World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:2 years ago now.this is mmo. So it can be soon. After 12 year may be. May be after 5. Soon. Not 100 years. If you play mmo game and think that 2 years is long term and per that term should be some action or respond I can say only "sorry, you don't understand spirit of mmo"

@lare.5129 said:

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:2 years ago now.this is mmo. So it can be soon. After 12 year may be. May be after 5. Soon. Not 100 years. If you play mmo game and think that 2 years is long term and per that term should be some action or respond I can say only "sorry, you don't understand spirit of mmo"

Answer me, you can trust me, are you The WwW Developer alt account?

"Soon" is just a meme for Arenanet timing in content development.

We would like to know what happened with the project, or if it is already cancelled. Actually, part of us is more interested in the communication than the Alliances project.

We are asking the same as pve players; communication.

@"vier.1327" said:Answer me, you can trust me, are you The WwW Developer alt account?no, I am developer another project

"Soon" is just a meme for Arenanet timing in content development."soon" is not 2 years. Soon it is fast as possible. But not 2 years.

We would like to know what happened with the project, or if it is already cancelled.why you think that something should happen? per 2 years??? ok, people see ticket, make investigation, set priorities, make plan, it will be done soon. Thats already can be comeleted per 2-5 years .. Before start. If you think that all thing do per one week or year - this is wrong vision person who not from project management world.

We are asking the same as pve players; communication.I see communication. But if you think that it should be triggered each year, and each 2 years - this is wrong vision I am sure.Will see how it be after 5 or 10 years. May be 12 years .. But trigger each year abd say "how it is" the wrong vision of project management.don't try it compare time period whit Harry Poter magic brush movement and real work.

@vier.1327 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Agreed. Just drop us a note, maybe a little nod to yay or nay... until then, we will continue to enjoy discussing this topic on this discussion forum!

There are posters on this forum that consistently try to troll, and perform this function poorly. Don’t get pulled in.....

Wise words

Well, yeah, the way stuff is managed it just invites and feeds feigned ignorance, hyperbole and general trolling. Trolls thrive when only flames get smacked.

At the same time it doesn't really matter, it's a discussion forum and when we post we do it for the benefit of anyone who cares to read, not just whoever we choose to respond to.

At one point there was a guy in one of my own guilds trolling around here who then went "is that you?" "lulul, made you post" and I just shrugged it off as it wasn't like I wouldn't be posting anyway, right. It's a discussion forum, it's made to post on. I take these forums for what they are and sometimes you may feel like its a waste of time but most of the time you know full well it is falling on deaf ears, above people's heads or gets lost in bleet and noise - but this still is the only official communication with some permanence so your posts will always sit around here for someone to read and occassionally what you say may help someone get some information or learn a thing or two. That's really the only reason I spend time here now and then, pretending so be some sort of voice of reason or representative for playergroups who have generally never used this place much or who are becomming exceedingly rare overall. It can be a healthy perspective to dab into every once in a while.

@"lare.5129"u see communication? where?

yet in the november 2018 update all they said "update? here it is! we update u that we have no further info about when alliances launch but it is on a good way".in the meantime probably they fired the whole team that worked on Wvw and maybe even dropped the plan. irl the year-long state is "no communication" bc says things like "soon" means just nothing, if it takes over half a year.

meanwhile pvE people cry about having to wait like 1 month if even for the next part of the living world episode.

modern games generate enough money to require updates at least every six months. even if u say Wvw is not big enough to get that much updates, okay, but at least each year an update would be a thing. instead the introduced a pretty bad mount that nobody wanted in Wvw.

back then the "linked server system" was introduced as temporary solution. the idea of Alliances came up due to the massing complaints against the "links". this year they still talk about "soon". many of the Wvw players either feel pranked or lost faith. we don't talk about months, how can u compare years, by now over 1000 days to "daily updates"?

so long talk, short conclusion

i have birthday today, and i'd really appreciate more info about "Alliances when" as present. :P

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:@"lare.5129"u see communication? where?

yet in the november 2018 update all they said "update? here it is! we update u that we have no further info about when alliances launch but it is on a good way".in the meantime probably they fired the whole team that worked on Wvw and maybe even dropped the plan. irl the year-long state is "no communication" bc says things like "soon" means just nothing, if it takes over half a year.

meanwhile pvE people cry about having to wait like 1 month if even for the next part of the living world episode.

modern games generate enough money to require updates at least every six months. even if u say Wvw is not big enough to get that much updates, okay, but at least each year an update would be a thing. instead the introduced a pretty bad mount that nobody wanted in Wvw.

back then the "linked server system" was introduced as temporary solution. the idea of Alliances came up due to the massing complaints against the "links". this year they still talk about "soon". many of the Wvw players either feel pranked or lost faith. we don't talk about months, how can u compare years, by now over 1000 days to "daily updates"?

so long talk, short conclusion

i have birthday today, and i'd really appreciate more info about "Alliances when" as present. :P

Happy birthday ??

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:If I ignored my stakeholders on a project for 2 years, I'd get fired.this is only yours and yours employer inner cooperation issue and/or vision. Don't share it for all world as single pattern please :)I am developer. Currently have on board task 7 year old.. Don't see any panic.

So again, I ask,Alliances WHEN!?when be ready when be ready. Soon. Aprox1 -20 years. No kidding.

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:u see communication? where?I see message in 2018. This is enough. Push every day it not a way.

yet in the november 2018 update all they said "update? here it is! we update u that we have no further info about when alliances launch but it is on a good way".good news!

says things like "soon" means just nothing, if it takes over half a year.healf year is not a term. You can worry and think if it will be not 25 years answer.. But don't see any reason panic every day.

meanwhile pvE people cry about having to wait like 1 month if even for the next part of the living world episode.every month new living world episode? What ???? lol

modern games generate enough money to require updates at least every six months.we have enough updated. May be to much on wvw

. instead the introduced a pretty bad mount that nobody wanted in Wvw.nice mount

back then the "linked server system" was introduced as temporary solution. the idea of Alliances came up due to the massing complaints against the "links". this year they still talk about "soon". many of the Wvw players either feel pranked or lost faith. we don't talk about months, how can u compare years, by now over 1000 days to "daily updates"?WHAT ?? alianses will remove linked server ??? NO. HOPE you not properly understand this. Linked servers is one of best part on wvw.Sure you a wrong understand this. How I understand alianses give way whit less gem payment join on sever selected to guild, and don't lose pips week. What all.

@lare.5129 said:

And what’s the excuse for “discussing it in the upcoming months”?? it’s been over a year

How about the “that one pvp guy in the back” comment? They obviously know they’re neglecting our modes. I suggest stop making excuses for companies that should know better, and probably do know better.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Agreed. Just drop us a note, maybe a little nod to yay or nay... until then, we will continue to enjoy discussing this topic on this discussion forum!

@vier.1327

There are posters on this forum that consistently try to troll, and perform this function poorly. Don’t get pulled in.....

Sadly I say this too late after responding to a kitten. You’re absolutely right though.

@Calisanna.8732 said:

Sadly I say this too late after responding to a kitten. You’re absolutely right though.

You are not alone. ?. I stopped with this particular one oh.. maybe a month ago.

Now I ignore the posts and continue about my way.

ok, now when we see that some people vision for aliances is wrong, case not properly understand develop process what more we want know about word restricting?Have community any valid question, but not only span apout useless feature alianses, wich opposite can break gameplay and inject in our link-system some bad things?

@lare.5129 said:

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:If I ignored my stakeholders on a project for 2 years, I'd get fired.this is only yours and yours employer inner cooperation issue and/or vision. Don't share it for all world as single pattern please :)I am developer. Currently have on board task 7 year old.. Don't see any panic.

Please tell us who you develop for so we can never use you as a vendor then.

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:Please tell us who you develop for so we can never use you as a vendor then.I don't say it on this account, but funniest thing that I sure that you already use that product. It so funny, that I laugh 3 minutes. And one of fun that in these "free of monopoly :facepalm " you can't discard this product and not hurt proof of life. But back to that thread product process .. You still think that any task or case should be solved per half year??? Order it just by time creation order without other priorities and not check risks??? NOOO.This is normal, that some process eat more time that half year. Is this nice? no. But this is normal common state form many many other projects..This is not small startup. So you can be ready that many things that already implemented in text inside task we will see may be after 5 years, or 10, or 30.

No matter what people wont be happy with the implementation of alliances or alliance battles. I think this will be particularly hard on people who did not play GW: Factions, and don't know what "alliance battles" are. Sure, they introduced the idea with 3 way WvW in mind, but with the way the game is going, I think when they deliver Cantha (which is the earliest anyone could hope for "alliances") people should at least brace for the fact that it may mean the end of WvWvW and the beginning of Kurzick vs Luxon 2 way "alliance battles".

@"Ubi.4136" said:No matter what people wont be happy with the implementation of alliances or alliance battles. I think this will be particularly hard on people who did not play GW: Factions, and don't know what "alliance battles" are. Sure, they introduced the idea with 3 way WvW in mind, but with the way the game is going, I think when they deliver Cantha (which is the earliest anyone could hope for "alliances") people should at least brace for the fact that it may mean the end of WvWvW and the beginning of Kurzick vs Luxon 2 way "alliance battles".

Unfortunately that wouldn’t surprise me.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"Ubi.4136" said:No matter what people wont be happy with the implementation of alliances or alliance battles. I think this will be particularly hard on people who did not play GW: Factions, and don't know what "alliance battles" are. Sure, they introduced the idea with 3 way WvW in mind, but with the way the game is going, I think when they deliver Cantha (which is the earliest anyone could hope for "alliances") people should at least brace for the fact that it may mean the end of WvWvW and the beginning of Kurzick vs Luxon 2 way "alliance battles".

Unfortunately that wouldn’t surprise me.I don't know Ubi, I mean, I guess it wouldn't surprise me either at this point, but that is more because we've learnt Anets erratic behaviour with this stuff over the years. So it's more a question of not ruling anything out than it would make sense for that to appear. It doesn't make much sense to put in such changes beyond some sort of thematic conformity over the games. If we're looking at gameplay and gameplay design alone the 3-way system has stood the test of time (even if we can debate how healthy the mode is, but 8 years of general neglect certainly has more to do with that than the ups and downs of the 3-way split). I'm not even saying that KvL would be bad, it could be a nice addition to the game if it is well made. However, it's certainly not as strong in theory as a perpetual content mode or a superior replacement of WvW as we know it.