Severe Lag Spikes & Disconnect - Error Code 7:11:3:202:101 - [Merged]

@Elas.9052 said:It appears this was reported in August, they acknowledged it with a post and then updated that post in October.

It's interesting that before the recent patch other players were lagging very badly, especially on Season 4 maps, but now it's mostly fine. I used to have extreme server lag issues before the latest patch but that fixed all of those and now I experience zero lag even on the worst offending map (Thunderhead Peaks) and many players in game report that everything is fine. I've been to many Thunderhead Peaks meta events after the patch and nobody reported any lag there.

I'm curious about those that say they started experiencing lag with the latest patch, did you experience extreme lag BEFORE that patch? Because if you had no lag before and it started now, this would mean that Anet changed something on the servers to fix the lag issues of some people, but introduced lag to others. Meaning there is a clear routing or load balancing issue with the Guild Wars 2 servers.

Actually I didn't have lag really before the patch, well aside from DR and LA. But that is expected because of the high population. But after, I try to do world bosses or anything anywhere and I lag out and disconnect. I have not found any workaround or anything to solve the issue and it's got me to where all I do is meander around and do much of nothing.But, the game and servers are very old and they're trying to find ways to fix the problem. ANet has always been on things for the most part so I have faith in them. I just have to wait it out.

This game is laggy to the point that I'm starting to doubt if they even actually care. And it's not an ISP kind of lag too considering this is the only game where I am having constant ping spikes (reaching beyond 4K ping most of the time) and severe delay that even cutting down an elder wood node takes an annoying amount of time much less trying to actually play the game.

I'm in for the expansions in all honesty but skipping maintenance on the current version of the game is like saying, "I'm making an expansion so you don't have any rights to complain on how bad the current state is. Either endure it or go away."

Quick Edit : This normally occurs around 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM GMT+8. Starting way around October (yes, I am enduring this for that long already)

• 2 weeks later...

This has been happening to me for the past 2 weeks. The game is completely unplayable. Nothing has changed on my end--same computer, same router, ect. I went through all the troubleshooting suggestions for error 7's suggested by arenanet, and nothing helped. When I first log in, I can get about 3 minutes of lag-free playtime. Then suddenly, the game just stops and I'm disconnected. If I'm SUPER DUPER lucky, I can get 10 minutes before the disconnects... but once it happens the first time, it's impossible to log back in for the next hour or so--I disconnect as soon as the map loads. And after that hour, it's the same... I can log in for 3 minutes until disconnect.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who's been experiencing this!

Does anyone know what is the IP address of NA - Borlis Pass?(An IP that we can actually use CMD to ping on)

I tried the command /ip in chat command and ping to that but all it gives me was 'RTO'Today the lag spike went from 200+ to 4000+ and I was just chilling in the corner of a desolated map with no one in sight.After that - I just got disconnected and couldn't log back in -_-

@"Stalvros.9217" said:Does anyone know what is the IP address of NA - Borlis Pass?(An IP that we can actually use CMD to ping on)

I tried the command /ip in chat command and ping to that but all it gives me was 'RTO'

GW2 servers are on AWS, you cannot get reliable results from pinging AWS servers. There are ways, but it takes research on your end.

You can also get more reliable results by running GW2 with the -diag argument in the target field. Or use "pathping" instead of "tracert" and "ping" in Command Prompt, which does both and is the same thing as the GW2 diagnostics does, I think.

I run RTTS to monitor various metrics while playing and, while everything is underutilized (CPU, GPU, Memory, Network DL Speed) I get rubberbanding in WvW that can only be attributed to server latency issues, after testing. Sometimes my ping spikes to 2500-3000 and stays there for 30m or so, then it goes back to normal. I have 0 packet loss before reaching AWS servers.

Hi all,I've been getting disconnected now sporadically for the past couple of days, but this morning it is impossible for me to play at all. I manage to stay online for 2 minutes and then I loose connection, getting the same error code: 7:11:3:202:101 myself.I cannot see massive ping spikes, just sudden disconnect. Very frustrating.I think it gradually started escalating after the latest patch.

@WolfHeart.1256 said:

@"Stalvros.9217" said:Does anyone know what is the IP address of NA - Borlis Pass?(An IP that we can actually use CMD to ping on)

I tried the command /ip in chat command and ping to that but all it gives me was 'RTO'

GW2 servers are on AWS, you cannot get reliable results from pinging AWS servers. There are ways, but it takes research on your end.

You can also get more reliable results by running GW2 with the -diag argument in the target field. Or use "pathping" instead of "tracert" and "ping" in Command Prompt, which does both and is the same thing as the GW2 diagnostics does, I think.

I run RTTS to monitor various metrics while playing and, while everything is underutilized (CPU, GPU, Memory, Network DL Speed) I get rubberbanding in WvW that can only be attributed to server latency issues, after testing. Sometimes my ping spikes to 2500-3000 and stays there for 30m or so, then it goes back to normal. I have 0 packet loss before reaching AWS servers.

I like this idea! Atm all I have running side by side is just CMD ping www.google.com -t

Could you tell me more abt the commands on how to do this specifically?

To drop in my own 2 cents, for me the issue started occurring about the same time the insane lag spikes in LWS4, PoF and IBS maps started happening (about early 2020). It is almost always limited to 3 scenarios for me:

• End of a story instance, when the game is supposed to switch to a cutscene or the reward popup
  • End of a PvP match
  • End of a Fractal

As you see it's basically exclusively tied to instanced content and always code 7:11:3:202:101. I created firewall exceptions for Gw2-64.exe , enabled port forwarding for ports 80, 443, 6112, nothing seems to make a difference.

@"Stalvros.9217" said:I like this idea! Atm all I have running side by side is just CMD ping www.google.com -t

Could you tell me more abt the commands on how to do this specifically?

Create a copy of your GW2 shortcut, place it on your desktop or wherever you want, edit the shortcut, go to properties > shortcut > target > add -diag at the end of your GW2 location, after the closing " (add a space between them)

See this image for what it looks like on my side, as an example > https://imgur.com/a/CP4nyrb

GW2 has more info on this also > https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231273708-Collecting-Diagnostic-Information-for-Support-Reporting-Tech-Issues-and https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862998-Troubleshooting-Connectivity-Issues

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, ive been getting constant high Ping ever since i cameback to the game this year, does the problem continue to happen for you guys and where can i find ANET's answer to this matter. ive been playing this game for 6 years now and i dont think my gear or isp is the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I managed to find a solution for the disconnect error (at least it worked for me):

I use Windows Defender as AV/firewall and for any reasons, gw2 wasn't added to the whitelist for firewall passthrough.

After i manually added the game exe (Gw2-64.exe) to the passthrough list, I got no more disconnects with Error Code 7:11:3:202:101.

Maybe it works for you too!

Detailed steps (freely translated from german, so some words may be different ^^):

1. open Windows Defender (e.g. doubleclick the icon in tray)
  2. click on "firewall & network protection"
  3. click on "allow app access through firewall"
  4. if you can't find gw in the list, click on "change settings" on top right and then on "allow different app" on down right
  5. "search" for gw2 path on your hdd and open Gw2-64.exe
  6. click "type of network" down left and mark both networks
  7. hit ok, restart gw2 and enjoy 🙂

Take care

Azradox

Edited by Azradox.6324
forgot one step
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...