich orichalcum ones are always orichalcum. There are two possible nodes in Thunderhead, two or three in Desert Highlands, a quite handy one in Kourna (up the hill above the inquest cave, almost due east from the main WP). There is definitely one in DWC, but I never remember where it is. :/

@"Hesione.9412" said:One point to note is that it appears that normal (i.e. not rich) orichalcum shares a spawn point with mithril. When you get there, you will find a mining node, but it may be mithril. The rich orichalcum ones are always orichalcum. There are two possible nodes in Thunderhead, two or three in Desert Highlands, a quite handy one in Kourna (up the hill above the inquest cave, almost due east from the main WP). There is definitely one in DWC, but I never remember where it is. :/

Interesting. I thought the non rich ones have their own spawn points. If that's so, maybe there's a route or something that can be made to look for them?Cause you're basically looking for mithril, and some will be orichalcum.I saw some in orr that have pretty "set" chance to be in a certain place though, when i'm farming elder wood, i always raptor around a bit to see if there's some ancient wood or orichalcum around.