What would bring more players regularly to DRMs?

Fleabite.7528

@uberkingkong.8041 said:For me it has nothing to do with droprates.

More so about GW2 vibes with missions, dungeons, etc.GW2 vibe is, people hate those that don't know the mission.You gotta have DKP, you gotta have watched youtube videos beforehand

ALSOGW2 making missions, dungeons, fractals, too dang long.People are wanting more fast pace, not 20+ minutes to do something.

ALSOToo much stuff to grindGotta do daily fractalGotta do daily T4 storyGotta do daily Icebrood sagaGotta do daily dailyToo much kitten gotta do,who has time for DRM when you have all this other kitten GOTTA do

Gotta work on my legendaryGotta work on my skyscaleGotta do guild missions

Thing is some of this stuff, people only have time for one of em, like Fractals, usually takes about an hour unless you some pro and have friends you do it with. PUGs usually take an hour. And they burn you out.

ALSOMMO trifectasure it maybe not healer tank, but its GW2 trifecta, you aint that healerbrand or whatever, nobody wants you.Nobody wants to deal with looking at LFG, I aint a healerbrand but thats all I see people want, screw this, kitten DRM.Got a lotta other stuff to do than be depressed I'm not healerbrand and can't find a group for DRM.

Then do them solo.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"uberkingkong.8041" said:For me it has nothing to do with droprates.

More so about GW2 vibes with missions, dungeons, etc.GW2 vibe is, people hate those that don't know the mission.You gotta have DKP, you gotta have watched youtube videos beforehand

ALSOGW2 making missions, dungeons, fractals, too dang long.People are wanting more fast pace, not 20+ minutes to do something.

ALSOToo much stuff to grindGotta do daily fractalGotta do daily T4 storyGotta do daily Icebrood sagaGotta do daily dailyToo much kitten gotta do,who has time for DRM when you have all this other kitten GOTTA do

Thing is some of this stuff, people only have time for one of em, like Fractals, usually takes about an hour unless you some pro and have friends you do it with. PUGs usually take an hour. And they burn you out.

ALSOMMO trifectasure it maybe not healer tank, but its GW2 trifecta, you aint that healerbrand or whatever, nobody wants you.Nobody wants to deal with looking at LFG, I aint a healerbrand but thats all I see people want, screw this, kitten DRM.Got a lotta other stuff to do than be depressed I'm not healerbrand and can't find a group for DRM.

Then do them solo.

You read what I said?

1. Takes too long was one of them

How does doing it solo help that?

The other stuff I said

1. Too much stuff (daily) to do in game
  2. Limited time (a lot of people say "well back as kid I had so much time, now I don't have much time")
  3. GW2 is similar to MMO trifecta, you need to be certain profession, like healerbrand or whatever is flavor nowDon't need a healer and tank.... Well look whats happening, need a healer. Need somebody who gives boons now, trifecta

What does this have to do with the OP’s issue?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

What does this have to do with the OP’s issue?

@"Fleabite.7528" said:
  • Significantly increase the droprate for the Volcanic Stormcaller weapons. Nobody I've run DRMs with has ever received one, reflected in the 300-400g TP price - valuing this collection (complete with Mastery point) at an insane 4,800-6,000 gold. So please double, or even triple, the present pitiful drop rate.
  • Change the Prismatium Crystals home node drop to 3 a day like every other node, not the present 2.
  • Having Prismatium Crystals account bound is probably fine - but forcing players into a glacier-slow daily grind is not. Each of the 16 Dragon Slayer weapons takes 30 crystals. That's 480 crystals in total needed for the collection. Just relying on the daily node (if you can afford the 50g upfront) would take eight months of grind. Even adding the (capped) crystals from daily DRM runs will still take you more than 30 days of tedious grind. Again, consider boosting the DRM drop rate - or give an extra bonus for running three a day (whether regular or CM)
  • Allow craftable Prismatium Ingots to be sold on the TP. Players should be abler to grind for profit, if they choose.

What else would incentivise you to run more DRMs?

Like I said, too much dailies, too much other things to do. Doing the dailies alone takes hours.This game has got to point where you do what you do for fun.

So events like DRM, even though its unique, people got other stuff to do rather than do this.Also goes in factor dungeons, fractals, WB, everything, they making the time to complete so long, it brings in "do I really want to spend a lotta time of doing this"

I haven't really done a DRM, but my vibe on it, its a dungeon, they take a lotta time, I got other stuff to worry about rather than this limited time DRM.Dungeon, fractal, etc. My mindset in this game "takes a lotta time, I have to commit to it"

Raids btw, they just as short as dungeons and fractals. idk why they think dungeons and fractals have to take so long.I sure miss days.FractalMolten Boss I think it wasKill lava mini boss quicklyBAM at boss fightunder 2 minutes its over

I sure miss days.CoF4 warriors and a mesmerBAM done in 4 mins or less

NowdaysClear trash add more trash add even more trash finally at boss fight, BAM doneJust as long as raids

Raids are too short, and fractals dungeons are too long.DRM, thats fractal dungeon category, too dang long.

I'm working on skyscaleI have guild event coming upI enjoy PvPI enjoy racingI like rewards from fractalsI enjoy WvW every now and then (if a commander is up, WvW is really Zerg vs Zerg, it sucks solo)

I have progression to do, achievements to dotime for DRM? who has time for thatIts a dungeon/fractal category, meaning it takes up a lotta time

You need a trifecta"lfg says healerbrands and chronos ONLY"well I aint no healerbrand nor chrono

I aint gonna be depressed looking at this, I'm gonna do many other plethora of stuff or try and get dailies done

Because dailies take up HOURS

The answer lies in many of these issuesMake it shorterBetter rewardsDon't need a trifecta (healerbrands and boon profession like chrono)I want group fast, it aint gonna be fast if I'm not part of the 2 main trifecta (healerbrand or meta boon profession, was chrono)

Its a limited time content

If its too long and once you get reward its over, then of course no one gonna do.If its too long and have to grind for reward, well it better be very good, because people have limited time, and usually can't beat FRACTAL rewards. Which also takes up time, moreso, energy, I sure feel like I need to take a break after fractals, I aint gonna do some DRM.

@"uberkingkong.8041" said:

1. Too much stuff (daily) to do in gamefor many people is ok. If someone can't play 8+ hours per day - then choose that actual. Try limit other is bad idea.

2. Limited time (a lot of people say "well back as kid I had so much time, now I don't have much time")people who have limited time should do limited content, or don't play some part of games at all ... I know people who play 2-5 pvp matches per day only. And skip other content. Someone do ode two meta only. Someone play only LS.

3. GW2 is similar to MMO trifecta, you need to be certain profession, like healerbrand or whatever is flavor now? it ok. gw2 is mmo game.

Don't need a healer and tank.... Well look whats happening, need a healer. Need somebody who gives boons now, trifectasomeone need nurse, someone not. People do fractal 100 cm solo, someone dead whit hfb.

@lare.5129 said:

@"uberkingkong.8041" said:
  1. Too much stuff (daily) to do in gamefor many people is ok. If someone can't play 8+ hours per day - then choose that actual. Try limit other is bad idea.
  2. Limited time (a lot of people say "well back as kid I had so much time, now I don't have much time")people who have limited time should do limited content, or don't play some part of games at all ... I know people who play 2-5 pvp matches per day only. And skip other content. Someone do ode two meta only. Someone play only LS.
  3. GW2 is similar to MMO trifecta, you need to be certain profession, like healerbrand or whatever is flavor now? it ok. gw2 is mmo game.

Don't need a healer and tank.... Well look whats happening, need a healer. Need somebody who gives boons now, trifectasomeone need nurse, someone not. People do fractal 100 cm solo, someone dead whit hfb.

Yes,so basically you saying keep doing what I'm doing which is not to play DRM

This thread wants to know how to get people to play it.Basically

1. Make them compelteable in under 10 mins
  2. Its limited time content, make the rewards WAY better than every other daily

Just because it may have a unique skin only towards it, doesn't mean I'm going to do it. Usually the skins they make lately not really so good.

1. Make it funIf its fun, I really don't care too much about reward. Like roller beetle races in Maelstrom Brisbane, etc. I did every single achievement and kept doing the races because they were fun.DRM nobody does it? Is it fun? Rewards better than dailies? Takes too dang long?More than 10 mins is too dang long for me.

Thats why fractals burns me out, some of them can be long.I have to get myself in the mood to do fractals due to how they went from good amount of time spent to do (Molten Alliance/Boss, go straight to boss and BAM done to 10 mins clearing trash and then boss, POINTLESS WASTE OF TIME)

Thinking about it, a raid can be done faster than some fractals. Strikes can be done faster than some fractals.You think I want to do a DRM, I have no idea how long it takes to do, but I get vibe its LONG.

These developers, I swear they spend a lotta manhours, deciding how to make trash in a fractal, and those manhours could be better spent.(I'm talking about Molten Boss, it was perfect the way before. I'm talking about Jade Maw, it was perfect the way before)

Then they make Strikes (hrm should be fast), YEP thats how fractals should be too.

Usually other games, they make RAIDS take hours of clearing trash, this game though, it makes raids quick and casual quests LONG. smhDRM, I aint got time for that baloney. I'd rather go racing in Brisbane Wildlands, or do a racing event over and over than clear fucking trash

Why can't we have Dragon Response Racing, Dragon Response Delivery Driver?I aint got time for Dragon Response Trash Clearing, I'm doing other shit

I mention good ideas, thenPeople always say "prefer the developers spend there time on better things"Developer "okay thank you, going to add some trash in Molten Boss, and add some trash in Jade Maw fractal"Developer "I'm doing good job spending time on better things yes? I'm going to add Mossman as a requirement to Swampland Fractal, no more bloomhunger or mossman, now you do both! Enjoy!"

So much trash getting added to casual quests, thats why I aint never done DRM, but thats what I think of casual quests, and I aint going to spend my precious time on limited time content that has a lot of trash to run through. I do fractals when I'm in that mood.

1. Have to join a group and they want perfection (must have healerbrand, chrono, druid, etc)
  2. Perfect group to do trash
  3. Perfect group to do boss
  4. Then get currency and what is it, to open a chest that has random gear?
  5. Don't get the random gear I wanted
  6. Screw this aint doing this anymore, at least in fractals I get relics, I get WHAT I WANT, not no random get lucky
  7. ... Oh yeah, I'm not sure if this is case, Don't have the ICEBROOD SAGA masteries???? Can't open friggin chest.
  8. Yeah ok, thats it, I aint doing this shit, fuck DRM
  9. WAYYYY too much effort for random chance gear, and I get stuff I dont want, FOR WAYYY TOO MUCH EFFORT
  10. AND TAKES WAYYYYY too much time
  11. This aint, fun too..... Why could it not be.... You know....... A racing event??? A fun event like racing?
  12. Like I'm racing and if I'm too slow I get hit by a Dragon AOE, and I lose. What can be more fun than racing and knowing a dragon is behind me, and I have no room for error unless he will get me, and obliterate me. Thats fun

What would make people do DRM?Ummmm.... Simple. Make it fun.Why rollerbeetle racing is fun.? Simple. Do you like fast cars? Do you know anybody who hates fast cars? Yeah everyone loves driving fast.

What made games like Grand Theft Auto 3 so much fun?Driving in fast cars, being chased by police.

DRM what would make it fun?Roller beetle racing, and if your too slow, too many mistakes the dragon chasing you obliterates you.Just like in GTA 3, you too slow, too many mistakes, the police get you and obliterates you. WASTED

Thats how to make DRM fun.Clearing trash REPEATEDLY, is how you get people TO NOT DO DRMs.

@"uberkingkong.8041" said:Yes,so basically you saying keep doing what I'm doing which is not to play DRMgreat choose! mostly no one can do all content always

This thread wants to know how to get people to play it.no, we just say it is ok now or now. As for me very ok. Should we more attract itr ? NO way.

1. Make them compelteable in under 10 minsit fast enough

2. Its limited time content, make the rewards WAY better than every other dailyit is no limited. You can do it each day 5 years if you want.

Just because it may have a unique skin only towards it, doesn't mean I'm going to do it.this ok, that no for everyone. And good that not everyone do it, skins rare, price a good. If price drop till 1 gold - it realy no good.

1. Make it funalready. It depend from you only.

If its fun, I really don't care too much about reward.chance to drop 200-300 gold increase fun :)

Thats why fractals burns me out, some of them can be long.I like fractals. But fractals not for evryone, and this is ok.

1. Have to join a group and they want perfection (must have healerbrand, chrono, druid, etc)we do it mostly in 3 (trio): warrior, rev and thief. I don't worry about perfection;

2. AND TAKES WAYYYYY too much timedon't like - don't go. This is small part of LS. This is not uniq and only one main content.

What would make people do DRM?no.

Clearing trash REPEATEDLY, is how you get people TO NOT DO DRMs.this is part of pve. It should be fine for everyone

Add accountbound versions of the volcanic weapons to the vendor for 150 tokens each. That way doing cm feels worth it because you will complete the collection faster. Currently the rewards for gold and bonze are the exact same, 1 ore if you have the dragon buff and progression towards the 3 daily. I do not understand how you can screw up a reward structure this bad. Just look at the runic armor set and copy that system.

@Healix.5819 said:

• Actual XP earning again: I am on max Masteries and since Anet locked the rest, I earn ZERO xp doing them. (or any other Icebrood related content for that matter)

They fixed that a while ago - when XP has nowhere else to go, it defaults to spirit shards. You're still leveling, it's just hidden.

They did, yet they broke it again.I tested it. I ran the 3 adventures in Drizzlewood Coast. Each gives slightly over 100k XP when running gold.I managed gold on all 3, which is more than 300k XP.Considering in every other map, I get 1 spirit shard for 256k XP, it is unfortunately broken...The issue that was fixed was hiding the masteries that could not be completed yet, so that you can at least earn XP for spirit shards.And the upcomming locked masteries are... again... not hidden.

Anet learns slow, too slow.

So no more Drizzlewood, Bjora etc for me untill they fix it.

And the sad part?I am not suprised AT ALL that they made the EXACT mistake again.

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

• Actual XP earning again: I am on max Masteries and since Anet locked the rest, I earn ZERO xp doing them. (or any other Icebrood related content for that matter)

They fixed that a while ago - when XP has nowhere else to go, it defaults to spirit shards. You're still leveling, it's just hidden.

They did, yet they broke it again.

I can only confirm it's working for me. I used a character in the core game to see what the bar is currently at, then another to do a Drizzlewood adventure - the bar increased (note the bar is shared).

As someone that took a break from GW2's story and is only now catching up, here's my thoughts on them after getting to that part of the story last night:

These things are the "Dungeon mistake" all over again, where players that are just doing the story slam headlong into group content. Can they be soloed? Yes, but for a lot of people (including myself), it's a pretty awful experience. Not just "not fun" but downright unenjoyable. After the first one, I considered trying to join a group for the other two, but I'm there for the story and a group makes it very easy to miss story beats.

The end result was me spending a couple of hours doing all three of these, and having NO desire to go back into them. I don't even know what rewards are supposed to be for going back, but it would have to be pretty damned impressive to tempt me. And I've seen the skins for those volcanic weapons, they're honestly pretty awful. Who wants to grind for a skin you can't see?

These need a serious rebalance for solo play, the goal needs to be "Hey, I have some time to kill, why don't I do a DRM?", and not "Hey, I have some time to kill, why don't I try to get into a group for a DRM?" Then, make it so having extra players gives you a chance to do side stuff (for bonus rewards) or speeds things up, improving the time/reward ratio.

If I want to do raids, I'll do raids. If I want strike missions, I'll go do strike missions. If I wanted dungeons, I'd go do dungeons. DRMs need to stand as their own thing, light and fast content for one or more players.

I've been running Metrica CM solo each day 3 times for the daily crystals and for the gold chests. Have done this last 2 weeks. Prior to that I did normal mode 3x for the dailies. Also did 15 runs for the CM achievements when DRMs were first released. I have easily looted100 final chest rewards with maybe 2/3 being gold chests, and haven't seen a single weapon box drop. I can see why they are so expensive, but it's ridiculous to be part of a story achievement. I REALLY hope the tyrian seal currency gets some better things to buy (like account bound weapon versions) because that's about all you get asides the daily prismatic crystals.

@DAN.7314 said:I've been running Metrica CM solo each day 3 times for the daily crystals and for the gold chests. Have done this last 2 weeks. Prior to that I did normal mode 3x for the dailies. Also did 15 runs for the CM achievements when DRMs were first released. I have easily looted100 final chest rewards with maybe 2/3 being gold chests, and haven't seen a single weapon box drop. I can see why they are so expensive, but it's ridiculous to be part of a story achievement. I REALLY hope the tyrian seal currency gets some better things to buy (like account bound weapon versions) because that's about all you get asides the daily prismatic crystals.

That's pretty much why I stuck to doing normal DRMs after the achievements because I figured it wouldn't be worth my time and effort.

Fractals work because of rotating dailies and instabilities, both of which bring a random challenge to the day. Currently, DRMs have nothing like this, so there's no reason to repeat them when its going to be exactly the same every time.

(There's also way too much dialogue compared to Fractals, since they were designed as story missions.)

@Healix.5819 said:

They did, yet they broke it again.

I can only confirm it's working for me. I used a character in the core game to see what the bar is currently at, then another to do a Drizzlewood adventure - the bar increased (note the bar is shared).

Wait so you get Core Tyria XP?That is new. In Icebrood my bar is zero and stays zero. I never seen an increase elsewhere in any other system.PoF has its own bar, HoT has it's own, Core has too, always been like that.Even after maxing masteries

Gonna see if I can see the same, but gees, some consistency would be in place.

To echo what most people have said, the specific problems are rewards. I just have no need to replay them at the moment. I think the solution would be a structural overhaul to rewards.

For example, do 9 DRMs per week and the reward is you get to pick a Volcanic weapon. In theory this would add a short term engagement for each player who is working to acquire a weapon, and then would keep people engaged for a longwhile while completing the collection. I hate that Icebrood Mastery icon and really want it moved to Collections, but if it were to stay I would want to get it finished. Having them drop after putting a lot of work in is similar to the Weekly Rewards for Raids and Fractals - it would still feel like a slog and grind but at least it will offer a viable solution for achieving that mastery point and it would certainly incentivise people to return.

Otherwise, even just something like Prophet Shards. They're all contained in the same story arc, and it would be great if they even gave 1 - 3 per mission which would help people acquire ascended armor. And as a follow up, I don't think this devalues the shard drop rate from Strikes either as they're considerably shorter than the DRMs, and if you're just after crystals you could easily acquire them in Strikes. But at least adding them to DRMs would give some passive rewards you could grind out.

Due to real life, my time is limited, so I use what is alotted to what I enjoy most.

Daily CM Fractals + T's. I usually will have enough time to do something else and DRM are not one of em. They are 3 recycles instances that are really boring--which I could get past, if they rewards were worth the tedious nature of em--sadly, they are not.

The knockdown skill of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroyer_of_the_Ironhammer_Line is frustrating.

My ping fluctuates between 250 and 280. I can generally jump all the waves during tequatl - which I do daily - and I have not managed to jump over a single one of those waves from this boss. The best I can do is move out of range. The mechanic is incredibly frustrating, although it doesn't stop us getting gold (guild group). But the rewards are of low value and I don't find it fun.

I purposely bring a distance character to these missions. I at least one melee player who has said they found the fights incredibly frustrating as melee. Are these designed for having any melee person in the group? You can breakbar from a distance, so you don't need melee for that.

The NPCs to support us die so easily that I don't see the point of having them in the first place.