[WvW] The Hunter : Core Warrior Roaming, Rifle - Axe/Warhorn (SEMI TESTED USE AT OWN PERIL)

Yasai.3549

Build link : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKxEQ6MssAmIDjtRLwRW6d5D-zVRYBBLG1sSppEIzIo3QoiCQ/B-w

Concept

So I've made a few comments in various threads before regarding my observations on current Roaming trends, about how many roamers nowadays are leaning toward using Summoned support in order to aid them in their roaming and objective taking, usually solo or in a small group setting.

This is why I've now brought yu The Hunter.The main goal of this build is to combine self preservation, ranged pressure with Rifle, as well as putting bodies (summons) on the field to harass and contribute to damage.

This is also the first build that I would recommend playing a certain race for, because of the Racial Elites.Only options are Charr, Asura or Human

Summons

1. Human - Hounds of BalthazarCharr - Warband SupportAsura - Series 7 Golem
  2. Golemancer Rune.

The idea is to throw as many AI entities on the field to help combat an enemy.Since we have dumb MM Scourges around these days pulling this nonsense with a flood of minions, Thieves running Thieves Guild, Scrapper dropping Turrets, nothing is off the table now.Abuse yur racial. Hold nothing back.

Utilities

Heal - To The LimitLarge chunky heal which gives Endurance and Adrenaline. 24s cooldown with the trait.

Stunbreak and anti CCBalanced Stance - Basically yur Emergency Stunbreak, use when yu feel like being CC'd in the moment is gonna cost yu too much to recover.Also doubles as a defense against power attacks, so use accordingly to yur matchup.

Anti Condi and main StunbreakShake it off.Removes a load of condis, heals with trait, and stunbreaks.Perfect when facing the few Mesmers that has not been extinct yet, and CtA spamming Revenants.

Surprise tool that will help us laterFear Me.Don't sleep on this.Basically yur most valuable tool in this kit, when used properly, turns even the most aggressive enemy into a baby.Use when being assaulted by melee combatants to give yurself breathing room.3s Fear is a great setup for yur Burst and other Rifle skills.

EliteOl' trusty summon based on yur race.

Weapons

Rifle - The core of yur build.Ranged Pressure to compliment yur goon squad to shutdown targets dumb enough to attack yu.

Axe/WarhornWhy not support yur hunting pack?Core Warrior Axe Burst at level 3 is also a force to be reckoned with.

Weaknesses

0 Chasing power.This build is mainly for players who want to Roam with comfort, while having extremely good dueling potential.Do not chase enemies with this build.Yur gonna get outran, then when yur guard is down, they can easily turn around and gut yu.

This build is also extremely bad at facing high sustain matchups, because yur option is to burst/harass till yu win, and all yur cooldowns are designed to buy time, not out-sustain someone.

Final thoughts

Please don't @ me if this build earns yu some haters.

Disclaimer : Semi tested. It proved really effective, but I have yet to master it.If someone masters this, it's actually pretty darn powerful.

I don't play Warrior anymore, but I enjoy the thought behind the build. It really has a "theme" going and that's pretty cool.

I'll take your word that it has been effective for you, but on paper it definitely looks questionable. I believe pretty well anything can work if you play it well enough though, so I've no doubt this is the same. Rifle having lots of ammunition skills probably helps a lot, and Axe being a very high damage weapon should be good for when people close the gap on you.

I enjoy seeing unique builds though, so I hope some people give this a try!

I really chuckled at the 'use at own peril' part of the title.

My warrior is a human so I may give it a try later tonight. Warrior's Cunning might be more useful over Empower Allies for when you encounter Barrier or high toughness+vitality targets. I find myself regretting not taking it when ever I have to chase after a target that is pumping barrier out.