Legendary Equipment and Templates - [Merged]

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:We want to talk a little about our plans for the next update that will affect the suite of templates features, and gather your feedback about what you hope to see from it.

We’re calling it the Legendary Armory.

I think many of us are very anxious about any kind of update on the progress of this. Is there anything at all you can tell us that will assure us if this is getting worked on or not?

This turned into one of those '"We'll definitely keep you updated so we can get feedback early on in development" -> not another mention for over half a year and counting' features huh. Going by their statement that they'd keep us updated from early in development, I guess we can deduce they haven't started yet.

I was excited and actually wanted to start creating more legendaries / complete the other two weights of legendary armour at the announcement of this feature.

But I'm assuming since it was pushed back, and then revealed to still be in the planning phase, and now there have been no further updates, that it has been cancelled along with alliances.

@Tulki.1458 said:But I'm assuming since it was pushed back, and then revealed to still be in the planning phase, and now there have been no further updates, that it has been cancelled along with alliances.

This is why I would be happy to get more shared slots. Armor is the only one I usually share between characters also some utilities and food. This takes most of the shared slots I have.

Also, removing the armor from each template and switching the runes gets annoying sometimes, but I'm losing all hope... sort of prepared to deal with it at this stage. Can't wait for proposal of crafting the leg runes...Weapons idc about at all, ascended ones are quite cheap compared to armor.

@NotTooFoolish.7412 said:This is why I would be happy to get more shared slots. Armor is the only one I usually share between characters

Ouch. Since there are no Equipment Templates, only Loadouts, it must be a pain in the behind.

Can't wait for proposal of crafting the leg runes...

?? Can you explain what you mean, as they have already been available for a long time now?

@Ashantara.8731 said:?? Can you explain what you mean, as they have already been available for a long time now?

They are an option, but they seem to be a bit overpriced for what they offer. Grinding is a part of MMO experience, but those took it a bit too far.Let's take a look at Leg Heavy Boots ~300 G to complete... Legendary Rune ~380 G if you were to buy the materials.

Crafting the legendary armor was a matter of convenience for me and the equipment templates are helping a lot e.g. on Ranger, Mesmer or Guardian. Taking the gear from HFB to BS (there are much worse examples, this is the one I've been facing recently) however, takes removing the gear from 3 templates, removing a set of runes, dropping the armor on BS, switching the stats again, popping in the runes (hopefully not for both condi and power variants). There's always an ascended option, but getting 5 sets of armor instead of 1 legendary set is not very appealing, even with the lucky drops from raids and/or fractals. Weapons are really not much of an issue, e.g. I've been getting a new ascended axe when gearing new class, despite having gen 2 Astralaria just to avoid removing it from multiple templates when sharing it with other characters (currently in use for 4 Ranger templates).

I was very excited to get the Armory, seeing lack of the updates on the topic I'm really discouraged to go for more classes...

My thoughts.

You can make them withdrawable like Zenith skins in achievements tab, but limited to the amount stored in the Armory (e.g. store 2 Legendary Runes into the armory, every each character in the account can withdraw up to 2 Legendary Runes). This way, every single character can have a set of armor for themselves, thus can transmute the skins into whatever they like, and every character can have a unique appearance. Didn't read the long thread, not sure if anyone already brought this one out.

Also, I'd love the idea to be able to use different skins on each equipment template. How about fashion slots that unaffected by armor skins? I don't mind if you make this Legendary Armors owners only perk.

@Raffrey.5271 said:My thoughts.

You can make them withdrawable like Zenith skins in achievements tab, but limited to the amount stored in the Armory (e.g. store 2 Legendary Runes into the armory, every each character in the account can withdraw up to 2 Legendary Runes). This way, every single character can have a set of armor for themselves, thus can transmute the skins into whatever they like, and every character can have a unique appearance. Didn't read the long thread, not sure if anyone already brought this one out.

Also, I'd love the idea to be able to use different skins on each equipment template. How about fashion slots that unaffected by armor skins? I don't mind if you make this Legendary Armors owners only perk.

I think having a separate box next to the armor that is just for wardrobe selection would be good. So your base armor remains unaffected. Transmutating armor just goes away. Instead, you have a transmutate slot next to the armor or weapon piece. Select the transmutate slot, pick the skin you want, pay a transmutate charge, and there you go. This can be template specific, so you can have a different look per template, and it would not affect sharing with other characters so you can pick your own looks for them. I think this is pretty solid if they can make it happen.

@lare.5129 said:Why some people sure that in legendary armory include ARMOR ?? not only weapons ??I am not sure .. and don't info that in armory include armor ..

Because it us stated that ANY legendary item is included in the first post. Does not say weapon or armor, but legendary item, which would mean anything with the legendary status.

@"High Paladin Vehiron Dartan.2415" said:This would be perfect especially if it included legendary runes/sigils. As making 6 legendary runes and 4 legendary sigils always seemed like a turn off to me and my guild mates. Of course it shouldn't need to be mentioned but I would hope this would include legendries already acquired and account bound.

What you dont want a rune in your aqua breather?

@NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

@suzako.1526 said:I already accepted that this only comes with the expansion. But I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't leave

It wouldn't make any sense to leave it for expansion and spoil it in advance. Especially since, we won't see the expansion until fall 2021. That is ofc the optimistic version.

For me it would make more sense to release it now. So people will play the game to get current legendaries and when the expansion comes, they should introduce Gen 3 legendaries, so people have an incentive to farm those to use with the armory. Both ways keep players busy and playing the game. Which at the moment is rather lackluster and boring. I'm not even sure if I will be playing gw2 anymore when the expansion comes and if I won't be, then I probably won't buy the xpac then either.

So anything to keep us in the game should be done NOW. Short lived Icebrood Saga content is not the answer. Legendary armory is. Because prople who would never have started on their leggy might and will do so, because it makes sense. And for casual players that will take some time. Thinking to release the armory in fall 2021 in the hope that everybody will go out and make a full set or armor, sigils, runes, trinkets and all weapons is pure fantasy. And knowing how some people are, they wany everything now, which leads to them getting discouraged by all the work they have to do. And no aNet, they won't play for another 3 years until they are done with their leggys. They will rather quit or flame the forums for clover nerf or whatever.

Just release the armory already and stop being afraid that you won't have enough content for your xpac. What good is all that content if you don't have any players left, because they got bored and switched to other games?

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:We want to talk a little about our plans for the next update that will affect the suite of templates features, and gather your feedback about what you hope to see from it.

We’re calling it the Legendary Armory.

Here’s a quick description of how it will work—when you bind a legendary item to your account, it will be added to the Legendary Armory. Any legendary item that is added to the Legendary Armory will become available for use by all the characters across your entire account at the same time. This removes the need for you to swap legendary equipment between characters through your bank or shared inventory. This feature will also come with updates to Equipment Template functionality to make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template to another template on the same character.

Here are our goals for the Legendary Armory feature:

• Make it feel more valuable to earn and use legendary equipment, while also making it easier to use legendary items with the Equipment Template feature.
  • Remove the need for players to swap account-bound legendary items between characters.
  • Make it easier to copy the configuration of equipped legendary items from one Equipment Template tab to another template on the same character.

Let us know your thoughts in this thread. Thank you all!

Can we get an update ANet?? Lots of us waiting to know if it will come with the new expansion or if it's even coming at all...

@Excursion.9752 said:I've made 20 legendary items since the announcement. I've done all this work and we can even get a few key presses to let us know what is going on... Bad form... :confused:

Same, I been bustin my hump trying to get armor sets one of each made, and now weapons so my characters can share them. I guess I just keep working and maybe eventually they will update this template system to be more legendary friendly (should have been a release feature IMO.)