New Feature Suggestion for Aerodrome’s Special Forces Training Area

fatnorn.3065

Hey guys,

So we not only have a DPS Golem to practice our rotations, we also have special golems for thieves to practice their stolen skills (perfect for boonthieves) as well as pulsing area damage feature for healers to practice their healing capabilities (some even use this feature to practice their survival skills for tanking, handkiting, etc).

I would like to suggest another golem variety which is a small golem we can use to practice our pushing skills with.Just a small golem, ho-ho-tron sized golem will do.And I suggest making this golem immune to damage but can be moved simply by attacking it (similar to Keep Construct’s core) because it should be meant for us to practice our pushing/hard CC skills with. Even though we can spawn regular golems without a defiance bar, it is still immune to every forms of hard CC.

This could be a perfect feature for new players to tackle new roles in raiding, particularly pushing Keep Construct’s Core and Soulless Horror’s Tormented Dead. I personally do not think it is ideal to practice these roles in the actual fight, even in training runs because it will be bothersome to 9 other players who wanted a smooth completion and I can’t help but to feel selfish if I mess up and cause 9 other players to waste their time.

Pushing may look easy, but the reality is that it can be pretty tricky to master as you need to have the right positioning to push your target to where you want it to go. I believe with this new golem feature, we can practice our positioning, CC skills and trial and errors in pushing so we can improve ourselves for the real fight.

PS: Yes, I am aware that the golems in the fractal lobby are prone to hard CC. It may only be good for practicing Tormented Dead pushing, but the arena is too small and limited compared to the aerodrome training area . It’s still nonetheless useful to have a feature where just by attacking it will push it forward so it can be universally beneficial to practice for all forms of pushing mechanics, let it be for existing raid wings and even for future raid wings.

You can also train by using your push skills at OW-events like many good bearbow-rangers do. A feedback system is already included, the more hate in chat, the better your push-skills are. (Sorry, but that was the first thing that came to my mind ;) )

But serious now, in my opinion the biggest problem with pushing are the up to 9 other players and bugs. So to make the training realistic, you would also need npcs who cast random skills (including CC) on your target and a bugged floor for the KC-training.

lets just make a system where you can practice every raid mechanic outside of the boss encounter then? Seriously this is never going to be a good idea because it's never going to give you the true experience and may actually falsely make you think you have mastered something when you haven't. Dpsing the golem even is very different to dpsing many raid encounters.

@Psykewne.3025 said:lets just make a system where you can practice every raid mechanic outside of the boss encounter then? Seriously this is never going to be a good idea because it's never going to give you the true experience and may actually falsely make you think you have mastered something when you haven't. Dpsing the golem even is very different to dpsing many raid encounters.

Why are you overcomplicating my statement? I never even suggested a chrono tower practice, sabetha cannon practice, mushroom eating practice. In short, suggesting a system where you can practice every raid mechanic outside of the boss encounter came from YOU. Not me.

I see no harm to the game with this feature being added. I'm only suggesting (not even a request) for this one special golem. You will still feel the real experience when you push the core with the phantasms actually chasing you and pushing TD with the death walls coming towards the squad.

@Schimmi.6872 said:You can also train by using your push skills at OW-events like many good bearbow-rangers do. A feedback system is already included, the more hate in chat, the better your push-skills are. (Sorry, but that was the first thing that came to my mind ;) )

But serious now, in my opinion the biggest problem with pushing are the up to 9 other players and bugs. So to make the training realistic, you would also need npcs who cast random skills (including CC) on your target and a bugged floor for the KC-training.

Nope, see you missed my point and speculated your own. I did not, and never did, suggested the training to be as realistic as possible. Just one golem that can be pushed/cc and no more, no less. If anyone else want to experience buggy floor, annoying npcs, they can attempt the actual encounter itself.

However, i do agree with your suggestion on practicing pushing skills in OW. Will definitely give that a try.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:If you want to train orb pushing, you can go to xera alone and push the pre event orbs, those are same as the KC core. Ofc this is not the solution you are asking for just a first aid.

Then it will only benefit you in Wing 3. Makes sense nonetheless, you wanna be good at Wing 3, you practice in Wing 3. But I am not talking about Wing 3 in particular.

I'm talking about the entire spectrum of the pushing mechanics. Something that is universally done in 2 or more raid wings and future wings to come. Hence, why being able to practice this in the aerodrome would be handy.

However i still love your suggestion there. If anyone wants to practice specifically KC pushing (not tormented dead, etc) they can definitely have a Xera instance available for that.

@Arien Geijtenbeek.7061 said:

@Schimmi.6872 said:You can also train by using your push skills at OW-events like many good bearbow-rangers do. A feedback system is already included, the more hate in chat, the better your push-skills are. (Sorry, but that was the first thing that came to my mind ;) )

Nope, see you missed my point and speculated your own. I did not, and never did, suggested the training to be as realistic as possible. Just one golem that can be pushed/cc and no more, no less. If anyone else want to experience buggy floor, annoying npcs, they can attempt the actual encounter itself.

However, i do agree with your suggestion on practicing pushing skills in OW. Will definitely give that a try.

No, I see your point, but I think, that just a clean room with only a golem to push is too far away from a realistic setting, to be usefull for training.