Getting started in WvW

Sarpan.9074

How do you find out where on the maps things are happening? I'm new to WvW, trying to get the Warclaw. Short of joining a guild is there a way to see where the action is? I roam around until I run into other players and occasionally a group and I stay with them the best I can. That works, but finding others is hit and miss. I seldom see commander tags so that's not the answer. Am I missing something?

Best way is to join a commander squad. Find out when they are on, and join a tag. Then, join a discord or teamspeak and listen to what they're saying and just follow.IF you're solo, you usually don't want to be "where the action is" because that's usually an enemy zerg. But you can check if there are swords either on objectives (keeps, camps), or orange sowrds on map. That's where people are fighting.

Time zone.

Unfortunately, WvW does not have 24hrs player coverage.

Sometimes if yu can only log on during a low activity period, yu will be hard pressed to take any objectives.

It may be wiser then to move servers to one which actually has players on and active during yur play period.

Be sure to create a tab in your chat which receives and sends messages to /map and /team chats. Map chats will allow you to contact with anyone in the map and scout your finds, with team chat being the same but on a 4 map scale. You will never miss the fun. Especially if yyour servers already use these chats to announce open commander tags etc.

But you may have already know that...It is the safest bet however. Also click on the cog of your chat panel and press the 'Show Channel Tag" feature, which will show you from which map (BBL=Blue, GBL=Green, RBL=Red, EBG=Main) each player in team chat sends the messages from, without needing clarification.