I’m just gonna leave this here.

Bear.9568

Just a hint, making a buff thread in a forum that has a universal thief hating population isn't gonna yield great results. The community gives 0 $hits if u enjoy the class, how many enjoy the class or what kinda state it's in balanced or not as they truly only want the class to be unusable or deleted from the game.For yrs players have said that thiefs mobility was broken and that their mobility should be hard nerfed then maybe the could get some damage back to get away from the decap runner role. As anyone coulda guessed though even when thee tool that gave them such mobility is hard nerfed they still want the class mobility nerfed more and any idea of buffs to other areas are not unfathomable, funny though how when the nerfs to mobility do actually come know one wants to discuss buffs in other areas lol. I'm glad the pvp population dead, well deserved and not a surprise at all.

@Endorphin.9147 said:@Leonidrex.5649 i dont play it most of the time, the problem is when vsing other thieves (which there is usually 1-2 thieves on each team every match in my experience) if you are not running shadow arts you are putting yourself at a disadvantage

yep, this is thiefs problem. they have LOADS of builds, but they are all gate kept, not by other classes but by enemy thief, kind off ironic

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Endorphin.9147 said:gut shadow arts to the ground, its boring AF to play.

then dont play it, its not like other traits are unplayable, in fact if enemy team doesnt have thief I think other traits are better then SA

Theyre not. DA used to be fine but its bad now, and acrobatics and critical strikes are in fact unplayable, though for different reasons. Granted, not like DA plays any different to SA.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

then dont play it, its not like other traits are unplayable, in fact if enemy team doesnt have thief I think other traits are better then SA

Theyre not. DA used to be fine but its bad now, and acrobatics and critical strikes are in fact unplayable, though for different reasons. Granted, not like DA plays any different to SA.

im speaking about good thiefs, that can survive without stealthing for 20s+ at a time

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

im speaking about good thiefs, that can survive without stealthing for 20s+ at a time

Yes. For those too SA is superior to DA, and Acrobatics and Critical strikes are unplayable, and their playstyle doesnt change if they were to pick DA. Not entirely sure what point you were making here tbh.

@"UNOwen.7132" said:

DA is still pretty good, but it has been demoted to "use if yu have the slot for it" which makes it really only used on Core Thief.SA is just up there with Trickery right now : Too good to not use, too many benefits to ignore.

To not use SA is to lose an Emergency Stealth from using a Heal Skill, to lose cleanse while in Stealth, to lose Venom Siphon, to lose Boon Steal on Stealth attack now that Bountiful Thief has been nerfed.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@"UNOwen.7132" said:

DA is still pretty good, but it has been demoted to "use if yu have the slot for it" which makes it really only used on Core Thief.SA is just up there with Trickery right now : Too good to not use, too many benefits to ignore.

The issue is that DA is inferior damage-wise to both DD and SA. The only reason youd ever pick DA is because you either dont have HoT, or youre playing S/D which doesnt use stealth attacks at all.

To not use SA is to lose an Emergency Stealth from using a Heal Skill, to lose cleanse while in Stealth, to lose Venom Siphon, to lose Boon Steal on Stealth attack now that Bountiful Thief has been nerfed.

Oh you wouldnt particularly miss most of those. The cleanse in stealth is pretty damn weak as is, and people are often not even using it. The stealth on heal skill is not terrible, but not worth a traitline, and the boon rip is nice, but now that its just 1 stolen boon, not imperative. No the main reason you pick SA is because its the most consistent damage traitline in its slot. DA does less damage, CS is completely unreliable to the point where it will usually do less damage as well.

yep, this is thiefs problem. they have LOADS of builds, but they are all gate kept, not by other classes but by enemy thief, kind off ironic

Lol@ LOADS of builds.

Gut SA and you'll have 2 dead trait lines (hello acro) and a traitline thats basically mandatory for all builds (trickery). Where will these loads of viable builds come from?

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Endorphin.9147 said:@Leonidrex.5649 i dont play it most of the time, the problem is when vsing other thieves (which there is usually 1-2 thieves on each team every match in my experience) if you are not running shadow arts you are putting yourself at a disadvantage

thief doesn't only gate kept thief tho. that's the problem. thief also gate kept any roamer that isnt thiefthat's why you are able to play non-SA when enemy has no thief.

@felix.2386 said:

thief doesn't only gate kept thief tho. that's the problem. thief also gate kept any roamer that isnt thiefthat's why you are able to play non-SA when enemy has no thief.

I know, playing power mesmer doesnt even feel all that bad when enemy doesnt have thief.